• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think will win the console wars?

3 REGIS

Oo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.oO
Years
  • Microsoft-XBOX 360
    Nintendo-Wii
    Sony-PS3

My vote is Wii, motion controllers,SSBB,T.P.,Low (in comparison to other 2) price of $250, What's not to like?;)

Edit: I'm not %100 sure this is the right place...
    Edit Edit: Yeah, this should probably be put in polls.

Years
  • Microsoft-XBOX 360
    Nintendo-Wii
    Sony-PS3

My vote is Wii, motion controllers,SSBB,T.P.,Low (in comparison to other 2) price of $250, What's not to like?;)

Edit: I'm not %100 sure this is the right place...

The Wii.

Amazon's pre-orders

GONE
    IN
    MINUTES

Years
  • Edit: I'm not %100 sure this is the right place...

No; only polls with no other place go in OVP. Since this poll is about video games, you're fine. If you were to have put it in polls, I would've moved it. o.o
    But enough babble. XD;

Personally... I don't know. I'm going to guess the Wii though. It's sold out like mad lately, and I haven't heard too many problems as of now. o_O;

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Sweeties, Wii dominated already. =3</fanboyness>

Serrouisly, I believe the Wii will win this generation console war for its price, games, unqiue control, and the VC sweeties. =3

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Wivolution's already won. Virtual Console, low price, unique controller,...all they need is SSBB to seal the deal.

PS3 WOULD be a semi-close second if it had a much lower price, but it doesn't, so it fails.

And all that Xbox really has going for it is Halo. Period. "De-exclusive" that and Microsoft's bid in this war drifts off into nothingness.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Lets keep it clean guys, ok? I remember the DS vs PSP threads, and they weren't pretty. So lets not bash other systems (it's ok to say "The PS3 will win and here's why I think it will", and I'm not even sure if Triffy will let this thread go, it is up to him).

Anyway, when Amazon.com opened up for Wii orders they were all gone within a min (that's right, sold out under 60 secs). And that alone proves a good bit (I don't know how fast the PS3 sold out, but I'm guessing the Wii had more systems, so if it had more and sold out quicker then it's something).
    I think the Wii will win, sure it has some ways to go to outsell the 360, but I just know it'll win.
    If you really want to know my reasons then click below.
    https://arcanine-88.livejournal.com/17562.html

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    By the end of this generation, I predict the consoles will be something like this:

1 - PS3
    2 - Wii (close second)
    3 - 360 (distant third. like gcn last round)

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
  • My prediction is something like this.

#1- XBox 360. You can pretty much say that it can compare to the PS3, since the graphics are no different.
    Games that will sell 360's: Gears of War, Halo 3, Lost Planet, Assassins' Creed,Halo Wars, Alan Wake, Bioshock.

#2- Wii. Low graphics ... But Fun games. Enought said.
    Games that will sell Wii's: Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, SMBB, Any form of Pokemon game, and, of course, Super Mario Galaxy.

#3- PS3: The system's spect are quite similar to the 360, and when it comes down to it, people might be more willing to spend $400 rather than $600.
    Games that will sell PS3's: Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun's of the patriots, Final Fantasy XIII, Kingdom Hearts III, De3vil May Cry 4.

This, of course, is my opinion.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I'm going to say what I honestly think is going to happen. I think that Sony and Nintendo have the best shot at being #1 and it's going to be a lot closer this time around...the PS3 won't out sell the Wii and the 360 by double of their combined sales like the PS2 whooped on the X-Box and Gamecube. It's going to be close this time around and either Sony or Nintendo will win. Sony has the best console for the price even though it's priced pretty high, Blu-Ray players alone are worth over $1,000 for a good one, the CELL processor is expensive and it's all of that plus everything the 360 can do the PS3 can do. You also can't forget the power the Playstation name has.The Wii will be a close second or it will barely win and the 360 will be a close third, I really think this time around the console wars are going to be very even. The Wii will probably dominate the Japanese market and the PS3 will do good but not that good, the 360 is almost not a factor in the Japanese market. The PS3 has no good games out at the time but neither did the PS2 back then, the PS3 will get it's games soon enough. The problem that the PS3 will face is that the 360 will take most of the exclusives from Sony, not take them away entirely but they will share those games now, it's already starting to happen. The 360 will also do good because of Halo 3 and some of it's other first party games along with it's great online service. Microsoft won't be #1 because they can't compete in Japan and to win this console war you have to compete on all fronts. Meanwhile the Wii will have it's always awesome 1st party titles as well as some great unique games form third parties like the DS has seen. The Wii, like I said already, will dominate the Japanese charts and that will help out a lot and this might, and probably will, be the reason the Wii comes out on top. Nintendo is going to have to make the Wii last and they are going to have to push some other developers too because first party games alone won't do it for them, just see what happened with the GC and the 64. In the end I think this will be a very close race between and this will only benefit us, the gamers, because the competition will be pushing each other to the max which will force quality, Nintendo has always had quality but now it will be even better. I seriously want Nintendo to come out on top but it has to show longevity and I think that's one of the reasons they have their 1st party games spread out.

Here are my predictions now and I think no matter how they really end up it will be very close, very very close.

1. Wii- The new, the fun, and the Japanese market. Oh and 1st party games, enough said, Nintendo will take #1 and dish out massive damage to the giant enemy Sony crab because it will dethrone them.

2. PS3- The power, the games, and the name, it's a close second for Sony.

3. 360- The traditional tried and true experience, the great online, and Halo. A close third for Microsoft, the one year head start will help but without the Japanese market they won't win.

Anyways, no matter what happens I know that the only company that's going to be getting significantly richer is Nintendo. It's all about the business and Nintendo knows this, they don't even care about #1 because they know #1 won't help them if they lose money, they're just sitting back and raking in the money and thinking ahead towards the next generation already.

Years
  • The PS3 and the Wii just came out last month! It is much too early to say who'll win this round of the Console Wars. I haven't even thought about playing any of the 3 yet.

I'm doing the smart thing and wait a few years when all 3 systems have been out, their prices will be lowered and each systems best games have been released as well.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think the Wii is guaranteed a second place finish...

The Xbox360 and the PS3, having more appeal to the large crowds of people who aren't as adamant into games as Nintendo's core fanbase, will become to top dog combined, but the 360 has the large advantage of being cheaper for comparably powerful hardware.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Well for in my opinion i find that firstly and foremost i think that the xbox360 has no chance as personally i have never really liked the console. The Wii is a great and valid opponent as it has great elements to it such as its controller, however i find that because of its lack in graphics, it will not clinch the top position. In addition to this many people have suffered from whats known of the 'Wii Shoulder', where gamers have developed muscle aches in the shoulder due to constant movement with the controller during gameplay. As a result i feel that that PS3 will make it to the top as it has extremley powerful graphics and gameplay is extremeley exhilarating, aswell as having many decent release tittles.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Nitnedo has produced and shipped more than twice as many Wii's as Sony has produced PS3's. Not really surprising.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Why don't follow the Next-Gen War in action ?? Here you are...

Take the url and if you want, put them in your signature. They're 3 userbars. And they are updated in real time !! xD

Back