• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's Your Favourite Main Character?

Who's Your Favourite Anime Main Character?

• Total voters

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
  • 1. Iris
    2. Iris
    3. Iris
    4. Iris
    5. Iris
    6. Iris
    ... continues forever.

I basically voted for everyone except for Dawn. No offense but she is the worse Pokemon character ever.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, despite the very japanese design. I have to go with May. I think she had such an amazing personality. Her choice in Pokémon were just FAB. I really enjoyed her cameo appearence in DP too, seeing her again just made me realise how much i've liked her. Seeing all her pokemon evolve were great too. (But thats a whole different subject~)

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I like Ash, Brock, Max and Dawn.
    I wonder what happened to Brock, Don't tell me he's left, because he's asome.

I like Ash, Brock, Max and Dawn.
    I wonder what happened to Brock, Don't tell me he's left, because he's asome and hilaurous most of the time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like Ash, Brock, Max and Dawn.
    I wonder what happened to Brock, Don't tell me he's left, because he's asome.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Brock left at the end of D/P to become a Pokemon Doctor. He realised that it was a waste of time to be traveling around with a 10 year old who wanted to become something that even the Pokemon creators did not know. :p

As for the topic, my favourite character was May. I simply liked everything about her. XD;

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ash. I chose Ash because he has been a huge influence to me and if Jessie or James was on the Poll, I might of chosen them as well.

Pokemon Ranger Lisa

Without a voice...
    Years
  • Dawn

but I also used to love Misty, and now Cilan since I watched alittle bit of Black and White on TV.

right now Misty is just so cool to me, since I watched some old episodes just the other day, and so her and Cilan get my votes. ^^

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    my fav is actually paul, i act like him in the games

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2013
    Misty, I miss the old charaters, and I hate what they've done with the heroines in the modern anime. I miss Misty fighting with Ash about who is stronger. At least Iris battles, like misty.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • All of them excluding Dawn and Tracey. Sorry Tracey, but I've never watch him in actions. Dawn is way too childish looking. Its a good thing her replacement is Iris.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • After all these years I'm not too close to any of the main characters but one person I would never have gotten sick of is Gary Oak. Gary has been my favorite character since episode one but I'm sure we saw the last of him in DP so if I had to pick a current character I'd pick Iris.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Definitely Dento. Yeah, he's a navigator clone, but at least he's interesting. Anyway, I'll go on the list bandwagon:

1) Dento
    2) Brock (WriteThemWrong is very correct about Brock)
    3) Team Rocket
    4) Gary Oak

That's it. The others are just... whatever. Maybe Dawn and Iris are further down the ****-heap. Then again, I'm not an avid anime viewer, so yeah... Given people bash the absolute crap out of Ash in the forums, how did he come on top? Maybe he has more fans than I thought, idk. He's got as much character appeal as a raw carrot.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • Dang it no Jessie & James huh?

Well, if I had to pick one of the characters that are listed I would pick Dawn. She has more of a can-do attitude and is far more confident than May was. Misty comes close to being my favorite but sometimes she was too much of a walking sack of anger for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2014

Given people bash the absolute crap out of Ash in the forums, how did he come on top? Maybe he has more fans than I thought, idk. He's got as much character appeal as a raw carrot.

People that dislike something tend to be more vocal than people who like something. Most of the character polls I've seen have him the most popular character.

Most of his haters are fans that have been around since the beginning, and are tired of his same personality after 15 years, and how the writers treat his character in general. He tends to get praised more often than not on sites like Serebii, or Bulbagarden ( with the latter being moreso.)

Back