• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

123wert50

Pokemon Master
Years
  • I've never seen people hate the Pokemon. Maybe the games, but not the
    Pokemon. Maybe it will be less hated when the R/S remakes come out.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    I love the hoenn region............and it's pokemon my favorite is swampert don't hate the hoenn region hate it's sprites.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
    Years
  • Hoenn has to be my favorite region. I like the innovative ideas, and I love the fact that not every single Pokemon is based off of animals (glares at 2nd generation), or that the Pokedex is not full of 3-evolution powerhouses (I'm looking at you, Black and White).

Hoenn also has great non-evolving Pokemon that can really wreak havoc (Absol<3), and the producers aren't afraid to add neat, fun new concepts (Castform, Plusle and Minun, the gargantuan Wailord) that are fun to carry around and experiment with. To me, the producers, upon adding things like Tropius and Mawile, seem to be saying "Yes, this Pokemon doesn't evolve, and its stats are not great. Deal with it." They don't use stick figure Pokemon, but they don't add super modern-looking ridiculous legendaries, either (Reshiram and Zekrom... *slaps forehead*).

Anyway, I love Hoenn Pokemon, especially since they include Torkoal, Milotic and Tropius, my three favorites.

La Denryu

WITTY CAPTION
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    I think it's because a lot of people resented the fact that they eliminated backwards compatibility for the first time, I mean, I was pretty pissed when I found out I couldn't trade my beloved Crystal Pokemon to Sapphire. Also, getting rid of the day/night feature was a bit of a dumb mistake. I personally loved 3rd gen, but I can see why it's disliked.

Also, if you count the the anime, you get the "OMG THEY REPLACE MISTY!!1 SCREW THIS!!" thing.

Years
  • IMO hoenn was the best gen, i did feel weird with all the surfing but i got over it. I actually liked the generation the best, the pokemon of that gen were my second favorite after the gen 2 pokemon. The regions citys were pretty good, and i always loved the small town feel of hoenn. I loved the change in graphics cuz back then that would have been a huge change change for me. Oh but i hated clamperl when i learned how to evolve it because my friends at the time didn't play pokemon and i didn't have two gba's or a link cable. I can see the argument that they look stupid buti didn't mind it too much. My biggest beef with theese games is the male protagonists hat.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    i think 2nd gen is the worst. Lugia and Hooh are pretty cool but the pokemon are garbage. the starters are the worst of all gens and the pokemon in 2nd gen are weak and their is only a few decent ones, tryanitar, kingdra, piloswine. 3rd gen are the strongest in general and 1st gen are good too but since they elders they just have that rep. not to mention they have mew who is impossible to get unless you cheat. i would much rather play emerald over shinygold.
    You sir, are retarded. Like most 10 year old Hoenn fans, you seem to only care about overpowered legendary Pokemon and large bulky Pokemon with jacked up stats. You do not care about the actual design of the Pokemon, or have any style, which is probably why you liked Hoenn. Well, enjoy playing with your mecha-lord robo Pokemon, I'll stick to the awesomeness that is Kanto/Johto.

Hoenn has to be my favorite region. I like the innovative ideas Innovative? *cough minun cough plusle* Not to mention Salamence is a blue Charizard on four legs. and I love the fact that not every single Pokemon is based off of animals (glares at 2nd generation) I always hated the fact that they WEREN'T based off animals. Metagross? Wtf? or that the Pokedex is not full of 3-evolution powerhouses (I'm looking at you, Black and White) Yeah, Black and White sucks. LOL

Hoenn also has great non-evolving Pokemon that can really wreak havoc (Absol<3) Absol is pretty cool, yeah. and the producers aren't afraid to add neat, fun new concepts (Castform, Plusle and Minun, the gargantuan Wailord) How are Plusle and Minun new concepts? that are fun to carry around and experiment with. To me, the producers, upon adding things like Tropius and Mawile Mawile was ridiculously stupid. It boggles my mind as to why it is steel type, much like the most annoying Pokemon ever to exist, Lucario. seem to be saying "Yes, this Pokemon doesn't evolve, and its stats are not great. Deal with it." They don't use stick figure Pokemon, but they don't add super modern-looking ridiculous legendaries, either (Reshiram and Zekrom... *slaps forehead*) The Regis look just as ridiculous as the B&W legendaries.

Anyway, I love Hoenn Pokemon, especially since they include Torkoal, Milotic and Tropius, my three favorites. Torkoal is win. Milotic>Feebas is a rip off of Gyarados>Magikarp. Tropius isn't to my likings, but I don't hate it. Flying grass dinosaurs; now that's creative.

Read the bold. (25characterspamlol)

Last edited:

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • The Hoenn Pokemon were the first generation to go into the more complex and less "traditional" Pokemon designs. I like them, but they took some getting used to. ;P

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Who hates Hoenn Pokémon? D: They're the best! I don't even know how I can argue for 3rd Gen since I don't see lots of people against it ">.>

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Hoenn, my favourite generation when it comes to Pokemon.

Seriously, I love all of the Gen3 Pokemon. Just like all the other regions, it has its good and bad Pokemon, but I don't really care. Nincada for example, was a work of genious, having a shell that literally comes to life. There are many others to list, but I don't have the patience.

Overall, Hoenn had some of my favourite Pokemon. Yay!

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    I truly never hated gen 3 because it was the first gen I played. (I went completly backwards in terms of games.) I guess people don't like the designs or something it's crazy man.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • The only people who hate Generation 3 are the people who think Pokemon should've ended after Johto. Game Freak decided that Pokemon was a great cash cow and kept it going. Personally, I like quite a few of the Hoenn Pokemon - and Sinnoh wasn't too bad... I feel the same about Isshu. The people who don't like Generation 3 are just nostalgic. They like their old pokemon, and there is nothing wrong with that. I tend to like Generation I and II more than these newer generatons, but I'm not the person to just say I hate it all. I will happily play all Pokemon games until they just become really stupid...

(I liek Mudkipz. ^^)

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Who hates Hoenn Pokemon? I enjoy the Hoenn Pokemon. Besides most of my favorite Pokemon coming from Sinnoh, my other favorites came from the Hoenn Region I mean Flygon, Absol, Milotic, Sharpedo, Mudkip and Roselia I mean come on. They have some good Pokemon there.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • I don't think most people hate Hoenn Pokémon. We had some good additions in that region. I think a lot of people hated the Hoenn region, because it was mainly water routes, so you'd surf for hours and only encounter tenticool. I like the Pokémon though, and overall R/S/E was a good addition to the series.

Veronika

work your blonde.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    So being in my 20s means I have permanent nostalgia goggles?
    Yeah, no.
    I have nothing but love for Hoenn and its Pokemon and I love Sinnoh even more. I have SoulSilver but I still spend most of my time in Platinum. We're not all stuck in the 90s, bbs!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • I don't think most people hate Hoenn Pokémon. We had some good additions in that region.

I have to agree with this. How many Dragonite, Flygon, Salamance, etc. fans are they? There are multiple amount that are uncountable. Most of the fans hated the game for some reason, in my preference I loved that region, but yes Hoenn region was disliked.

Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Well, Emerald was my first game, and I do have fond memories of it. I guess the Pokemon were okay, but some I just feel that some of them were designed in a hurry.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    HONESTLY, 1-3 are the best generations. That was when Ludicolo the LIKE COOLEST DUCK YOUVE SEEN IN YO LIFE. That dances! and wailord is a beast since hes a whale, imagine getting hit by a rollout with one of those things! BTW: Kyogre is better than Groudon, Design-wise too

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back