• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why, Ash? Why did you do that?

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
Years
  • Yes, we've all had that moment, where we've felt that Ash/Satoshi just truly EFFed up badly, and we had no idea how he could have done so if he was truly a great battler, as some episodes imply. The greatest exampled occurred in "The Semi-Final Frontier," where Ash/Satoshi battled Tobias/Takuto, and his team is possibly the worst he could have devised if he was going up against a trainer with the ability to tame Darkrai.

For those of you who don't remember or haven't seen it--Ahem. Allow me to educate.

The [sarcasm]"Dream Team"[/sarcasm]

Spoiler:

Anyway, please post your "Why Ash, Why?" moments here, and see how other feel about them as well. I'm sure we all had the same reaction.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • When there's one of those dramatic pauses in-battle and he just stands there gaping instead of getting in a quick albeit cheap hit.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Why did Ash have to release the King of Pokelantis from his "prison" and get possessed by him? One of the greatest mistakes he made, IMO.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I remember in the episode "Leading a stray" he made a wild Swampert faint and didn't bother trying to catch it.

In all his travels hes met loads of different wild pokémon - never really thought of catching them, did he?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Why, Ash? Why do you ditch great pokemon like Charizard, Heracross, and Gliscor to capture new wimps every new series?

Why, Ash? Why did your Grovyle(now Sceptile) lose to a Luvdisc for any reason?

Why, Ash? Why don't you utilize better moves instead of Hyper Beam and Harden?

Why, Ash? Why did you try to catch a Snivy without weakening it, especially since you once lectured someone about catching a pokemon too early (see Episode 2-3 of the Advanced series for this. He lectures May on how to properly catch pokemon)?

Why, Ash? Why do you not use awesome pokemon like Snorlax and Muk when you go for championships?

Why, Ash? Why did you leave Misty? <--- :P

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    why ash? why do release all your good pokemon?

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I think Ash handled his 5 on 5 battle with Shooti very badly. Though he believes there's more to battling than type advantages, but he should still take advantage of it:

I would of done this:

Hatooboo: Why Mijumaru and Pokabu? I would of used Pikachu, and as you saw, it didn't take much for Pikachu to beat it.

Janovy: He should of used Pokabu on it. Fire > Grass. And if by any chance it faints, I say use Mamepato since Flying > Grass.

Pururiru: Mijumaru as sort of a "sacrifice" to see how Pururiru battles and try to tire it out a bit. And since it would obviously lose, I'd go with Tsutarja, with Attract and Leaf Storm. And if it loses like in the real battle, I'd finish it with Pikachu since by now Pururiru would be tired from battling two Pokemon at full health. With it's speed and electric attacks, it would probably make leftovers of Pururiru.

And that's how I would handle the battle with Shooti.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
    Years
  • I think Ash handled his 5 on 5 battle with Shooti very badly. Though he believes there's more to battling than type advantages, but he should still take advantage of it:

I would of done this:

Hatooboo: Why Mijumaru and Pokabu? I would of used Pikachu, and as you saw, it didn't take much for Pikachu to beat it.

Janovy: He should of used Pokabu on it. Fire > Grass. And if by any chance it faints, I say use Mamepato since Flying > Grass.

Pururiru: Mijumaru as sort of a "sacrifice" to see how Pururiru battles and try to tire it out a bit. And since it would obviously lose, I'd go with Tsutarja, with Attract and Leaf Storm. And if it loses like in the real battle, I'd finish it with Pikachu since by now Pururiru would be tired from battling two Pokemon at full health. With it's speed and electric attacks, it would probably make leftovers of Pururiru.

And that's how I would handle the battle with Shooti.

Well Pikachu would still lose cause Shooti would still have 3 Pokemon left...

Last edited:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Well I couldn't finish what I'd do since we don't know what his last two Pokemon are. I guess he would of lost, at least he might have a chance with the fourth Pokemon.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Why Ash? Why does Pikachu begin to fail at the begginging of every new Pokemon series? It is probably like lvl 95 and lost to PAul and he was like a new trainer.

Years
  • I would have loved seeing Ash calling his very strong old buddies Charizard or Kingler, but it's not his style. We saw Magmortar, a very strong one, not handling Darkrai, so I think Ash didn't want to go for power like the other trainers.

Years
  • Why did you leave all your truly epic Pokemon, like Sceptile and Snorlax with Professor Oak and never use them again? Why Ash? Why did you let Brock leave, Ash? Why do you keep catching incredibly small Pokemon who have incredible evolutions, but you never get them to evolve!?!? Why did you leave Torterra and Infernape!?!? Your Sinnoh team was one of your strongest ever!! Why do you set all of your Pokemon free!?!?!!!! Most of all, why don't you turn your hat backwards anymore before throwing a Pokeball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!??????

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Why, Ash? Why do you not age!

(And how does your Level 57205723597259275924572987987524098009852483232425242090998709835 Pikachu lose to a Level 5 Snivy? Seriously, how?!)

Back