• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why do people hate the hoenn pokes so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Who hates Hoenn Pokemon? I enjoy the Hoenn Pokemon. Besides most of my favorite Pokemon coming from Sinnoh, my other favorites came from the Hoenn Region I mean Flygon, Absol, Milotic, Sharpedo, Mudkip and Roselia I mean come on. They have some good Pokemon there.
    You see, now you aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    I don't hate Hoenns. I love all Pokemon games, but Hoenn is my least favorite. I do like Hoenn, though.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    You see, now you aren't allowed to have an opinion anymore.

You have done nothing but complain and attack people on this thread and others.
    Grow up some, okay?
    Not everyone is going to like ~gen1 &gen2~.
    People were born after that time.
    People do have different opinions.
    People do like different things.
    Just because you're so hell-bent on not giving anything else a chance doesn't mean you have the right to deny someone else of their opinion.

And people have shown and explained to you all of the differences and why these pokemon "look like statues or look like clay dolls" but you know what you do? You don't pay attention to them at all and go off on this whole biased tangent. That is not civil.

If you can't learn some respect, then maybe the advanced gen board is not the right one for you. :/

But watch as you completely overlook this entire post and go off on another rant just because you can't get your way.

Years
    i love the hoenn games, except for most of the gyms are wayy to hard, but i really love them because of these reasons.The Hoenn saga for then anime was one of my favorites, Sapphire was the first game i beat the E4 in,me and my friends had sleepovers and just pulled all nighters playing these games,the starters were so cool and i loved all the pokemon in them.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    I think it was around the third generation when people started getting skeptical about how many Pokemon could exist before it became redundant. The games themselves weren't bad, but little things like tougher gyms and crap like Volbeat got kind of annoying. Still, I can't see why someone would hate them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    Well i really don't care whether anybody like 3rd gen or not
    i love 3rd gen pokemons

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2010
    Hmm, I don't really know why other than because they came out after Gold and Silver(which was the best in my opinion). Who knows. Either way, I have a lot of fond memories of Ruby so I don't really see why so many hate on it.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Hoenn get's hated on because It was a big change in the Pokemon games. It tested out new ideas, new Pokemon design, new features, etc.

Personally, I love that Region. So many good memories, and I loved the plot line, the looks, the difficulty, and the new Pokemon. But since that was a testing stage more then an evolution stage, it got kicked in the butt. Imagine the Hoenn region with the new features and such that we have now.

It will defiantly be a good remake. There's no doubt that they'll remake it, because they will. Remakes = Money. Money = Happy Nintendo and GameFreak. Plus, the remakes will be awesome because they'll be like Black and White, yet with new and better features because Game Freak will learn from the things they did in Isshu.

Years
    There are many problems with R/S/E. As many people have already stated, there were amazing changes and new features, but they failed with:
    1- PokéContests: I hardly find someone who really enjoy them. Basically, the more useful a move was in battle, the less useful it was on a pokécontest (and vice-versa).
    2- [HM 6]Rock Smash: Seriously, what were they thinking when they transformed Rock Smash in a HM? You were obligated to teach that to a pokémon and, well, it was a very weak move. (AND THEY KEPT FLASH TOO). The move deleter was there, but only at the end of the game.
    3- Secret Bases: Yes, everybody expected they'd be something way better than it was.
    4- Weather conditions: I loved the introduction of this mechanics, but it was ridiculous how it was made. At some places it rained forever and in others it never rained... Fixed climate conditions made this feature a bit fail
    5- Unbalanced Pokémon: Maybe it's just my impression, but I think this version is the worst in balance. There were the weak ones and the tough ones, and only a few pokémon stand on the middle. Without mentioning the very-hard-to-get weak pokémons such as Feebas and Chimecho.
    6- Money: I thought money was way too easy to obtain. I caught myself holding max money again and again. Linoone would caught a Nugget for me every now and then, and with the advent of Amulet Coin it was not difficult to get money. I could buy all the Protein, Iron, Carbos, HP UPs,... that I wanted.
    7- Berries and PokéBlocks: As I already stated, I dislike the pokécontests very much, so the pokéblock system was completely unnecessary. Also, it was tough making a good pokéblock by yourself. The pokéblender NPCs were stupid and always missed lots of times. Also, the irregularity of grown of each berry made me sick. Seemed like they wanted us to play 24/7.

Although there were many innovations and real nice ideas in this version, the flaws were more evident than ever. I think thats the reason why so many people (including me) dislike this version.

WIN features:
    Double battles, introduction of Abilities and Natures, way better Storage System, new kind of villains (Magma/Acqua), new kinds of pokéballs (fast ball, timer ball, premier ball,...)

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Personally, I found very few of the designs appealing. I didn't particularly like the D/P pokemon either, though, so it's nothing personal against Hoenn.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Most people don't like change. They prefer their cozy, good, old habits.
    I can't say I hate Hoenn. I actually love it ; I got into Pokemon with Sapphire when I was just 5 years old. Blaziken... Dusclops... so many great Pokemon.
    I never faced any of the old school Pokemon until I received FireRed. I thought Ratatta was super rare and that Pidgey was the strongest Flying type. Yeah, good times...
    So, I can't judge people by hating RS ; they don't hate the games, they hate the change. So yeah, I hope this clears it up.

Years
    I love Hoenn!

I've played every region a few times, and I have to say that Hoenn is my favorite.

I liked it in the games, anime and manga.

The story is just awesome and I really like the Pokémon from it.. for example Aggron and Crawdaunt and Glalie etc etc etc. xD

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    I'd actually say Sinnoh Pokemon until I got used to it. Most people can't accept change, I think that's the reason. I usually just get used to it, however. I actually love Hoenn, but that's just me.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    I love the Hoenn Pokemon, but I rarely use them because I rarely play the games (I don't like the Hoenn region)

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Hoenn pokémon I never had a problem with. I love a lot of them :) And Sapphire was my first ever pokémon game, so I always put them with the I and II gen pokémon. I do worry for Black and White though. I don't have it yet, of course, but sometimes it just scares me when they keep making new versions... D/P was alright, but it wasn't my favourite actually. Some of the pokémon just... didn't seem like pokémon anymore, if that makes sense.

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
    I think R/S/E are just hated in general. I don't know why. Perhaps everybody was expecting another ZOMGfest like Johto generated and the games fell short of their expectations? Or perhaps that was when the backlash began: any given fandom has a few years of being immortal when it first begins, but then there's a period where fans hate everything about them. Personally the only thing I hated about the Hoenn games was the music. I mostly play Emerald on mute...
    Are you tone deaf? the Hoenn games have some of the best music in the series 10x better than DPPt.
    I personally loved the Hoenn pokemon as they had some good legendaries and new original pokemon (Sceptile's my all time favourite starter)

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    RSE was the first Pokémon games I ever played and I think they are only better than RBY.

Reasons:
    -So much surfing area;
    -Starter Pokémon aren't THAT cool;
    -The system of day and night was removed;
    -Forgettable gym leader and Pokémon;
    -The proposal of a storyline based in "weather changes" was not developed so well, ending in a "battle/catch the legendary pokémon to save the world";
    -The rival isn't more a real challenge to you how it was in RBY, GSC and DPPt;

At the end i don't HATE Hoenn... only don't like.
    In the Pokémon question, I love Skitty, Absol (one of my favs), Mudkip and family and some others, but along with the region, this is the worst generation for me.
    And I not a "nostalgic one". Ok, a bit. But I liked most of Isshu and Sinnoh's Pokémon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back