• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who Still Plays the Classic Versions?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I can't find my Game Boy Color at the moment, but I'll definitely be playing them again, as the second generation is by far my favorite generation from what've remembered from when I was a kid.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    i have played in the last week (and beaten) Green,Red,Blue,Yellow,Gold and Silver.

im on crystal now so ive got ruby, saphire, emerald, diamond, pearl and platinum to go '-_- but its worth the revival of memory. im doing some research on the games.

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
    Years
    Thats what Im doing now. Im playing them thru and keeping the file so that I can go back and either train or find a link cable and battle. Im currently working on Blue and need to find said cable to evolve my Kadabra.

HeavensNightSH

Got Diamond Nov. 20
    Years
    You better believe I still play the old games. I'm currently playing Yellow since I haven't beat it yet, my Pokemon are around level 30 if that shows where I'm at, headed to Fushia City. I love being able to have all three starter Pokemon! I don't feel the graphics take anything away from the game, I mean it is Pokemon. And when you grew up with the original gameboy/ gameboy color, things looking bad doesn't exist lol

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I love my classic versions to death.

Crystal is my all-time favorite.

I love the G/S/C versions best, because I think that they put a lot of stuff in there that I wish was still used in the newer games.
    Like the day/night system (which I know has been reintroduced in the D/P games), and the day-of-the-week system.. and the radio was pretty nifty. :P

And I love that you can go back to Kanto, even if they did pretty much destroy it's glory.

R/B/Y, however, will always be classic and unforgettable. *hugs gameboy color and pokemon games*

Back