• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's your Main Smash Character?

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    In the original Smash Bros., my main two were definitely Pikachu and Luigi. Both I could use decently with Link probably being my third best. Most of the rest I couldn't use too well. The only one I couldn't use well was Jigglypuff.

In Melee, Pikachu remained one of my favourites, but both Link and Luigi fell out of favor for me and the Ice Climbers become my second choice with Ganandorf third. Mewtwo was the character I failed with with in Melee

Brawl switched things around a lot. On Brawl I seem to be best with Lucario. However I finally have begun the master using Fox and despite my dislike of Snake, I fight reasonably well with him, At the moment I absolutely fail with Diddy Kong (and I hate him as much too). Honourable mentions for characters I could use go to Peach and Pit. I always have done well with Peach.

Of course my mates are all better than me say one cousin. However I'm flexible enough to use most of the characters with at least basic proficiency.

Out of likeability, Lucario takes the cake for me, followed by Pikachu and Yoshi. Fox and Peach get honourable mentions however.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I've only really played SSBB but my favorite main has got to be Pikachu. Nothing is more satisfying that roasting opponents with him. XD (He's quite agile, and cute too ^_^)
    On some occasions I'll go for Link or MetaKnight, both are good solid characters to brawl with as well.

Some might say MetaKnight is cheap but I say he's effective as heck, so quit yer yappin and get back to brawlin. XD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My main smash charcter is pretty much anybody, but I use Star wolf/star fox, and Ike a lot!

devilicious

dream
    Years
    In the original Smash Bros, Jigglypuff. Dair to Rest was amazingly broken, and I loved it.

Then in Melee, I remained with Jiggly and adapted to the new playstyle. I also played with Ganondorf, since L-Cancelled Fairs are too badass to pass on.

Now in Brawl, my real main is Ike, but since Brawl is kinda wacky about this, I do play more often with Jigglypuff, Luigi and Ganondorf. (And in Brawl+ I'm Jiggly-all-the-way~ <3)

And although tiers are for queers, I'm still a tournament player.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I have only played Super Smash Bros. Melee, so excuse me for not picking Wolf. (I heard he is a favorite.)

Anyways, mine would be Roy or Kirby. XD

Why? It's just that I'm comfortable with them, and basically know all the buttons for their attacks and combos.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I barely played the first Smash game, but the one time I did, I played as Pikachu.
    In Melee, I played almost exclusively as Pikachu. I played as Pikachu so much, I can't even remember the others I palyed as...
    When I first got Brawl, I played as Pikachu up until I unlocked Lucario. I used Lucario for a while, then started using others. My mains are usually either Lucario, Pikachu, or Meta Knight.

PokeFreakBror

I never use this site.
    Years
    Either Kirby or Samus. I love the mean attack when kirby becomes a stone it owns in sudden death. The only down side to samus, is when she loses her armor and become zero suit samus.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pikachu was always my go-to guy in the original N64 game.

Once Melee came around, I stuck with Pikachu until I did some unlocking. Then, I met Ganondorf, whose B punch would send opponents flying at only 50% damage. After a while and some more unlocking, I found Roy. Fire Blade = win, and so far, he's been my main character in Melee.

Haven't really spent a whole lot of time with Brawl, mainly because I haven't bought the game yet. I've played it at my friends house a few times, and I've grown to like Meta Knight in a short time. I think he'll probably be my regular when I eventually do buy Brawl.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Luigi. He's been my favourite since the when I first played Smash Bros. in 99'~
    In Melee I kinda like Dr. Mario, but eh. Marth too, but in Brawl he is like, uber slow. ;o;
    Sonic is a pain, too hard to control for me, Lucario is slow too. Kirby is my other favourite aside from Luigi. <3

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    Marth is my signature character, just as he was in Melee. I like his final smash (unlike most), it's fast and simple. Ike is my second most used, he sees a quite lot of play. Lucario comes third for me.

Lily!

moved
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    My main always has been Pikachu. (his down-taunt owns BTW)... Pikachu with the blue goggles to be more specific, though I have a tendancy to switch between the colors. On wifi, I always use Pika's side taunt before each battle ends. Kind of a signature thing for me. :D​

I'm also getting the hang of using Kirby, Olimar, Lucario, and Yoshi, but none of them will ever be as good a my Pika!​

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    My main Brawl character is Zero Suit Samus. Her final smash is actually a bad things since I can't play regular samus, but I just play with no items and it's fine.

She has really long reaching powerful attacks in all directions, she can stun an opponent long enough to fully charge a smash, and she has 2 special jumps (the only character that does,) and her special jumps don't stop her from attacking mid air like it does for most characters. (The only character that does.)

Back