• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who will be your starter pokemon?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Totodile,Everyone needs a jolly companion! ^^ I'm comin' Crox!

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
  • Hmmmm good question....lemme think......... after many thought I will pick totodile!its cute whatelse can i say.........♥

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • It would have to be Totodile for me. I always started the G/S/C games with the gator, why change tradition. :P

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2013
    Chikorita needs love!!! But I'm going to start with cyndaquil anyways. Though, chikorita is probably one of my favorite starters, however, I played hg on a rom as it as my starter. So I wanted to start a little different this time. For totodile, it's last evo has stats similar to gyrados (except for defense and special defense where they're switched a little bit.)

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I love fire starters, and Typhlosion is the best~
    so well of coarse I'm picking Cyndaquil

Years
  • im gonna start with cyndaquil mainly because for a new pkmn game i always start with the fire starter,plus i dont like chikorita just because it kinda scares me.Then im going to get charmander from oak,and treeko from steven,and probably trading over a turtwig from diamond

Years
  • hmmm i played them all int the first GSC but imma pick cyndaquil for sure but he proly won't become part of my team.
    hey anyone know what level he learns ember at in the new hg/ss?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Totodile~ <3 Ahhh, the incoming nostaliga with picking that little guy~

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    ^ That Togepi is freaky!

I'm going with what most people pick, Cyndaquil. I like Totodile, but I hate his evolvements and you only get to see the little guy for like 16 levels. =/ Chikorita is okay, but not my type. XD Let's hear it for fire types!

May.

♥~M e m o r i e s.
    Years
  • I always start off with a fire type pokemon, which in this case I'll go with Cyndaquil & since its my favorite pokemon. But eventually I will end up trying every single starter pokemon xD

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I'll have all three starters since I have all three boxes filled with starters from Johto already.
    But I will most likely choose Cyndaquil from Elm's Lab.
    I might soft restart just cause a shiny starter would be nice. :D

Years
  • Definitely Cyndaquil, I've always loved the fire starters. Partially because there aren't enough fire pokemon in the game, but mostly cause they can kick butt.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    I'm gonna choose Chikorita. Not actually sure why, though. I guess I just like it better than the others for moment.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • As a matter of tradition and favouritism, it has to be Chikorita, and I will reset until I get a female, and her name will be Lastly :D

</specific>

Back