• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who was your starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Piplup. Though I never restarted Pearl, so technically it's been my only Sinnoh starter. Ever!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I've never tried out Turtwig to be honest. :( I always went with either Piplup with Chimchar, which both did well for my team.

Hectic

Dew yew liek Tyranitars?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    I picked piplup. I figured a flaming-a$$ monkey wasn't doing it, and we already had a turtle. So i picked the penguin.

Magicsaur

Code Hero
    Years
    Turtwig. But imo, all three starters were boring and not very aesthetically pleasing, so I ditched him early on for different Pokemon. :P

Years
    On my first run of Pearl, I chose Piplup.

Restarted Pearl yesterday and chose Chimchar.

In Platinum, chose Turtwig.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Diamond: Chimchar, I don't know why.
    Platinum: Turgwip

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    For Pearl, I first had Piplup as a starter on my first playthrough, then when I started the game over, I had Chimchar for my starter. I liked Piplup better though. ^^

Pan

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    Definitely chimchar. Although the starters for Sinnoh were nothing compared to the other generations, Chimchar was really good later in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back