• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who got tricked by a Pokékid?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
  • When I first played diamond there was one by the water on a bridge in a pikachu costume. I thought it was an actual pikachu so I went up to it, pressed A then went into a pokemon battle only to find out it was just some Pokekid. I sort of got annoyed after that.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • -Raises hand- Guilty as charged. They caught me once out and about and the one in the pokecenter was surprising (although it's a choice to fight). Hahaha yeah i was so pissed after being caught by that trap. Looked... so... real!

noobiot100

Beginning Trainer of Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    lol I thought the pikachu trainer was going to give me an item

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • I obviously did, with that Pikachu xD In the first play through of Diamond. But then, who /would/ have expected it to be a trainer and not an actual Pokemon? :3
    I thought it might've been some side-quest thing or whatever, you know, bring the Pikachu back to it's trainer. But nope, it was some kid obsessed with Pikachus and even dressed up as one.

Years
  • only the first time. I saw a Pikachu standing there and I was like WOW!! but it was a stupid little trainer...
    I still get tricked by the ninja kids that jump out of the ground though. Scare the crap out of me!!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    It's always that first imposter. I figured, like everyone else, that it was going to be somewhat story-relevant. But then it wasn't, and I was like-

"Hi, Hi! I'm a-"
    *Punt*
    *Splash!*

And I haven't trusted a single overworld Pikachu to be what it looks like since.

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • I half expected it, because whether they were in Gold or Silver, I can vaguely remember some kids dressing up as pokemon. Plus the guys in Rock Tunnel in the FR/LG games. They have the half suit. I figured it was either a PokeFreak or a special pikachu.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Lol the first time a played diamond i did. Now i do it so i can beat up pikachu

chickengamer

Pointless Space, Trade with me
    Years
  • Who got tricked by a few kids dressed as Pokémon? I saw this little Pikachu, alone on a bridge on my way to Solaceon Town. I felt real sympathy for it, so went up to, it saying: "Hi there, little Pikachu, are you lost?" and when I spoke to it, he cried out: "Hi, I'm a Pokémon! Let's battle!" Who's ever had that done to them?

yea its happened to me, your meaning that pikachu on the bridge as you go to Solaceon town, he has a nice custome though wonder where he got it...
    anyway it was kind of scary when i first played through the game, but now i take a bit more care before talking to pokemon like charcters.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2009
    yes, i admit i fell for them once or twice. It's like "Cool, its a pikachu" then it says "Let's battle". I felt so stupid.
    Now I'm more cautious. I only go up to them if i actually want to battle them

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • I got tricked by Sparky Pikachu. ?______?;
    I thought this was a topic about another member scamming someone, but it turns out we're talking about fake pokemons in the game.

Yes, I got tricked by that kid in the Pika-suit on the bridge before Solaceon. Haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Hahaha, when my first play on Pearl...
    I was tricked too.
    I was thinking that "the Pikachu" might be something special,
    like knowing special moves(that a normal ones can't learn) or something...
    Or might be roaming Pokemon,
    as I first saw it, it reminisces me Suicune from Crystal.

Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    I was tricked, too. I thought it was just like any other Pokemon one sees wandering around that would just say their names. But what caught me even more were the ninja boys that hide underground in between Solaceon Town and Celestic Town.

Mingo

Event hunter!
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2013
    i was tricked but then i talk to everyone to get exp so i didnt mind when it was a trainer :)

Back