• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time or will it be an event pokemon like Shaymin.

Now in the japaese G/S Celebi was catchable by connecting your cell phone to your Game Boy. That couldn't work here in america because there were to many cell phone companies in america for nintendo to provide the cell phone to GB cable like they did in japan.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I think it will be the "new legendary" people are talking about. Hopefully available via wifi event.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I wish there was a poll, I'd love to see people's votes.

I think Celebi will be an event, Nintendo loves to drag people out to places for event Pokémon/Items.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    They'll most likely make obtaining Celebi through an event.

I wonder if that phone hook up to DS could work in Japan for this remake...

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    It'll probably be another Wi-Fi event with some strings attached. I sure hope so.

Either that or..

They'll make it part of the storyline. It WOULD add more depth
    to the seemingly-shallow story line (compared to something like Platinum!)
    Also, w/o celebi, you only have Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, and Ho-Oh to catch,
    which totals to 5, compared to the Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Regigigas, Dialga,
    Palkia, and Rotom you can catch, which totals to 7. I think Celebi SHOULD be
    added to the story, seeing as it would make sense for the titles of Gold and Silver
    (GS Ball!). Lugia and Ho-Oh aren't even entailed in the games, really. The
    story barely has any connection to the (until you meet Tin Tower and
    Whirl Islands, but still very shallow explanations), so I think they might
    throw in Celebi. I mean, even Heatran had more backstory than Lugia
    and Ho-Oh..

If Celebi was eWi-Fi (event Wi-Fi), then I'd be pleased as long as the
    GS Ball item you receive will unlock a new chunk of backstory. If it's
    a go-to crappy event.. -slit-

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I'm sure they will hand out the GS ball via wifi :)

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm not quite a fan of how Pokémon games lately have integrated legendary Pokémon into the storyline, literally forcing you to catch them because their importance is stressed. They should do better as the secret Pokémon they're supposed to be.

If they integrate legendary Pokémon into the storyline, this remake would lose a lot of its authenticity.

Either way it goes, I just hope it's eWi-Fi or in-game.
    If it's eWi-Fi, then I just hope it'll give out some more
    references to Celebi..

Celebi is such an unknown pokemon. It would be cool
    if they boosted Celebi in a way that it could shoot back
    to Uber tier :P

Nevertheless, Pokemon is slowly advancing. These
    normal country-based events are slowly fading and
    Wi-Fi is taking over our DS's. All hail.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I could easily see Nintendo having some kind of event that allows people to download Celebi into their game or perhaps an item in order to catch Celebi within the game. Either one sounds really cool to me.

Years
    I didn't think about the GSball Nintendo could send the GSball out over wifi with Celebi in it that could work. I kinda agree with Hiroshi about making Celebi a stroy element pokemon Nintendo will probbly make Ho-oh and Lugia the stoy pokemon that you have to catch

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    GS Ball for Celebi over Wifi would make the most sense.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'd love it if all Nintendo Events were done over Wi-Fi from now on. Everybody should have access to the legendaries, Celebi being no exception.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    All events should now be available over WiFi. It wouldn't be fair to those who can't afford to pay to fly to America to do an event.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree with most. I think it would be a Wi-Fi event, which I won't mind much at all. If they maybe incorporate a new movie with it in the Johto again and perhaps include a event with it, that won't be bad either...but my first thought is more likely.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    It going to be either a Wi-Fi event or a post-E4 sub plot, i would expect GS ball over Wi-Fi.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm willing to bet you'll be given the GS Ball through Wi-Fi and you'll have to find your own way from there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back