• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Was Your Worst Teacher?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    We've all had one.

A teacher that we hate with our guts that we never got along with the school year.

Perhaps they gave you a lot of homework. Or maybe a lot of detentions. Maybe they lived by the book. Or maybe they did everything against the book.

No matter, we have all had a "bad teacher".

So who was you're worst teacher?

For me, it was my Grade Nine teacher, Mr. Reid.

Reasons Why:

- He was a Math Teacher, and I sucked at Math.
    - We weren't allowed to bring any "junk food" in during class.
    - He gave us detentions if we threw recycables in the garbage.
    - We couldn't talk at all during a time called "Sym (Shut Your Mouth) Time". If we did, we had to come in for the whole lunch.

But if you asked any of my classmates who was our best teacher, they'd say Mr. Reid just because of all the "extra-curicular" activites we did.

The funny thing is, I had a juice box, and you know the little wrapper they put around the straw? Well I was half asleep that day and I made the mistake of throwing it into the garbage.

I tell you not, the whole class roared at me, telling me to put it in recycling.

Luckily, Mr. Reid wasn't there so I didn't bother putting my ahnd in the garbage.

:)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I had one.
    My algebra teacher, he didn't do much teaching. All he did was write a formula with a hard example and then give a quiz a day later :/

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My biology teacher was bad. I was scared of going to his lessons I used to think he was going to kidnap me! I don't know why though he just seemed like the kind of person who would kidnap people.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    we had a 24 year old coach/physics teacher. our class was his first class and we were vry close with him, in a pretty unprofessional wayp;we'd text him every so often and he'd play x-box live with some of the guys. in the second year of his teaching, he was caught having ~relations~ with a 14 yr old student and was sent to prison. 8I that and we pretty much cheated on our tests and papers right in front of him and he never stopped us, lol.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    we had a 24 year old coach/physics teacher. our class was his first class and we were vry close with him, in a pretty unprofessional wayp;we'd text him every so often and he'd play x-box live with some of the guys. in the second year of his teaching, he was caught having ~relations~ with a 14 yr old student and was sent to prison. 8I that and we pretty much cheated on our tests and papers right in front of him and he never stopped us, lol.

..wow. Just wow O_o

I can't compete with that, in fact none of my teachers were ever that bad. I had a couple that just couldn't control their classes, but that was about it.

I got on fine with most of my teachers.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I got along with most of my grade school teachers, but there were exceptions of course. :P

The biggest one in my memory is Ms. Milton, my seventh grade Texas History teacher (yes, Texas History is a mandatory subject for middle-schoolers in Texas...yes Texas is an arrogant state). I think she had a vendetta against me because I was (and still am to an extent) one of those "brilliant but lazy" students that would get high scores on every test, and occasionally correct her during lectures, but I'd go out of my way to not do her homework, and to refuse to participate in class activities, including note-taking (I had and still have a razor sharp memory for things like lectures), and she even stopped the class and and yelled at me when I threw away a wadded ball of paper without getting up from my seat five feet away from the trashcan. Apparently, it looked like a pencil from her peripheral vision. Funnily enough, if you asked anyone else from my graduating class that happened to have her, they'd tell you she was the nicest teacher they ever had, but she just hated me. My senior year English teacher, Ms. Daniels, was much the same, but to a lesser degree...hating on me because I was the smart, lazy student that didn't take notes and didn't do homework, but passed every test with ease. Come to think of it, the aforementioned two teachers were the only Black female teachers I ever had in my entire term of compulsory education....hmmm...

Inversely, three of the four math teachers I had in high school were quite unpopular by the majority perception because they apparently failed to thoroughly explain what they did in their example problems, but I found them easy to understand and effortlessly passed all four years of math (Geometry, AlgII, precal, Calculus) with impressive marks. XD

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    my worst teacher would have to be my 8th grade english teacher. we learned hardly anything. he mostly just told random stories and if we did learn something it wasnt about english...we had one assignment about engines....:/

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I have many.

