• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Years
  • Totodile. It has very good stats, and it's an Alligator. It'll be very helpful against Blaine, but I'll only use it for the main Storyline. Once I'm done, I'll use my Dragon Dancin' Kingdra.

Years
  • I will more than likely be choosing Cyndaquil. Totodile used to be my favourite, but fire wins. <3
    Totodile would be my second choice (I think I chose him when I first got the Gold/Silver games...).

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Cyndaquil is the coolest. IMO easy to find water pokemon anyway then good fire ones.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    What pokemon will you start with?

I had silver and gold years ago and used all 3 pokemon atleast once. I liked them all, but I've always loved totodile, in the games and in the show. I have no idea why, I just love the little thing!

So, who will/did you pick?

TOTODILE TOTDILE TOTODILE XDXDXDXD

WHOS WIV ME

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I'll be taking Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is one of my three most favorite Pokemon.

Thankfully, my fiance and one of my best friends are both getting the game as well, so through breeding, I'll get all three starters in my boxes. Which is super exciting, because it was ALWAYS a tough choice for me between Cyndaquil and Chikorita.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    I chose Cyndaquil in Silver but I'm going with Totodile in this. Typhlosion doesn't seem all that great (if someone wants to tell me why he is, please do). I'd also like to use Blaziken as my Fire starter since he's the only starter I like that I've not used.

Years
  • You guys do know that Kanto is a part of the storyline, right? And that you can get either Charmander during it, right? That's why I'm getting Totodile: Get a Female Charmander and get a Dragon Dancin' Feraligatr. The credits for the game begin after you beat Red. Besides, a good fire is Magby, so what are you talking about?

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • OH GOD. I wanted to get Totodile but I'm going to use Red Gyrados in my game team. So I'm going to go with Chikorita.

Years
  • Cyndaquil, because thats what my dad and I pick in Gold, Silver & Crystal. Speaking of Crystal, does anyone think they will make a remake of Crystal as well?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Totdile all the way...
    after buying crystal and seeing that little Crazy thing in the anime, i have gotten one in everygame since crystal....
    also since feraligatr looks evil >:D

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Cyndaquil, cause I originally chose it in Silver, and cause I love fire types.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    Totodile for sure! I always go straight for the water Pokemon first off. I just find the other two types to be much weaker...

Dances with noone.
    Years
  • Heehee

Mine shall be Chikorita! Because I have always Picked Grass types

Back