• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who was the most difficult gym leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
Years
  • I just thought. Is it possible to skip Jasmine's gym and go straight to Mahagony town, do the lake of rage stuff, and fight Pryce? They probably wouldn't have Lance show up until you fight Jasmine but you could level up at the Lake o' Rage

You can! The Ragebar selling guy won't move though. You have to go all the way back to Jasmine and battle her. I accidently did this in my Crystal not long ago. You finish up helping Lance and then dead end. Jasmine is a pushover though!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I never had a problem with any Gym leaders but if I had to choose it would be Claire, dragon types are just a pain to battle.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    In order by difficulty 1st to easiest 8th to me is.
    1st Whitney
    2nd Claire
    3rd Morty
    4th Bugsy
    5th Chuck
    6th Pyrce
    7th Falkner
    8th Jasmin

exedissolve

Straight-edge
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    i always struggle with whitney, that frikin miltank always owns me.
    Clair used to be a problem, well kingdra anyway. dragonair were always just irritating. But i found a way to kill that Kingdra with one fell strike.
    i like to call it Wobbufet/Destiny Bond. trust me that hyper beam does the job nicely

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    i think the very first gym leader was the hardest. i 4got her name it starts with a f. but she was hard i didnt have any types that could defeat a flying type

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • i think the very first gym leader was the hardest. i 4got her name it starts with a f. but she was hard i didnt have any types that could defeat a flying type

I thought the first gym leader was a guy

Also I think Jasmine was hard for me since I didn't had any fire types with me

Years
  • i think the very first gym leader was the hardest. i 4got her name it starts with a f. but she was hard i didnt have any types that could defeat a flying type

The first Gym Leader's name is Falkner, and yes, he's a guy. I can understand this battle being very hard if you choose Chikorita, since flying type Pokemon are strong against grass-types. It's even a bit hard when using Cyndaquil, since the move Mud-Slap is super-effective.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
  • Only two gym leaders stand out for me, Whitney (obviously) and Brock from Yellow. Pidgey can only do so much, and I will not a lie, I had to level up my Pikachu to level twenty before going into there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2008
    Gah, it MUST be Whitney...That flippin' Milktank drove me insane. She was also pretty hard at that time in the game if you were strolling through. Hardest imo.

*curse that milktank*

Years
  • I found the bug gym leader quite hard at first with his damn Fury Cutter I think it was.

Apart from that I didn't have too many problems but Whitney and Claire weren't the easiest of battles.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Hmm... None actually. My starter was useful. Plus, I didn't fully evolve my Cyndaquil. I just make it evolve into Quilava and that's it. ^^

Years
  • chuck was definitley one of the hardest and pyrce was really hard to, even with my growlithe it took 8 times to beat him, and without a psychic pokwmon, chuck was definitley a challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    The 8th and the one you said. The 8th was just sooooo good!!! She had a move to combat all of my pokemon's types at all times. It got annoying. That and the fact that all her pokemon had great defenses. The Miltank girl's Miltank was hard in my 1st file, but in my 2nd file I over-trained so much, so she was pretty easy. Now all I do is train.:rambo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back