• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who thinks Celebi will be catchable this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Why not? If they Japanese get it only, it's no fair. >.<

The only reason why some may want it to stay only within Japan is for it not to be as common. However, whether it is common or not, it is only right for all fans to have their opportunity to gain a Celebi of their own. Not to mention, yes, maybe a lot of people might have it, but it wouldn't be as common as some may think because not everyone will use it, but rather have it as a collection to all events they may gather. To me, I wish for it to be held through a Wi-Fi event including the GS Ball storyline. This way it won't be a simple gain, but adds a bit of an extended plot within the remakes themselves. I'm sure it'll happen though, as it is profitable to Game Freak as well as the game. Not to forget, Wi-Fi is starting to get pretty popular for held events, and to promote the extra sales of games, then it would be bound to happen.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Wasn't the Celebi event unattainable in the US because of technology issues? In this day and age, I'm sure we'll get the event... if there is one of course. And like Aero said, with sales as high as they are, it's only natural Nintendo will give the opportunity to everyone.

pokeretard

My 2 fav types in one Pokemon!
    Years
  • I don't think Celebi's going to be catchable because u need the Pikachu-colored Pichu to meet the Notched ear Pichu which lets u get to Celebi or something like that... And the only way to get the Pikachu Colored Pichu is to get it from a DS Download Station in Japan.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think Celebi's going to be catchable because u need the Pikachu-colored Pichu to meet the Notched ear Pichu which lets u get to Celebi or something like that... And the only way to get the Pikachu Colored Pichu is to get it from a DS Download Station in Japan.

You have gotten yourself quite mixed up here. To obtain the Pikachu Colored Pichu, you must attend the 12th movie in Japan, bring your DS, and at a certain time before the movie starts they will tell you to start the game and get ready to access the event for you to obtain the Pikachu Colored Pichu in your DPPt version. From here, when the remakes are out, you will trade it over to HGSS, have it in your party, [the first I would assume] and then from there I would believe you will need to arrive to Ilex Forest and it goes from there.

Also, it was never confirmed that the Notched Ear Pichu event within the game accesses any Celebi event of the sort. If it were to, then information about this would have been released prior to the latest videos and scans with the Pichu plot. Anyway, I highly believe Celebi will be obtained through the Wi-Fi like I've said before, but I don't think it'll be simply given freely without any such event as Game Freak and Nintendo will lose out in profit and benefit for the game to continue with successful sales.

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
    Years
  • i really hope (thought doubt) i wont have to go somewhere to get celebi/GS ball, because there have never been any events close enough for me to go to :pink_cry:
    i just go ZOMG cheats! for event pokemon xD still need event D/P pokemon :/

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • Considering that Nintendo didn't release Celebi the first time through Gold and Silver, he's definitely bound to show up in HG & SS.

SpRiTeRnInJa

Keeper of Gangachu
    Years
  • i think celebi will be available in this game but you will have to do something special to get it but not an event more like a wifi thingamajig

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • i'm not reading through 11 pages total of postes, but...has everyone forgotten about the PokéWalker? perhaps it'll be released in the US, and then you'll obtain the GS Ball that way, because if i'm not mistaken, that's what the PokéWalker is for is for giving your Pokémon EXP and mystery gifts? perhaps, after walking X number of steps, you get the GS Ball. it may be an event item, but don't exclude the PokéWalker quite yet. and as for the PokéWalker, i hope it's released in the US, too. that has to be the best thing for the Pokémon world yet. :D

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Maybe there'll be another remake featuring Celebi. Highly unlikely, but it would be awesome. :D

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • i'm not reading through 11 pages total of postes, but...has everyone forgotten about the PokéWalker? perhaps it'll be released in the US, and then you'll obtain the GS Ball that way, because if i'm not mistaken, that's what the PokéWalker is for is for giving your Pokémon EXP and mystery gifts? perhaps, after walking X number of steps, you get the GS Ball. it may be an event item, but don't exclude the PokéWalker quite yet. and as for the PokéWalker, i hope it's released in the US, too. that has to be the best thing for the Pokémon world yet. :D

From what we've seen so far, Mystery Gift has no relation to the PokeWalker. There is always a possibility though that there will be Pokemon that are only in the PokeWalker (especially towards the higher courses).

