• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WHO MISSES MISTY!? D:

Jalsy

RESET
Years
  • I miss those old characters in the anime, same as how I miss Misty. She just brought a different kind of twist in the show back then. If it wasn't for her, there wouldn't be an original trio.. Well, I consider her as one of my favorites too..so yeah..I miss her.. it's impossible to wish her back in the show though

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I miss those old characters in the anime, same as how I miss Misty. She just brought a different kind of twist in the show back then. If it wasn't for her, there wouldn't be an original trio.. Well, I consider her as one of my favorites too..so yeah..I miss her.. it's impossible to wish her back in the show though

My viewpoint is not that we "wish" her back, more to work towards making that wish a reality, so I don't intend to simply wish her to come back, more work towards it. It may be difficult, but play the right cards and it will happen.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Highly unlikely yes, impossible I wouldn't go as far as too say a reappearance of any major character is impossible. Brock left for Orange Islands at the beginning of the arc and didn't reappear till it was over. Even though short he still reappeared. That's not to say Misty couldn't reappear or be apart of the group after not appearing in DP at all.

Jalsy

RESET
    Years
  • edits:Misty making a cameo has little possibilities or hard to prove/predict that she'll return in the show again.

I think we've all missed Misty since the day she left...

Yeah.. I was a little disappointed back then when I realize she [and brock] needs to go [in GCYL].

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • I do! She was a great character, and I want her to come back! Not that Iris is bad, though.

Years
  • haha..I just wonder, who don't miss Misty?
    Misty's always been my favourite character of all time.
    She is beautiful. (I like her dress & hair style)
    She is gentle, with pokemon and people though sometimes she is kind of rude to Ash.
    She is unique.....

If I could back to middle school, i wish I could have a girlfriend like Misty. :(

Misty, she is that colourful character......

Last edited:

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
  • I always had to laugh when I saw Misty, she was really funny, my number one female counterparts of the show! After that comes May, then Dawn, and Iris doesn't have a place in my favorites <_<

Orophin

Gamer
    Years
  • Its not even that she had to leave as a MC, its that they've barely had any cameo episodes with her since she left. I mean, its been what, 6+ seasons without her and she's cameo-ed in maybe 5 episodes?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Honest speaking i do not i actually am irratated with misty...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, my loyalty is to Misty anyhow, even if I felt irritation towards her (I don't, BTW), she was at least a better role model to girls. I will get her back on the show, if not regarding a role model, then at the very least so she can actually achieve her goal rather than rot in a Gym.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well, my loyalty is to Misty anyhow, even if I felt irritation towards her (I don't, BTW), she was at least a better role model to girls. I will get her back on the show, if not regarding a role model, then at the very least so she can actually achieve her goal rather than rot in a Gym.
    Please explain to me how Misty, who offered commentary on battles and played mother to a Togepi, makes a better role model to females than say... May, who spent her time trying to overcome her flaws, working toward her goals, and learning who she wanted to be/what she wanted to do with her life. Are you saying females should be passive care-givers rather than active and independent with their own lives, goals, and ideals? Kinda contradicts the idea of feminine progress over the years, I think.

Misty was not a strong female character. Sure, she was a physically strong female- if walking a few miles with the twisted remains of a bike on her shoulders and pulling a good-sized ten-year-old out of the water with a fishing rod is any indication- but she was not a strong character. Her flaws were never really explored nor overcome, and despite what people seem to think, she hardly did anything noteworthy. Practically every contribution to the group's effort could have easily been taken over by Brock or Ash or the CotD. She was generally quite a pointless person to have around. Now if she had been a proper romantic interest or had a properly focused on goal, this may have been different. But as it stands, this is how I see it.

Basically, no. I don't miss Misty. I was raised on the original trio. I used to be a total Misty fan and advocate. I used to despise May for taking her place. But you know what? I grew up and took of the nostalgia goggles. And I realized that while Misty was fine for a starting companion, she was wisely dropped in favor of more interesting characters.

Last edited:

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Please explain to me how Misty, who offered commentary on battles and played mother to a Togepi, makes a better role model to females than say... May, who spent her time trying to overcome her flaws, working toward her goals, and learning who she wanted to be/what she wanted to do with her life. Are you saying females should be passive care-givers rather than active and independent with their own lives, goals, and ideals? Kinda contradicts the idea of feminine progress over the years, I think.

Misty was not a strong female character. Sure, she was a physically strong female- if walking a few miles with the twisted remains of a bike on her shoulders and pulling a good-sized ten-year-old out of the water with a fishing rod is any indication- but she was not a strong character. Her flaws were never really explored nor overcome, and despite what people seem to think, she hardly did anything noteworthy. Practically every contribution to the group's effort could have easily been taken over by Brock or Ash or the CotD. She was generally quite a pointless person to have around. Now if she had been a proper romantic interest or had a properly focused on goal, this may have been different. But as it stands, this is how I see it.

Basically, no. I don't miss Misty. I was raised on the original trio. I used to be a total Misty fan and advocate. I used to despise May for taking her place. But you know what? I grew up and took of the nostalgia goggles. And I realized that while Misty was fine for a starting companion, she was wisely dropped in favor of more interesting characters.
    Misty was a very strong interesting character unlike May and Dawn who were drop due to people liking Misty a lot more then May and Dawn.

Misty wasn't drop in the favor of May or even Dawn since these two were pretty much pointless characters who added nothing to the show,May and Dawn only purpose on the show was to promote contests and that was about it.

Misty was never pointless in anyway,she was a character that was worth a lot of things and she sex this show up with spice,she was part of the original trio and she will always be the number 1 original girl.

A whole lot of people found Misty character to be the best on the show,a lot of people loved Misty death a lot more then May or even Dawn,that is pretty much saying something really great about Misty's character.

Last edited:

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Misty was my favourite female character, 2nd favourite character overall. May and Dawn were to girly, and Iris is okay, but Misty was just amazing.

Back