First I'll explain one thing: In high school each year, for each subject there was always more than one class. There were classes at different levels and there were classes for "good kids" and "troublemakers" (but nobody said this out aloud, you just knew going by the classes they were very different from each other in terms of behaviour - it was easier for the teachers that way). Always too, there would be the odd good kid got dumped in the bad behaviour classes and the odd bad behaved kid got dumped in the good behaviour classes to make it seem as if this system was not in place to please the parents. I was, unluckily, the good kid that always ended up in a bad behaviour class and it basically ruined my high school education because the teachers never really nurtured the bad behaviour classes as much as the good behaviour ones.

2nd year high school art teacher. We learned hardly anything. It was a bad class I'll admit, full of troublemakers. The teacher wasn't very good though. First he gave us child-like assignments to do (glitter and glue) while the class next door got to do high school level art (still life drawing, design, landscape painting, light and shade with chalk and charcoal, etc). Nobody except me and maybe one other girl really cared. Class was always disruptive and the teacher only yelled and threw things - yes, threw things, usually just rulers and folders, but one time it was a pair of scissors. He was never disciplined or kicked out because nobody could prove it and nobody wanted to take the word of even an entire classroom of kids. One time he got the head of department round and said "Some of the boys and ALL the girls are (doing something disruptive I can't remember)" and I just stared and went "AHEM!" because I was one of the few actually trying to get on with their work, but I'd been lumped along with the rest of the girls. He didn't take the hint. Every time we always got held back because it was before home time and before lunch breaks. By time we got to lunches there was no food left except chocolate bars. By time I got home I was so late my parents had a fit.

My physics teacher one year wasn't very good but not quite as bad. He actually taught us what we needed to be taught, but he did it in such a way it was difficult for many of us to understand - you know, like he couldn't relate to us not understanding certain things because it was second nature to him. At the start of the year he said "don't be afraid to ask questions" so one time I did. Guess what? I got yelled at for "not listening" and "talking to the girl next to me". You know what I had been saying to her? "Do you understand this?" and she shook her head. That's the conversation we had, nothing more. But he refused to explain it to me the whole time. From then on I started to fall further and further behind because he never helped me again since that incident and the piece of information I was missing out on was crucial to understand the rest of the work.

A year earlier, for broad science (before we could pick a science subject) I had another teacher ho was much like the art one where it was a very badly behaved class and he just couldn't control it and I got punished along with the rest of them just for happening to be in the same classroom. Again, more missed lunches, more late journeys home, and this was on top of art. Yeah, no wonder I'm so short and frail and was always in a dizzy daze, I was missing out on my lunches and dinners due to these two idiots.

Then there was a maths teacher in college (over here college is just high school for adults and university is something separate). It took a lot to muster up the courage to go back into education due to the bad experiences and bullying from both teachers and students in high school (I won't go into that though, those are separate incidences from the bad teacher ones I've posted so far) but I wanted to get my entry qualifications to go to university.

I needed maths. So I started out in a very noisy class and I couldn't concentrate on the work. I made a formal complaint, but my only response was that "most" of the students worked better if they were allowed to chat so I was told I'd either have to put up with it or move to another class that were slightly further ahead with the work. So I moved to the other class. I wish I hadn't. The teacher was one of those maths teachers that sped through the examples using their advanced terminology of maths and I found that really confusing. Everyone else in the class seemed to understand which I found even more confusing! I frequently asked for help. I managed (struggled) up to a point when we got to something really confusing.

After 4 explanations of the same thing (he didn't even try to vary the explanations and wasn't really answering my specific questions such as "why does (this) result in (this)?"), after I told him I still didn't understand he just went "well I can't help you any more" and started getting up and I was like "hey but what am I supposed to do?" and he just said it wasn't his problem! He said if his explanations didn't help then I'd just have to figure it out on my own!

Then he just handed me a bunch of home study materials. By the way, they didn't really help me, though they were all I had so I used them. He never really helped me in class again after that even when I asked for help. What a stuck-up prat.

