• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Chikorita. I prefer Ho-Oh or Houndoom as a fire type and there's eight water types I would also want.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    When the english version comes out here, I'm going to start with Cyndaquil. He was my first ever pokémon, and my favourite of the Johto starters.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I've set on choosing Cyndaquil for the longest while now. I also still choose to keeping it at its secondary evolutionary stage, Quilava, just for the challenge of the game.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I'm choosing Cyndaquil. He was my very first starter (my first game was Pokemon Silver) and I'm quite fond of 3 of the 4 Fire starters. I know Cyndaquil breaks the early game, and it makes life easier, but I still like Cyndaquil. Besides, I prefer Elite Four challenge where I am extremely underleveled.

On my second run-through, I'll probably choose Chikorita. I'd pick Chikorita more often if I liked Meganium's design better. I love Bayleef's design, but Meganium's...

And I'm not into Totodile, so... Cyndaquil or Chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2010
    Most likely Cyndaquil since I don't like Totodile, Chikorita is alright but i pefer Cyndaquil!

Farlace

More of a Swampert guy...
    Years
  • Cyndaquil or Totodile. I am leaning towards Totodile becuase I dont like using the same starter sometimes :b lol

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • I've pretty much never done a run through of the games with Cyndaquil, so I may choose the fire type.. Otherwise, it's between Chikorita and Totodile, I really can't choose until I have to. :D

Explosion

Free-Lance Spriter
    Years
  • The Blue, Hyperactive, Crocodile!

Double post i know but i have only posted one time with those eggs and they just got many clicks i thank the clickers

Last edited:

squirtle90

Guardian Of The Normal Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    chikorita hands down it'll be tough but i dont care i have this wierd thing for chikorita's riolu's phanpys's and both nidorans plus aggron lol and another reason is i like challenge's ive always loved grass starters especialy chikorita for one reason and one reason alone..... razor leaf

ps i almost forgot i love squirtles too

Green20

Nomad
    Years
  • I'm gonna try to get them all cuz I have all three on the gba and I can just migrate to platinum...but I will have to go with Totodile because I never started with him I just traded my friends to get him...but I have 6 of the 3 starters each IF you P.M me I will trade you guys for one within the next month or so

Last edited:
    Back