• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Whose design did they ruin the most?

Whose redesign is the worst?

• May

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Maxie

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Tabitha

Votes: 54 47.8%
  • Archie

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Shelly

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
  • Tabitha and Shelly. There was nothing wrong with their original character that necessitated these tweaks, imo. The admin leaders gained characteristics to enhance the point that they're total opposites in personality and goal. That doesn't mean everyone on magma's team has to be a nerd or everyone on aqua's team has to be a dark-haired pirate bandit.

It's ironic that the team aqua members are the ones spending more time out in the sun, too.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • I don't understand why people are hating on Maxie when the only thing they really did to him was give him glasses.

Tbh I didn't really have a bond with Tabitha as many of you seem to have, so I don't care as much, but there's absolutely no point in making him fat. He already has the name going against him.

I like Brendan and May overall, but May's legs are driving me insane. They are so flipping skinny and oddly shaped. That's something I could've easily corrected before it made its way into CoroCoro.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't understand why people are hating on Maxie when the only thing they really did to him was give him glasses.

Tbh I didn't really have an bond with Tabitha as many of you seem to have, so I don't care as much, but there's absolutely no point in making him fat. He already has the name going against him.

I like Brendan and May overall, but May's legs are driving me insane. They are so flipping skinny and oddly shaped. That's something I could've easily corrected before it made its way into CoroCoro.

I feel Maxie's design is fine except for the shorts. They don't look very good combined with the coat, in my opinion. But he's kind of tough to see in the images we have so far so I'm waiting for better-quality ones before I can really hold any sort of opinion.

It's odd, isn't it? It seems a lot of people liked Tabitha a lot, which I'm actually quite pleased about. But when it comes down to it, you're right: it's not a matter of him being redesigned, it's that there was no point to it.

And I agree, I felt the same about Diantha's legs in XY. I think her legs are the main thing that's bothering me about her.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I feel Maxie's design is fine except for the shorts. They don't look very good combined with the coat, in my opinion. But he's kind of tough to see in the images we have so far so I'm waiting for better-quality ones before I can really hold any sort of opinion.

It's odd, isn't it? It seems a lot of people liked Tabitha a lot, which I'm actually quite pleased about. But when it comes down to it, you're right: it's not a matter of him being redesigned, it's that there was no point to it.

And I agree, I felt the same about Diantha's legs in XY. I think her legs are the main thing that's bothering me about her.

Yeah, Maxie is hard to judge due to the quality and his body's angle. We may need some concept art or in game model (not the over world though as those are chibi xD) to judge properly thanks to the angle.

I'm surprise a lot cared about Tabitha too. I only remember him for being an Admin of Magma, not his looks like some fangirls(or boys).

I should check May's legs as I can't see what the issue is...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Tabitha. He looks completely different.
    Shelly. They couldn't keep her awesome red/pinkish hair?

Ikr. I'm more bothered by her not keeping her red hair than any of the other changes...I loved the red hair on her...and it was curly too...now it's just straight black hair...

Years
  • For anyone confused with who's who, this picture may help clear that up. I know I was, especially with such an extensive redesign of Tabitha. I mean, he looks absolutely nothing like his original concept in RSE. That would be my pick for who they 'ruined', but even he doesn't look absolutely terrible. I like what they did with all of the designs, to be honest. Makes me extremely excited to see their 3D models. :]

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Team Magma's new designs look a little similar to Flare, but I do like the grunts' costume. To me, they look a lot less heavy, which they should be. As for Aqua, they look great, but I'm not too fond of Archie's outfit, though; makes him look sort of like a superhero, haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Hm... I guess Shelley's is a little weird. Why did they have to change her hair color? Did they really not want to have any red (her previous hair color) whatsoever in association with Team Aqua?

Years
  • Tabitha - I have no idea what they could possibly be thinking for what they did to Tabitha if thats even him, why did they make him a quirky, pudgy and so goofy looking? The new design doesnt at all seem to resemble him at all and hard to defend without any comparison to reasons possible. Its not the fact that he looks different that disturbs me, its the fact they completely changed his character to suit an even lesser irrelevant archtypical stereotype I've never heard of. His name doesnt even sound scary with his image anymore, just ackward. I hate when they make fat characters just for the gimmick of humour like this.. but on a greater shame, I can't take fat characters seriously as villains. They just never are.

Shelly - I don't really have a problem with her appearance beyond the justifiable fact that she doesnt look destinguishable as Shelly anymore. I like the clothes but not her hair or her pose. I cant even tell what type of character she is supposed to be now except that she looks almost exactly like Dahila makes it even harder to determine who she actually is if I didnt know. But from her appearance she looks like one of those drunk, flirty characters who doesnt take themselves seriously and I'd hate for her to be reduced to that type of character.

