• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I wish there was a poll, I'd love to see people's votes.

I think Celebi will be an event, Nintendo loves to drag people out to places for event Pokémon/Items.

I agree with this. I forget, in Emerald was Mew an event, or were you able to catch it in game as is? Perhaps they might just make the G/S ball an endgame item?

Years
    I'll go with the majority and say wifi event. I wouldn't mind getting the GS Ball over wifi. I liked getting the secret key in platinum over wifi. It was very convenient. (I got it for my brother, too, while he was in school.) It allowed me to play through the game without worrying about Rotom yet. Then, when I got the secret key, I accessed the place and got the new forms of Rotom. I would like some more mentioning of Celebi in the game. (As well as Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the 3 beasts.) I hope Celebi is obtainable. It's adorable. ^_^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm not quite a fan of how Pokémon games lately have integrated legendary Pokémon into the storyline, literally forcing you to catch them because their importance is stressed. They should do better as the secret Pokémon they're supposed to be.

If they integrate legendary Pokémon into the storyline, this remake would lose a lot of its authenticity.
    ^ I whole heartedly agree with Hiroshi's statement.

They should just leave Celebi as an event via Goto Toys R' Us/Wi-Fi.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I for once, wouldn't like Celebi to be catchable for some reason, and it probably won't be catchable in the game. It'll most likely be an event.

The reason why I don't want Celebi to be catchable is because it wouldn't feel as special for some reason.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I believe Celebi will be catchable this time, provided we get the GS Ball from a Nintendo Wifi Mystery Gift. (See what I did there, sweeties? =p)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd rather obtain it as a mystery gift on wifi. It's still valuable. I wouldn't mind if it was catchable, but I would hate to go to a Toys R Us to get it. (I don't live by one. :()

Mystery gift? That would be nice to obtain Celebi, I actually wouldn't mind if that happened. It would be better off as a wifi mystery gift as well because of the people who don't have a Toys R Us place, or are far from it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    No, like I stated before Celebi would be more of an Event. Either it be through WiFi or Toys 'R Us, but it should definitely be held as an event over being implemented into the storyline of the game.

It would be cool if it were held like an Event that followed a short plot, because then it'll give the game a little touch up, but I wouldn't want it to be automatically set into the game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Another reason why they wouldn't make Celebi catchable is because of the storyline. What storyline would they put to catch Celebi?

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
    i can only imagine.... Good IV'd Celebi's running around, actual legit shiny ones at that. all to good to be true. really doubt it will be obtainable in the game unless there is a side mission that deals with him.

Years
    I really hope it ISN'T through a Wi-Fi event, or any other form of public event(*cough* TOYS R US*COUGH*). These things are really starting to annoy me, since I don't have Wi-Fi and means I can't complete the PokeDex(leaving no point in playing after I finish everything else in the game).

But I know it will. *sigh* Meh, whatever.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really hope it ISN'T through a Wi-Fi event, or any other form of public event(*cough* TOYS R US*COUGH*). These things are really starting to annoy me, since I don't have Wi-Fi and means I can't complete the PokeDex(leaving no point in playing after I finish everything else in the game).

But I know it will. *sigh* Meh, whatever.

Even if they were to hold it in Toys 'R Us for the US, I would still like for them to set the event around other countries as well, so other Pokémon fans can get the legit Celebi.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Like most people here, I think it will probably be a Wi-Fi event, or a Toys-R-Us event. Getting a Celebi would be nice

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
    They'll probably have a GS Ball be given over Wi-Fi. The event itself will probably be the same as in Crystal.
    I really hope that this is what they do. I live in Canada so I never get Nintendo Events :'( plus, it's more faithful to the original game (recieve GS Ball through semi-difficult means, Celebi get) so the geeks will be happy.

Years
    Well in light on Coro Coro article awhile back about the notch eared Pichu and the shrine in Ilex forest the will make 1 of 2 options. 1 the notch eared Pichu will activate an in game event at the shrine and when the player goes there that will activate Celibi and it will flee and be roaming legened or 2 the event at the shrine will be activated by the Pichu the at the shrine you'll get the GSball which will in turn trigger a Celibi event at a latter time.

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Oh my, I can only hope that they'll make Celebi an in-game catchable event. :'D That would be the only time I'd try try again with soft-resets to get a shiny. Anyway, odds are they will in the end make it a wi-fi event, of course not part of the story line. I sort of liked how the older games had less of a story-line to get in the way of your normal trainer ways. They should keep that characteristic. But as an event I think I'd cry if Celebi turned out to be a runner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back