• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do we cuss on the internet?

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I just wondered this... I hate the words they make me sound stupid, but everyone seems to do it once or twice, but seriously I know what all the words mean and its stupid to use them... people overuse the f word and it means... well.... I can't say it because I would be banned... but why do we cuss on the internet, theres no point we are all intellegent beings we shouldn't cuss, so if you ask me...
    To cuss and sound stupid? that is the question

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    ...lets move this to Other Chat, since it's not relevent to our community.... <<;

*MOVED*

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    My various dictionaries define swearing as a... *thinks* >.O; ...well, I forget it, but something about it emphasising and strengthening stuff... but if you ask me, just makes ya look like you can't think of any better word... so you must have the vocabulary of a toddler o_O Clean posts make Kylie happy. :3

Years
    I think people mainly do it when they're angry... ^^; (some teenagers do it all the time because it has become a habit) but with most people they swear on the net because they are pissed off at someone.

If you look at certain topics carefully... if a fight breaks most of the time someone will start swearing... get my point?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    It's used to add emphasis. Look at it this way; 'Darnit' just doesn't have the same effect as 'Dammit.'

Regardless, you're at the wrong forum; swearing is taboo here~

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    I have never sweared(in my entire life), it is totally not required. If you know good vocabulary you can spice up conversation when you are angry, happy, or sad without the use of vulgarities.

Understanably, the reason people you vulgar words is because it has been inbred in thier minds. From parents, friends, siblings, TV, music, movies, books, magazines, ect..

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    Darn it > D*mn it. =D
    CENSOR BYPASS WTF

+ahem+ I'm not comparing, they just don't have the same effect. Another comparison - 'What the f***?' vs. 'What the heck?'

Which one sounds more serious, and which one sounds more pathetic? I rest my case. :D

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    I only swear when something shocks me & theres nothing else intelligent that springs to mind, I don't just belt it out. & theres no point swearing on the net cos you don't have to answer straight away.

ashley03

Queen of Oddness
    Years
    bna_li said:
    I dunno. When I feel bad inside, I wanna let it out. To let others know how I feel.

^i can relate^...pluse no one on the internet can really u so they can't judge u(which is great!!)

~if u bottle up the pain inside it will eventually eat away at u,then ur still in the same place u started~

=3

Last edited:
    Years
    Ttutt i swear alot anyway

but I prefer not to swear online then offline, i am not so diffrent online, but the swearing is a no-no

and i have only swore about one thing online, i hate too write the words down at all

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Swearing is becoming increasingly acceptable in society. Almost every movie has some instance of it and it's just...not as shocking as it was before. So now, it's used for emphasis. Plus, some people think it's oh-so-cool to swear, thus they do it online in addition to using it offline in daily speech.

I just find it annoying. :\

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Who really cares? They're just words that emphasize things. Like "That movie was a pile of ****" is stronger than saying "That movie was bad."

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    BUt it's improper...and annoying...seeing little 10 year olds kids dropping the F-bomb all the time think they're all that just cause they swear...

Meh, I just wanna pop em upside the head and be like "SHUTUP! YOU'RE NOT COOL! YOU'RE SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT"

Back