• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

advanced trainer
Years
  • It depends on what runthrough you're talking about, lol.
    My most used starter was Piplup though(:

Xrian

Fire Types Rule!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I have Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, so i have one playthrough with each, but my favourite was Piplup by far.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • Turtwig. It's definitely my favourite of the three. My sisters both chose Chimchar, mainly because the animé Piplup was the single most annoying Pokémon ever created.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    Mine was Piplup. I have this thing where I always start a new game with a water type.

Future_Chaos

Obsessed with Eelektross
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I've restarted my Pearl game enough to have all three starters, but my first and always my favorite of the three is piplup. It's so adorable, its a penguin, and Empoleon is great. Turtwig is pretty awesome too, as well as Torterra; but I never really liked Chimchar. :/

1Roxas

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I chose chimchar in diamond then turtwig
    and piplup in platinum
    out of all of them I prefer piplup

Years
  • piplup

i chose piplup ....i have a habit of choosing water-types for starters they're quite reliable and the evoloutions are epic.......

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I chose Turtwig in Diamond because... a good friend of mine suggested me to pick it and he actually chose it himself as well.

When I finally had Torterra, I knew why he said that it was the best of the three. Grass/Ground is really convenient.

In Platinum I took Chimchar but restarted after the first badge and took Turtwig again. I'm not sure why, I just really like Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra <3

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • I really don't like the Sinnoh Starters, but I remember choosing Turtwig.
    I think of Piplup as really lame, due to the anime, and I can't stand Chimchar.
    Torterra's quite cool.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • I picked Turtwig, which was different for me since I usually pick the water starter. Plus, I thought Torterra's typing was cool and now it's one of my favorites.

Kyite

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I usually choose the water types because of their reliability especially in the beginning of the game and the rock type gym leaders. But in my play through of Platinum I went with Turtwig and I love it <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back