• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Who is the best starting Pokemon in Blue version??

Who is the best starting Pokemon in blue version?

• Bulbasar

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Charmander

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aust77

Grass Trainer
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Hey everyone!!I'm getting Blue version next week so I need some help with who to choose.Tell me who you think is the best starting Pokemon.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Go with Squirtle. He's easy to raise and can learn Ice type moves so he's kinda like all you'll ever need. You're getting BLUE version?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Bulbasaur is the easiest to start with since its effective against the first two gyms. It learns overall good attacks like Razor Leaf, which Critical Hits just about everytime you use it. Plus it has great Special and the rest of its stats are all 80 or above, which is very good. It's also the only starter who can put enemies to sleep (with Sleep Powder).

Charmander is pretty good, but it's not as good as Bulbasaur because its Special isn't that high and it has trouble with the first two gyms.

Squirtle is okay, it's more defensive, but it doesn't learn many good attacks.

So I'd say go with Bulbasaur

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Zerus said:
    Go with Squirtle. He's easy to raise and can learn Ice type moves so he's kinda like all you'll ever need. You're getting BLUE version?
    Um...Yeah i'm getting BLUE version!!!Do you know its one of the best Pokemon games??Some stores still sell BLUE version.(Not like Toys r us or Sears,but game stores)

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • Bulbasaur. Because it can help you through the first two gyms, and I found that it can Level up quite quickly.
    It'll be especailly helpful when you're trying to level up your party Pokemon.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • Bulbasaur for the reasons previously stated, and it (as well as its evolutions) is one of my favorite pokemon.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Aust77 said:
    Um...Yeah i'm getting BLUE version!!!Do you know its one of the best Pokemon games??Some stores still sell BLUE version.(Not like Toys r us or Sears,but game stores)

Yeah I know some stores still sell it but where I live it's all used Ive never seen a new copy of Blue version. (I got mine from my brother)

Tikal Kid

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Yah, as they said above, Bulbasaur is in fact the best starter for R/B, Although I like charmander quite a bit, I tend to stay around the first route till I get my starter to like 14-20 then go to the second town on all games XD, so that pretty much lets you own everything in your path, it takes some time at first, but it's well worth it in the long run.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Thanks for the tips!!When I get it next week i'll know who to choose.I'm probably going to go with Bulbasar.Once I get HM Fly,HM Surf,get to cinnabar island,and have the masterball,I just duplicate master balls so I can catch anything,duplicate nuggets so I can get tons of $$$$$$$$ and duplicate rare candys so I can level all my Pokemon to lvl 100 :):).But until I get all that stuff including the game itself,I still need your opinions.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Aust77 said:
    Thanks for the tips!!When I get it next week i'll know who to choose.I'm probably going to go with Bulbasar.Once I get HM Fly,HM Surf,get to cinnabar island,and have the masterball,I just duplicate master balls so I can catch anything,duplicate nuggets so I can get tons of $$$$$$$$ and duplicate rare candys so I can level all my Pokemon to lvl 100 :):).But until I get all that stuff including the game itself,I still need your opinions.

Be careful when you do that. My Pokemon Red save file was erased when I did that. Of course I did it more than 5 times. Good luck with your Blue version adventure!

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    Bulby's also usefull against Lt. Surge (resistance), but by then you should have a Diglett anyway.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2009
    Bulbasaur is good if you want any easy game.
    Charmander is good if you want a challenge (the reward is getting Charizard in the end)
    Squirtle is good if you want a Pokemon with a high Defense, Attack and Special, as well as the ability to learn Ice attacks (ie. Ice Beam, Blizzard, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    I prefer Charmander, it starts out rough in gyms, but fire types are harder to get (most are on cinnibar island) and has more physical strength(great for DIG) making Koga and Erika And LT. Surge easier, plus the physical strength is good against sabrina....Plus Charizard PWNZ.

californiajk2

Pokemon Champ
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2008
    1withanime said:
    I prefer Charmander, it starts out rough in gyms, but fire types are harder to get (most are on cinnibar island) and has more physical strength(great for DIG) making Koga and Erika And LT. Surge easier, plus the physical strength is good against sabrina....Plus Charizard PWNZ.

with u buddy plus he looks sick

oh and btw if ur getting blue version it takes longer, but dont use the rare candy cheat it makes ur pokemon alot weaker compared to if u level them up the normal way

just a tip ^.^

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Well, Bulbasaur is really good for the two starting Gyms...And it can beat Lt.Surge with any effort...

The two starting Gyms are too hard for Charmander...

But I chose Squirtle...For Lt.Surge I caught a Dugtrio.

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
    Years
  • i say you choose charmander because of all the other things they said and because it turns into a stronger pokemon than the other two.(if you go for offense)

52!

Silver Isle.. JOIN IT
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2006
    Squirtle is my favorite

But when i played as bulbasaur it was much easier + <3 ivysaur..

Charmander is cool but doesnt help at firt few gyms.. but <3 charmelion..

but in the end id say Bulbasaur

Back