• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who would have Won..?

Who Would've Won..?

• Total voters

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I just think that kyogre would have won as he has huge sp attk to defeat groudon AND huge sp def to counter Groudon's so called secret weapon Solarbeam. Groudon also stands a chance if he might have used fissure and it would have hit kyogre.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hard choice, but in the end I'll have to say Kyogre.

Why?

Becaue not only does Kyogre have have the STAB ___, but also Kyogre could just 'swim' away if we are in the anime. In the anime, Kyogre could also just create a whirlpool and drag Groudon underwater.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Yeah, the whole point is that if Gorudon and Kyogre are allowed to continue fighting, then they would have destroyed the world, but Rayquaza comes in and stops *cough* from beating *cough*'s butt....... Hah, no difinitive answer!!!!!!!!

Alec_

Years
    I think it's the same. Kyogre got water attacks. Groudon got a Grass Type Attack ( Solar Beam ) and it's so powerful. And i think no need to cast it slowly. Groudon got a Drought.
    So it would be cast times and times :3. But. Kyogre can do Water Attacks and it's Groudon Disadvantage so it must be pretty tie :3. It depends on the Luck of the Pokemon. XD

~Fairytales.

Years
    When you think about it in a competitve battle sense, Kyogre attacks Groudons weaker sp def with his higher sp atk

But when you think in real life, or something like that, fish out of water= big problems

TEAM BLUE

Friendly Trainer
    Years
    It Kinda Depends On The Pokemon That Goes First.....If Groudon Goes First And Uses Solorbeam It Won!If Kyogre Goes First And Uses A Water Type Move It Won!Mostly I Think Kyogre Won.....But Doesn't A Hot Weather Weakens Water Type?.....

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Kyogre. He's got a good Special Attack and Water Spout could wipe out Groudon in a single hit.

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
    hard choice

Kyogre, extinguish fire (lol) but on the other hand, groudon is also a ground type and we all know that ground can beat water. but still, overall I think that kyogre will win (even though I have ruby no sapphire)

Years
    Kyogre. It has higher special defense. When Groudon's using Solarbeam, you must take in sunlight first, or make sure Sunny Day is in effect before using it. My vote goes to Kyogre. (That's why I chose Sapphire over Ruby.)

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Kyogre.

No pokemon stands a chance against Sheer Cold, including Groudon.

And the fact that Groudon can learn Solar Beam and Thunderbolt((or Thunder, idr)) doesn't mean anything.

Back