• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the best rival?

jasonh1259

D/C happening when I battle...
    Years
    Best Rivals by Generations

Best rivals by generations (my opinion):

1.) G/S/C Rival because of his rudness and like what other people already said, he does make the storyline better. :D It sucks that he have pokemon up to level 50. :( or else he could be a good challenge compare to the R/B/Y/FR/LG rival. I also like the theme song when you battle him. :D

2.) R/B/Y Rival was my second favorite because of his selection, second time around in FR/LG with Tyrannitar and Heracross. :D He does make a good rival with some hard to beat pokemon. At least he became a gym leader in the G/S/C series. Which is also somewhat hard to beat. :\

3.) D/P/Pt Rival(s) is okay. The only reason i like about him (Lucas) is the Pokemon. The only thing i don't like about him is the stuck up and in my opinion is nice. :\ If only Nintendo allowed us to battle Dawn. What do you guys think? :D I don't really consider her a rival because you only battle with her twice in the entire game in a double battle.

4.) R/S/E Rival is basically a "friendly" version. They are TOO nice in fact. It sucks that you don't battle them too much. :\ They have crappy pokemon in my opinon. Not much of a challenge to beat compare to the other three.

Years
    Yes.. you're right, sometimes I get some of the stuff mixed up x_x
    Lol dont worry :) thanks for giving your thought's I really didnt think anyone was going to awnswer to this:)

Best rivals by generations (my opinion):

G/S/C Rival I also like the theme song when you battle him. :D

Yeh That is my fav theme song in pokemon ever :) d/p/p rival music was awesome as well I can't enough of them:)

Last edited:

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    Yeah someone's probably done this already but I have always wondered who the best rival in the pokemon series was so just give your thought's.

G/S/C rival (in my opinion) was the most badass so he was alway's my favourite.
    r/b/y rival is joint second with d/p/p rival because although r/b/y ended up being the champion d/p/p reminds of me for some reason
    and I didnt like r/s/e rival because well they were way too freindly to be considered a rival.
    (Sorry if you disagree)

I also think the G/S/C was the best- he was the most bad ass; he actually stole a pokemon!

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    The GSC rival was my favorite because he was so mean. :) I dont like nice rivals, which is why i was sad when he became nice at the end...

I also like Wally because hes a way better trainer than Brendan/May and he has a Ralts/Gardevoir. :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Gary was, at least he became something and had some challenge. Although it has been fun wiping out the others, they just weren't in the same league most of the time.

Chatot

Chatot used Chatter!
    Years
    I really liked the GSC rival. He had the attitude that just made you want to beat him.

Back