Years
  • I think it will be possible by event getting GS ball.But the point is,HG and SS will have new areas in Johto and Kyogre,Groudon,Rayquaza,Dialga,Palkia and Giratina can caught.That would be more then enough for a Celebi...

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • Alot of people r saying wifi cause thats what it has been like for most events these days. But its possible it could b something else. Mayb the movie 4 next year or something. Although I'm throwing this idea out i do think it would be wifi and macca's, jirachi style. XD

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    i can see them releasing a gs ball and making an event at the shrine. but hopefully they wont just hand them out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2012
    I am pretty sure it will NOT be in the games, since the Ilex Forest Shrine will be used for PC Pichu and Notched-Ear Pichu

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alot of people r saying wifi cause thats what it has been like for most events these days. But its possible it could b something else. Mayb the movie 4 next year or something. Although I'm throwing this idea out i do think it would be wifi and macca's, jirachi style. XD

The thing about the movie events are that they only revolve around the exclusive Pokémon. For example, during the time of the tenth movie featuring Darkrai, the event that was held was for Darkrai. The event held for the 11th movie with Shaymin and Giratina, we had an event only for Shaymin. Then, near that date we had the release of Platinum in which we were able to obtain Giratina and its new form. So, seeing as the 12th movie is centered around Arceus and the Gizamimi Pichu, we will basically have the event for Arceus and then probably have another for the Pikachu Colored Pichu.

For Celebi, before in the original Japanese Crystal it was obtained through the GS Ball event. With this being said, like the Rotom Key and the high dependence of Wi-Fi, it is likely for people to suggest the new Celebi event could be held through Wi-Fi. The GS Ball is the most probably way of course. So, we'll just see, but I think we'll have one, but not until after the game is released.

I am pretty sure it will NOT be in the games, since the Ilex Forest Shrine will be used for PC Pichu and Notched-Ear Pichu

A lot of people either think we won't have a Celebi event because the Pichu plot is taken in front of the Shrine in Ilex Forest or we will have the Celebi because the Pichus will help us catch it. However, no one has ever thought that this can be two completely different events that just take near the same location. I mean, yes, the Gizamimi Pichu is found in front of the Shrine, but in a recent video it is also found running away with the Pikachu Colored Pichu. So, my guess it, these are two completely different events just situated near the same location.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I think the GS Ball should be given to the player after he finds all Johto and (maybe) all Kanto Pokemon. If they don't do that, I'd like them to give the GS Ball away as a Mystery Gift event. Then, when you'd go to the Shrine, he would become a roaming Pokemon like Cresselia. But knowing Nintendo, they probably won't give a legit way to get Celebi in the states, and will only give him out in Japan, Korea, or China. Luckily, I just found out how to activate foreign Wondercards using Pokesave, so either way I'll be fine :P

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I doubt they'd make it roaming. They've never had an event Pokemon be roaming before. If it's available in HgSs, it'll probably be stationary and gotten with the GS Ball just like in Crystal. And the States usually has it better off than a lot of the rest of the world. We've gotten every single event Pokemon besides Arceus (who isn't available anywhere yet) legitimately in at least one event, so it's likely that if Celebi is available in HgSs, it'll be released in the States and Japan at least.

Sainthell

Look at my awesome ki power.
    Years
  • Everyone is guessing for Wi-fi events, so i agree, but i'm guessing a little more:

-maybe it'll be a event only if you do something(like getting a special item, making a puzzle, etc)

-Maybe we can only do it when we beat elite four and lance (Example: a old sir that lived in johto once found a mysterious Golden ballwhen he was young in ilex forest . much time later, he moved to celadon city. when you do the event, you get something that makes him give you the GS ball, Then you know the twist.)

-What about the lv? lv30? 50? 100? 5?

thats all i could think, if i said something stupid, don't hesitate in telling me :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back