• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite gym leader?

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
    I would have to say Fantina. She in unlike any other leader in that she is unique, exotic, and seemingly has a taste for the spiritual.

Years
    My favourite, even though I've never encountered him in game, is Volkner. His sprite looks so cool and his choice of Pokemon turns out to be my favourite type.

Cebalrai

Your Burmy Buddy!
    Years
    Oh la la! S'il fallait que je choissise une préférée, je choisirais...Fantina!

Translation: If I had to choose my favorite, I'd choose...Fantina!

I love her randomly thrown in french words.

Years
    I like Maylene because fighter girls are cute; especially if they have pink hair. :D

She's modest too, which is good, because cocky fighters are stoop. :<

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Volkner.
    He would actually be one of the hardest gym leaders if he wasn't last, and even then, he has pretty good pokemon on his team like Jolteon and Electivire.
    And that super cool attire he is in cannot be ignored either >w>

Ayselipera

In the fourth generation none of the gym leaders really stood out to me, but if I have to choose one I'd say Candice. She was somewhat interesting.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Blue is the Gym Leader I have the most respect for. Trainers who take defeat with good sportsmanship are a cliche. In three years, Blue still has his cocky attitude that put some spice into the series. Even Silver went soft halfway through Gold's journey.

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    I forget if I already replied to this or not, but here ya go...

Kanto: Misty and Sabrina. Misty's a real cutie, and Sabrina, if I recall correctly, is a psychic prodigy and uses one of my top 5 favorite types.

Johto: Morty (Only by playing PKMN Stadium 2 recently did I realize his name pun, lol). He's quite dire from what I perceive, and he also uses one of my top 5 favorite types.

Sinnoh: Maylene. She seems rather easy-going, and has serious potential. Plus, earliest Lucario in-game outside of cheating/trading FTW.

Last edited:

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would say that my four favorite Pokemon gym leaders are...

Kanto: Blaine
    Johto: Jasmine
    Hoenn: Norman
    Sinnoh: Maylene

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Welcome to the Generation Game!

Kanto Blaine. Dude runs around on a creepy old island, nuff said.
    Johto Bugsy. Too cute. :3
    Hoenn They're allll so forgettable ;_; Eh, probably Wallace. I imagine he flounces a lot.
    Sinnoh BYRONNNN. <33 He sure does love them holes.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Mine favorite is Clair. Since dragon type is my favorite and I just loved battling her in G/S/C.

Back