• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Chimchar, because I started out with Piplup the first time round, and didn't really like Empoleon's move set, and I don't like Grass type Pokemon (although they are handy in some instances) :D

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I chose Piplup. Normally I choose fire starters, with the only exception being Treecko in R/S/E. But I absolutely adore penguins, and Piplup was just too darn cute to pass up. Plus, I love Empoleon's excellent defenses afforded by his Steel type. I would usually switch him in as a wall after weakening a legendary so I can just chuck Ultra Balls over and over without worrying about my Pokemon taking too much damage.

Years
  • I usually choose fire starters however I chose Piplup. Strong attacks and durable enough to take a punch. Not to mention by far the cutest starter ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    I chose chimchar since firetype are awesome to begin with but it's evolve forms look cool too.

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Pearl (first played) - I chose Chimchar cuz I like Fire type and its fast and a good ATK and Sp.Atk stat.
    Diamond - Piplup is here cuz i've played the female character just like to match the anime.
    Platinum - Turtwig cuz it's the only one left to try and absolutely like it for being to learn EQ and solid ATK stat.

Back