• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    My favorite Pokemon is from generation three so i would never hate generation three. As for the statement that people hate hoenn Pokemon so much? I've never heard that statement before, this is the first time that I heard of anyone saying this before

:t354:TG

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I loved R\S\E REALLY REALLY much,My Favourite Pokemon and favourite pokemon set came from there(Swampert unbeatable with 1 set,Gardevior Owns,Salamance Pro,Swallow the usual flying pokemon,Aggron just cuz he's good and zigzagoon best HM slave ever!)
    The only thing I hated there was the fact that there was NO AFTERSTORY!
    Kanto have the sevii islands,Johto have Kanto as an afterstory,Sinnoh got that battle zone(Fight area,Resort area,Survival area,Stark mountain afterstory).
    Really,after you're done the elite four you get a ticket to the Battle Frointer\Tower and...Done.
    For me R\S\E are the easiest games ever made in all pokemon series,Seriously,I reached to the pokemon league with lvl 36 pokemons while the last gym leader had like 10 lvls higher pokemon and I destroyed him.
    I don't get it,People here say that those games missed the classic pokemon but they didn't look it at this way:R\S\E was an expansion for FR\LG,If you put together the pokemons from FR\LG and R\S\E you'll get the full 386 pokemon you wanted(without the event pokemon of course)I tested it and well,I have completed the national dex in Emerald when im missing all of the event pokemon and the three legendary dogs(which you can get in FR\LG after the national dex and it depends on your starter,I was just too lazy to find them ><)

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    I generally don't have a problem with the 3rd gen Pokemon, actually, in general, I like them. Sure it had some unoriginal designs, like Luvdisc, for example, but a lot of the designs were quite creative and interesting.
    Flygon, for example. Flygon itself is one of my favorite Pokemon, and its line is based on a very unique insect. Or the Lotad line. They're Grass/Water and based off lilypads... Oror Relicanth being a coelacanth- the living fossil.
    I dunno. I like 3rd gen Pokemon.

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I generally don't have a problem with the 3rd gen Pokemon, actually, in general, I like them. Sure it had some unoriginal designs, like Luvdisc, for example, but a lot of the designs were quite creative and interesting.
    Flygon, for example. Flygon itself is one of my favorite Pokemon, and its line is based on a very unique insect. Or the Lotad line. They're Grass/Water and based off lilypads... Oror Relicanth being a coelacanth- the living fossil.
    I dunno. I like 3rd gen Pokemon.

They're designs were really creative,Look at the gen V pokemon,Thats a really non-creative gen I've ever seen.
    There's a lot of pokemons that looks like evoulotions of other gen's pokemon but they're not,Such as Tauros copycat and a bigger luvdisc,Thats a fail of the gen V

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
    I don't get it! I sort of like Generation III. The designs aren't exactly crap. I mean, if most Pokemon's stats in Generation III sucked, they would hate them alot.So, how many of them do we have?

Years
    Personally I like them :P But to others, they don't like change in Pokemon, so they need to complain about it.
    That's how I'm feel about certain D/P Pokemon and the Black/White pokemon
    ^This.

I'm just like you, though I DO like Piplup and all B/W starters. I only like the B/W pokes because I saw its anime, Best Wishes. Which coincidentally has same initials even though not meaning the same thing. Piplup cuz of the 3 or 4 episodes I saw with dawn using it, didn't watch DP as much as others. Indigo was 2nd place, I saw 25. That's why I love all the 1st gen pokémons.

The point is, at least for me, if I don't see people using them on anime, I'll hate them on game. I know it's weird but I can only get used to them if they are on anime.

bigplrbear

C# programmer for the IAPL
    Years
    Compared to G/S/C, they're very short. I could easily spend about 40 or 50 hours in Gen 2 games, but I'll get bored with Gen 3 games in 10-15

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I don't think Hoenn is the worst. I personally believe that Hoenn has the most creative Pokemon designs among all regions. Majority of my favorite pokemons are from Hoenn Region, so yeah~

Starshine ~

lalala
    Years
    Woah, woah o: My favourite pokemon, Jirachi, is from Hoenn. I've never heard the statement that people hate Hoenn xD I've more heard that they dislike FRLG.

Hoenn had one of the best regions ever :3 though yeah, I was a little disappointed there was no story after defeating the E4.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Long reply.

My favorite out of all games is the Hoenn region, since it was the very first game I bought and got hooked into it. Not to be mean or anything, but I guess it was good to pump up the complexity in pokemon. I know it is just a cartoon and all, but make it a bit realistic if you know what I mean. Hoenn was a very big change, and I loved the change. The pokemon are awesome and every favorite of mine is in Hoenn. Not only that, but people say the plot is just different...well, in my opinion, I liked the way the bad guy always wins and you defeat him in the end, getting a huge reward afterwards. I mean, seriously. Some say the pokemon designs are too simple in the first series and the diamond and pearl and black and white just made them more complex. To put it simple, Hoenn is the climax in today's world.

Version Five

Restarted entire hack. :(
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    In my opinion, Hoenn was not one of my favorites, Johto was the best region out there. R/S/E had a horrible story line, map, etc. They had a lot of pointless Pokemon there, Zizagoon, Wurmple, Cascoon, etc, etc. A lot of weird designs, and it draaaaaagggggggeeeeeddddddd on forever!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2011
    Im a child of the 3rd gen, I love them more than any other, I've completed EVERY single mainstream Pokemon game, the R/S/E saga was immense, but I just cannot get enough, I've easily beaten the main story over 20 times since 2005 for emerald, and done everything in the one playthrough , then I reset 2 days before I got my DS, I thought, no chance and left them where they were meant to be, in my memories. But for me, they're by FAR my favorite of all Pokemon games.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    I think it's because of the change in Ken Sugimori's artwork. Compare Gen II's pokemon to gen III's pokemon. It was the biggest change in pokemon history. Even Bulbapedia confirms this. Bulbapedia is always right. Anyway, because of this and the fact that Hoenn didn't have previous pokemon, and didn't relate to Kanto or Johto in anyway, people think Nintendo/Game Freak 'ruined' the series. There is nothing wrong with having a region that doesn't relate to other regions. I mean, you can't have EVERY region related to one another. The concept would just get boring...

On another note, I personally think Gen III's pokemon were the most creative and enjoyable. I know most people, becuase of nostalgia, would say Gen I had the pokemon with the best designs. TAKE YOUR NOSTALGIA GOGGLES OFF. Gen I had the most simple and uncreative pokemon yet. Even the names were uncreative. Koffing, Weezing, Seriously?

But this is the Gen III thread so i'm gonna stop talking about Gen I.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Who hates the Hoenn Pokemon? I tend to like the other region Pokemon better, but I still don't hate the Hoenn ones. Besides, without Hoenn there would be no Absol. And therefore no shiny Absol...:'(

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    WHAT THE HELL????WHO DO U THINK U R??? Hate Hoenn Pokemon??Hoenn is the Best Region the starters had the best typing and lookes and stats and all the pokemons were also good and legends were awesome too and u say everybody hates hoenn WTH???

Years
    I dont hate Hoenn pokemon so much as most of them are just very unintersting to me. Thats not to say all of them, and some of them are real gems, but the vast majority of them just arent that rememorable for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back