• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

why do we cuss on the internet?

Years
    Dakota said:
    BUt it's improper...and annoying...seeing little 10 year olds kids dropping the F-bomb all the time think they're all that just cause they swear...

Meh, I just wanna pop em upside the head and be like "SHUTUP! YOU'RE NOT COOL! YOU'RE SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT"
    Wow, reality check. That's sad now. I don't swear to be cool. Don't hate me.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    ^ agreed

Swearing surprisingly makes people feel better. I usually say the word "crap" because I'm used to it. And when I get REALLY pissed off, I say "Sh!t!" because its like telling others "don't you dare annoy me today or I'll ram my foot so far up your ::censor:: the water on my knee will quench your thirst" lol

I really don't care if people curse. Unless they're all like "****! THOSE ****ING *****ES GET ON MY **** NERVES! WHAT THE ****?! WHAT THE FUUCK?! OH FUUCK YOU!"

Constant swearing annoys me :/

And no, its not the same using the word "darnit!" when one is really pissed off. Actually, if I get pissed off, saying "darnit" would make me even more angry lol. Its feeling like being holded back from what you're really feeling, so YAH. :)

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I agree with all of you, I just get tired of stupid kids missusing the words, I mean there are people at high school who cuss every other word. I can understand I don't over cuss, I only use it truly when I am pissed off extremely. or I just opt words, I like my larger vocabulary.

Not to mention GD.... I can't stand that The devil |)amns people(I don't mean it in the cussing way. I am using it in the sense of what the devil does to people).... NOT GOD.... :( I hate when people do that because they obviously don't know what it means when the devil |)amns someone eternal |)amnation

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    It is increasing (not just on the internet, mind you), but I still don't find it acceptable (in any situation).

Why? I dunno. I use imitation swear words; darn and dammit instead of ****. Shoot instead of ****. Etc. Works just as well. :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Truthfully, I care little about others cursing...especially on the internet, as long as it isn't excessive. By excessive, I mean repeatedly saying it. Other than that, I am okay.

This is my opinion on curse words in general...these are just words considered taboo by society. Other than that, they are just words. There's most likely little common sense in what I am saying here, but the point is that words are just words. Whether you are saying d*** or darn, it doesn't really matter, in my opinion. The use of these words being taboo will just cause rebellion, causing young children and other immature people to use these words repeatedly. I may not be looking at the big picture, but if these words were considered less taboo and just used inappropriately, like slang in general, we wouldn't have people cursing so much. Obvious, but I'm just saying...

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    pikachu592 said:
    I know how you feel I don't like to see people cussing on the internet too. Sometimes I see people saying the ''d'' word.

God ****it, those **** dogs won't stop chewing my **** shoes.

>_>

Seriously, if you're 13 you shouldn't be calling **** "the d word."

And saying **** is no different than saying the actual word, it's easy to find out if you read the context, so they shouldn't have to be censored. Unless you're 5, it should be obvious.

EDIT: Wow, **** (the "d" word) is autocensored. This is pathetic.

Last edited:

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I don't curse when I'm on forums like this one, the main reason being that having a bunch of word-filtered ****'s in your posts makes them look pretty n00bish. If I'm around people that I know don't like cursing, I don't curse. That's just common courtesy. However, if I'm around good friends or people I know don't care, I don't really bother watching my language. I really don't see a problem with using the words myself though. They're just words. Sure, they aren't the most intelligent or sophisticated words to use, but they're still just words.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    It is increasing (not just on the internet, mind you), but I still don't find it acceptable (in any situation).

Why? I dunno. I use imitation swear words; darn and dammit instead of ****. Shoot instead of ****. Etc. Works just as well. :\
    It's not increasing o_o Maybe you're just more exposed to it than you used to be. Seriously, go read a book written around, say, WWII and you'll see more cussing than you've ever known possible o.o

and dammit is the same thing as "da-mn it" so I really don't think that evades the case ^^;

But anyway... I agree with some of the above, they're just words :/ They're meant to express anger. Does "darn" get the point across nearly as well as "da-mn" does that you're really angry at something? No, not really n_n;;

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Jarman said:
    EDIT: Wow, **** (the "d" word) is autocensored. This is pathetic.
    Very.

Anywho...probably for the same reason people say them in real life. Either out of habbit or to show greater emotion in something. When people just toss it around in every other sentence they start to lose their meaning.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    The Fly said:
    Truthfully, I care little about others cursing...especially on the internet, as long as it isn't excessive. By excessive, I mean repeatedly saying it. Other than that, I am okay.

This is my opinion on curse words in general...these are just words considered taboo by society. Other than that, they are just words. There's most likely little common sense in what I am saying here, but the point is that words are just words. Whether you are saying d*** or darn, it doesn't really matter, in my opinion. The use of these words being taboo will just cause rebellion, causing young children and other immature people to use these words repeatedly. I may not be looking at the big picture, but if these words were considered less taboo and just used inappropriately, like slang in general, we wouldn't have people cursing so much. Obvious, but I'm just saying...
    Yeah, same for me. However I see myself cursing more than I used to (last school year) probably cause during summer they're isn't always a adult around to scold me, and this school year it doesn't seem to be slowing down. But hopefully my cursing goes back down.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    We need swearing in order to have this level of emphasis that we can't attain with the rest of our vocabulary. If everyone starts doing it casually, it loses its effect, and emphasis becomes inperceivable and the ENGLISH LANGUAGE COLLAPSES. IS THAT WHAT WE WANT?

Shining Lericon

Postcount isn't everything
    Years
    I think we cuss on the internet since some cuss words are all-purpose(Like the f word), plus some people(especially teenagers) think it is the thing to do, or someone might be mad at someone else.

Bam

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2005
    well i swear all the time at school and stuff and i guess i think its the same thing on the internet! (that didnt make sense! o well)

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I never swear. I would undermine my intelligence. I use crap all the time, but that's no big deal, because it's not all that major.

Back