May - I've made my cases prior to this topic and the factor that irks me the most is the design scheme given to her being nonexistant to just a rip off of Shauna/Serena. She doesnt seem to have that iconic Tomboy feel anymore, now she just looks like a generic cute-obessed typical anime character. I had the same problem with B2/W2 female trainer as well, but at least May lacks the weird hairstyle. Lets hope that character personalization still exists from X&Y in these remakes..

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's odd, isn't it? It seems a lot of people liked Tabitha a lot, which I'm actually quite pleased about. But when it comes down to it, you're right: it's not a matter of him being redesigned, it's that there was no point to it.

I don't know if its because they liked the character, or just because they saw a big loss of potential..

But, my own reasons for being upset about it are kinda simple really. He's the only villain character that uses a migthyena and didn't actually ever had it faint against Ash in the anime, even though he fought him, he actually "won" his battles.. Plus, he kept saying cheesy one liners as if he was terminator or something, and looked kinda ballsy/badass/insane at times..

If you want to see for yourself, re-watch the advance generation anime, well only the episodes featuring team magma. Or you can try to look up "Team Magma Story" on vimeo I think..

Spheal of Approval was kinda cool, and A Three Team Scheme was interesting as well, though, the translator messed up and came up with a couple of weird names for characters and items.. Namely the orbs, and Tabitha and Shelly.

Tabitha. He looks completely different.
    Shelly. They couldn't keep her awesome red/pinkish hair?
    Ikr. I'm more bothered by her not keeping her red hair than any of the other changes...I loved the red hair on her...and it was curly too...now it's just straight black hair...
    Seriously, the red hair looked awesome! :D

Tabitha - I have no idea what they could possibly be thinking for what they did to Tabitha if thats even him, why did they make him a quirky, pudgy and so goofy looking? The new design doesnt at all seem to resemble him at all and hard to defend without any comparison to reasons possible. Its not the fact that he looks different that disturbs me, its the fact they completely changed his character to suit an even lesser irrelevant archtypical stereotype I've never heard of. His name doesnt even sound scary with his image anymore, just ackward. I hate when they make fat characters just for the gimmick of humour like this.. but on a greater shame, I can't take fat characters seriously as villains. They just never are.

Shelly - I don't really have a problem with her appearance beyond the justifiable fact that she doesnt look destinguishable as Shelly anymore. I like the clothes but not her hair or her pose. I cant even tell what type of character she is supposed to be now except that she looks almost exactly like Dahila makes it even harder to determine who she actually is if I didnt know. But from her appearance she looks like one of those drunk, flirty characters who doesnt take themselves seriously and I'd hate for her to be reduced to that type of character.

Yeah, its him.. His japanese name is Homura( ホムラ ), and the name under his namesake reads Homura..
    If he turns out into yet another "omg fat people are funny" goofy comic relief character, I doubt they'll get much sympathy from quite a few people, me included..

Shelly looks like a tekken character now.. The red hair was probably the thing that struck me the most about the character.. Too bad they flushed those.. Which is just plain silly..
    Especially since they don't seem to have any issues giving pretty much any hair colors to anyone, like purple, blue, green, etc..

Last edited:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Tabitha definitely has the worst redesign. Doesn't even look like the same character. His old design was so much better, I don't understand why they changed it completely instead of just tweaking it.

I'm not a huge fan of May's design either, the headband thing bugs me, but it's not /too/ bad I suppose.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Tabitha.png

Spr_RS_Tabitha.png

To be really honest, this guy let himself go in ORAS.

Also, I am still weirded out that May looks reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally young in ORAS compared to RSE. Maybe because of the clothes or the hair color, something isnt right imo.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Tabitha used to be an awesome villain who looked scary and a little bit crazy - he was more sinister than the team leaders! Now he just looks... no. I didn't even recognize him. However, I'm also bothered by the fact that May's bandana was replaced with an oversized bow.

I'm also a bit bugged by the fact that Brendan's hair is brown instead of being black like Norman's, but that's tiny compared to the other issues.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Tabitha used to be an awesome villain who looked scary and a little bit crazy - he was more sinister than the team leaders! Now he just looks... no. I didn't even recognize him. However, I'm also bothered by the fact that May's bandana was replaced with an oversized bow.

I'm also a bit bugged by the fact that Brendan's hair is brown instead of being black like Norman's, but that's tiny compared to the other issues.

What's worse is that Brendan's hair is noticable :( I'd kinda like to keep that Brendan has "white hair" joke untouched :( BUT WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS RIGHT GF D:

I really wish they would add back the RS and E outfits back in the game too.

Years
  • What did they do to Maxie and Tabitha? They both looked threatening in RSE but now who would ever be scared by them? Maxie is a Colress like scientist, only not cool, I won't even express myself on Tabitha. I also don't know what but something bothers me with Brendan, I really like May and the others are fine, they all look like different characters, but they're not bad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    One thing to keep in mind is that CoroCoro leaks on character design aren't exactly final. All footage in beta stage is, well, "beta." So if fans lash out negative feedback towards the model's designs, GameFreak may well improve them between now and the release of the games.

Back