• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who Still Plays the Classic Versions?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I still play GSC every once in a while, I tried to start a new game on my red not long ago and gave up as soon as i had to navigate the box system.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I played Crystal a bit two months ago after not playing it for about five years but that's about it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Oh, I love to pick my Gold version up and play it all the time. Granted, I can no longer save on the darn cartridge, but I can still get a good thrill out of it.

The second generation is quite possibly my favorite out of all. It just gives me such a feeling of nostalgia when I hear that music and look at those old graphics. It actually almost brings a tear to my eye. So, of course, I still play my old games.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I'm playing my Crystal every sunday. Fortunately it can still save. Next week I'm gonna battle Morty.=]

Years
    I pulled out a copy of Yellow the other day, playing it on the GBPlayer on the GC. Played for an hour or so and lost motivation. Meh.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    For me I think of going to play the games but then I can't be bothered to pull out the Game Boy and play, I don't know why It's like they don't appeal to me anymore.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    ^ aww I ruined the tier parade ^
    Yer I love playng them, last nite I caught my Entei!
    Only Raikou to go!

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    A while back I replayed Red Version, than I was replaying Crystal Version till the file got so corrupted I could know longer play it (*cries*) and at the moment I just bought myself Leaf Green and am playing the newer version of "Blue Version," and am working on completeing the Kanto Pokedex.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    Once I've finished Diamond, I plan to go and finish Red and Leaf Green. *Same game basicly* I've always wanted to do that. I'm looking for a copy of Blue right now..

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    Pokemon Crystal all the way. I love that game. I always play it beat it and restart again, it's the best game ever, i even like it more then the newest ones. I also play with my fire red frequently, its not that old but with the 5 releases since it, it's not really new. The only game i dont touch is my Emerald and i'have yet to get my own pearl/diamond.

Years
    i play the games on vba, i know where my blue, yellow, and gold are but i never play em, its just easier on vba
    i play yellow and crystal on vba because they seem like better games to me

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    i do i love the sketchy old timing graphics and movment.

Back