• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurina

PKMN Ranger Carmen Sandiego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    I picked Piplup. They're absolutely adorable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2013
    Well, the first I started with in each;
    Diamond: Turtwig
    Pearl: Chimchar
    Platinum: Turtwig (Piplup the second and most recent times through.)

HoodieDoodie

The Electric Soldier
    Years
    They were all the most disgusting, ugly starters I had ever seen so I got turtwig and released him and hacked myself in a charmander.

Years
    I picked Chimchar. Not because I like it any more than the other starters (all three are terrible), but because there are no decent fire-types to battle the Elite Four with aside from Infernape, so I sort of had to pick it.

silence27

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    hey yall i had chimchar who ended up bein a lvl 93 infernape but i dont have him anymore i wish i did :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Well I started with a Piplup, becasue usually on my first playthrough i always pick the water pokemon because later on it would learn surf, and to me that would have been a powerful move.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    Chimchar, and then I very quickly got myself a Magikarp and a Kricketot.

I miss Typhlosion/Feraligatr/Meganium.
    G/S/C are forever instilled in my heart.

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
    My first [and favorite] starter was Piplup. <3 I restarted many different times though, so I tried out Chimchar and Turtwig too. They weren't the same. ;____;

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I've used all three but to be honest Torterra was my favorite. |D Super useful in-game and just generally awesome. :>

Xino

Banned
    Years
    Turtwig was my starter and the very first time I ever used a grass type. Gen 1-3 I used fire type starter.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Chimchar. I always go with the Fire-type, at least the first time around. Grass and Water types are always easy enough to find in the wild.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Haha, well, I chose Piplup first time in Diamond...and then again in Platinum. I've used them all (although Torterra has never defeated the Pokémon League), and the last time I played through Diamond, I chose Infernape, then used Empoleon as well (traded).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back