• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichu Guardian

I blame the schools
Years
  • I'd probally say Morty. Just because if you didn't choose Toto at the start it may have been a problem without a good dark/psy/ghost move. Also Chuck also comes close IMO due to hypnosis/dynamic punch 50:50 combo. XD

Years
  • Whitney
    that damn milktank pwnt my quilava but i managed 2 kill it wit my pidgeotto when it had the half of its hp lol

Years
  • I've got to say Morty because of his Gengar. A powerful final evolution that early in the game really annoyed me.

Falkner - Cakewalk after got a Geodude from Union Cave.
    Bugsy - Cakewalk because of Mareep - Hoothoot barrage.
    Whitney - Fairly difficult. Attract was the most annoying of the moves, not Rollout. I used a Geodude - Bayleaf combo here.
    Morty - Slightly more difficult than Whitney. Gengar caused probelms. Graveler was primarily used.
    Chuck - Compared to Morty, was a cakewalk. I used Togetic and Flaafy here.
    Jasmine - Pretty easy. I used Vaporeon and Vulpix here.
    Pryce - Burned him. I used Vulpix here.
    Clair - Pretty easy. I used Vaporeon and Ampharos here.
    Kanto Leaders - Cakewalk of all cakewalks. Had 16 badges within 3 playing hours of landing in Kanto. Was still only level 47.

Ino-Chan

"I won't lose to you!"
    Years
  • I think it really depends on what kind of pokemon you have with you. When I started out with Chikorita, it was quite hard to beat Jasmine. When I started out with Totodile or Cyndiquil, it was really easy. But I'd have to say the ice guy (can't remember the name), but only because it was trcky getting to him for the first time. Otherwise, he was really easy to beat.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I hated blue, too... not as bad as some others, but he just kinda took me by surprise. I destroyed blaine's lvl 40-45 pokemon, then thought "easy" and went to go fight blue; only to be met by lvl 55-58 pokemon. He's easy, especially with type advantages, but the jump was what made it difficult.

Not really a gym trainer, but for some reason, I had huge trouble on lance's Aerodactyl (lol, i know, it's sad). I realized when i got to it that i had no water pokemon in my party... oops.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Whitney was probably the hardest for me.. Rollout always killed every Pokemon I had.

Years
  • I don´t know the names, but the gym leaders with the Miltank and the other one with the ghost Pokemon were most difficult.
    I sat days on the gb until I beat that Miltank xD
    And Gengar was hard, because one time I had only my Eevee and its attacks were not very effective against ghost Pokemon... I just say Tail Whip and Growl~_~

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2008
    On Gold I really got fed up with Whitney's Miltank... then again I was a Poke-n00b back then and had only started playing with Gold, so I thought that it would work just to crush the entire Pokemon league with just my Typhlosion. With that mentality, you can guess that I never did get very far in that game... XD

Chuck's Poliwrath was also a pain against my Typhlosion T_T

Also, Clair's Kingdra is probably the biggest annoyance of all, since it knows the fire-crushing Surf, and whose only weakness it can be super-effective against itself. God, that was annoying...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yeah Whitney annoyed me a lot, but I beat her eventually. The Gym leader that annoyed me the most was Sabrina in R/B. Her Alakazam just kept using recover, recover, recover. Unless I got a one-hit-ko. She would always just heal it! GRRRRRRRR!

Chompah :x

Den Supuhhmann Dat [oh!]
    Years
  • Claire was hard.
    I hated the 7th Gym with all the ice because it was just so annoying getting to him but the battle was easy.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Well if they remade Gold and Silver I am pretty sure Whitney might be easier and Claire way easier unless they fix up here team. Kingdra has lost power due to the addition of EVs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back