Ending on a happier note:

I had to re-sit that maths class because I failed. The maths teacher I got that year was absolutely wonderful. She was so kind and patient! It was a small class I have to admit and that probably helped but every time I had trouble and didn't understand something, it didn't matter how many times she had to explain something to me she didn't give up and she always tried to take a different approach each time until she found one that worked and that I could understand (she always did find a way eventually). Not only that but the way she explained things she didn't just babble on in maths talk as if I was going to understand. She put herself in my shoes and started with the basics before trying to explain to me the harder stuff. I really don't think I would have passed maths if it weren't for her.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    My worst teacher this year was my Physics teacher.
    He used to be professional Model (Yup for Clothes) When he (Yup he) stood or lent on a desk he's always try to look like he was modeling clothes. He has a lisp to which is horrible when he is explaining things. His shirt also lifts up at the very wrong times so that you can see his underwear... now the whole school knows he wears either Blue or Pink Designer Underwear (calvin klein to be exact).
    Worst of all he actually can't teach. He missed out a whole topic which caused me and over half the class to fail our practice test.
    You can even find him on google XD His picture and all is there

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I had an Algebra teacher during my freshman year in high school. Oh my freaking god. He was such a RACIST! He always gave out so many detention slips for doing every little thing. I couldn't understand what he's talking about in his teachings, either. (I remember getting the most detentions because I was verrrry bad back then). During my sophomore year, he got fired. I was like "YAYYY!" Best moment ever.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
    Years
    My art teacher.

When she's explaining something, if you even say "a" she sends you a report D:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    gosh uhh how to i compete? lol
    i gotta say my 9th grade world history teacher. she was eh crzy. notl ike mental. but eh no water, n other stuff i cant rember much. then my 10th grade had like most of the kids on our school. fights infront of the teacher. pranking the teacher :P the teacher alloud us to get him bak :D. but eh i dont think i had any

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    My english literature teacher when I was..15?
    The year before I was the best in the year at this subject (200~ pupils in a grammar school), but then we got this teacher and she..

ugh.

Lets just say I ended up with a lot of detentions when before I had little.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    My teacher in Primary Five.

I remember she would throw you out of her class for the most stupidest reasons there was. For example - if you kept yawning all the time (even if you couldn't help it), she'd still throw you out of her class.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    My Careers teacher. Yes my school has a subject which teachs me what I like and want to get paid for.

It's the most useless subject ever, I honestly never learnt anything from it except that I hate the teacher with a passion.

He was morbidly obsese (I'm talking about 200kilos or so), was arrogant and didn't do anything every class except tell us about one of his (thousand) friends, what do they for a living and how they got there.

Most useless thing ever.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    My 8th grade Math teacher! Grrr! I loved Math before I got to her class now I can't stand it thanks to her!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My current Irish teacher and me have an intriguing relationship. I've had him for three years and I'm going to have him for another three and I've mentioned him before in previous posts. He's mental. Absolutely out of it. First day I walk into his class, he catches me nudging someone and gives me a five hundred word punishment essay. It wouldn't have been that bad if it didn't have to be written in Irish and had to be about a ridiculous topic like 'the relationship of one corn flake with another'. Cue a battle of good and evil for three years, during which I reckon I get over two hundred separate punishments as bad as the above for reasons as ridiculous as above, and I get my digs in by somehow managing to pass every exam with borderline scores and never backing down.

My friend Fergal has it worse, but when talking to our parents during the parent/teacher meetings, he's told them we're both his favourite students. Is he trying to cover up how much he likes us by abusing us or is he trying to avoid a lawsuit for misconduct of power? I guess I'll never know.

Novalis

Hisorian
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    4th grade teacher, Mrs. Deming. To the this very day, some 10 years later I still believe she was sexist and hates boys. The type of lady who shouldn't be a teacher. She hated the world and shouldn't have been allowed out of her house. But, she was, and she unleashed her undying hatred for young males all over me and my still best friend. :/

Also, as an inspiring teacher myself, I must say, some of these posts are downright hilarious. Hope I never end up on a list like this :P

Back