• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think Ash's father is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Who Do you think Ash's Father is? It's a pretty hard question, something that we'll never know, but your opinions count :)

Giovanni I think that Giovanni would be Ash's dad. Ash's dad isnt home, neither is Giovanni, and he looks like he would have kids lol.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Nope. In a Pokemon movie: Mewtwo Returns Giovanni said that he and Ash would forever be enemies or something liek that. The perfect candidate would be ... a stranger. x_X That we hardly know of.

Duke R

Member #1950
    Years
    I think that Giovanni is Ash's father and Prof. Oak's son. So Gary and Daisy are his sons, Delia and Oak are relatives and all.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Duke R said:
    I think that Giovanni is Ash's father and Prof. Oak's son. So Gary and Daisy are his sons, Delia and Oak are relatives and all.

Uhh... Giovanni's father and Prof. Oak's son ...? That didn't make sense. x-x; And in the anime Daisy doesn't exist.

Edit: NOW I get it. x-x;

Last edited:

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    i think its bruno, coz ashes mum said that he was just like his father (great trainer) thats my theory

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    wtf happened to my post, soz 4 dp btw but somethin messed up with my post

just incase this has happened to any1 els i said that i thought ashes dad was bruno

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I personally think that it is someone that we haven't seen yet. I don't think that it is Giovanni. Remember on the first or second Pokemon episode, when Ash was waiting for Pikachu to get out of the recovery room, and he called his mom? Well, during their conversation, his mom said something about his father, and she added, 'You're the apple of his eye!' Please... Giovanni would not say something like that, or act that way towards Ash, unless there's another side of him that we haven't seen yet, lol. O_o He's 99.9% evil.

And this might need to be moved to Pokemon TV Shows and Movies... I can't decide.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Concerning the comment in the second episode, Ash was only ten then and much too young to know the truth...although it seems that Ash's father ran off, Delia might have wanted to hide the truth as to keep Ash thinking that his father was gone away on pokemon business, so she could have easily said that just to make Ash feel better. Giovanni is the most likely choice, even though there is no proof. I like the Luke/Vader parallel with Ash and Giovanni, how your worst enemy turns out to be your closest relative...also, I'm sure that they're saving huge revelations for the end of the series...major things that would happen would include Ash's father being revealed, AAML coming into plain view, things like that...Giovanni being Ash's father would make a very interesting occurance for the finale...if they were to reconcile somehow or Ash bring down TR entirely, I think it would be good because it would release Jessie and James from the miserable line of work they're in, Giovanni's ambitions would be crushed as well, and he could either choose to hold a grudge against his son or embrace him and go back to Delia to unite the Ketchum family once again. It would just make the best dramatic ending to the show, and that's why I think that he's Ash's father.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Concerning the comment in the second episode, Ash was only ten then and much too young to know the truth...although it seems that Ash's father ran off, Delia might have wanted to hide the truth as to keep Ash thinking that his father was gone away on pokemon business, so she could have easily said that just to make Ash feel better. Giovanni is the most likely choice, even though there is no proof. I like the Luke/Vader parallel with Ash and Giovanni, how your worst enemy turns out to be your closest relative...also, I'm sure that they're saving huge revelations for the end of the series...major things that would happen would include Ash's father being revealed, AAML coming into plain view, things like that...Giovanni being Ash's father would make a very interesting occurance for the finale...if they were to reconcile somehow or Ash bring down TR entirely, I think it would be good because it would release Jessie and James from the miserable line of work they're in, Giovanni's ambitions would be crushed as well, and he could either choose to hold a grudge against his son or embrace him and go back to Delia to unite the Ketchum family once again. It would just make the best dramatic ending to the show, and that's why I think that he's Ash's father.
    Wow, that would be an awesome ending...but more than likely it would never happen -_-;; if only they made a more mature story for Pokemon...something we could enjoy XD lol but maybe we should send mail to Nintendo to see if they can get a better story line going XD

Yeah this should be moved to Pokemon TV shows and Movies ^_^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'va always thoguh it was Giovanni...for basically the same reasons y'all do. I once went through a phase where I thought Lance was Ash's dad, but those two episdoes in seson 5 show that Lance is way too young for that job...

*moves to TV/Movies*

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Actually, I was thinking that since it also reflects upon the Manga, it could have stayed in the Pokemon General Forum, but since I was mistaken for sure, It should have been here, sorry about that n_n;;

Giovanni is the perfect candidate once again.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Ah, the age-old question! I have my response from way back when Miyu-chan started a thread asking this same question--to which she gave me my only reputation points, lol. Here's what I wrote from way back in November:

*sigh* Unfortunately we STILL don't know who this kid's father is. All we know is that he was an accomplished Pok?mon trainer according to Delia in "Pok?mon Emergency!". I also heard his father was going to be revealed or elaborated more in the fifth season...*cricket noises*...we're now past the fifth season and there was no mention of him. "Pok?mon Live!" the musical indicated Delia was involved with Giovanni somehow since she hung around with a group of bad kids who later became members of Team Rocket. BUT she straightened out once she met Ash's father. So apparently he isn't the Dad. However, that little scene was the American dubber's brainchild. It's up to Japan to determine who Ash's Dad is. And I also wanted to clear this up -- Why in God's name would a supposed man named Giovanni, a name of Italian origin, have the last name Ketchum, a name of Dutch/German origin?! I mean, it happens, but Brock and Misty call her "Mrs. Ketchum". That title means she's married, but who knows the technicalities as to whether or not she kept her maiden name? OKAY I'M GETTING REALLY OFF-TRACK! O_o If you want my opinion (hopefully it's factual), Giovanni is not Ash's father. *takes a deep breath and exhales slowly*

I realize that I discussed the English dub names--and not the Japanese original. But, don't you think it kind of applies either way...

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
    In that old Pokemon Live! thing that was out eh..3-4 years ago. Didn't it say something along the lines that Giovanni and Delia used to date or something?

I know that has nothing to do with the manga..or the anime..I just felt like pointing that out and contribute to the whole.."Giovanni is Ash's Dad" Theory thingy. ^^;

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I'm thinking that ash's father may be dead. HIs mom in that episode could ahve been speaking as if his spirit was watching over ash. That may be why ash's mom got so upset about ash down talking hismelf in his father's point of view, because parents tend to be sensitive about dead relatives.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I don't think that Ash and Gio are wosrt enemies. They've met less than a handful of times, and does Ash even remember him?

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I haven't seen that "pokemon live" episode, could someone explain in greater detail just what happens in it?

(I'm saving my personal opinions about it until I get some more info about that episode.)

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
    Years
    well i dont think its goi and i do think its a great trainer, but i dont think that they will ever reveal ashes father

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back