• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Why do we have to be quiet during a fire drill? Will the fire hear us?"

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • How many of you are actually quiet durring a fire drill? How many of you actually walk in a straight line outside?

And yes. I got this from Facebook as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You're quiet, with schools at least, as not to incite panic and so the teachers can call the register and thus account for everyone.

I answer yes to both your questions, better to get it over with if it has to be done.

Years
  • One kid at my school was sleeping in class, and the alarm went off, and he jumped up and JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW. Best fire drill ever.

I was usually quiet, everyone covered their ears anyway because that damn thing was loud.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I try and be quiet, but I find it too hard to resist laughing at the people that freak out and run around the classroom screaming silly things.

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I stay quiet until we're outside, and then once we're outside I chat with any friends that are around.

As for single file lines... they have those? XD;

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • For us it's just "everyone get to the field" Who knows what will happen when we aren't quiet...

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • We got excited and noisy whenever there was a fire drill.
    In the end, the whole school got reprimanded. xD

It happens every year, trust me.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Ahem...

A few years ago....I remember when we had a fire drill. I don't know why, I was terrified. I was panicking so badly. I wanted to go home. :classic:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • once we were havin a science test when there was a fire drill :/ we had to stay in durin break to finish. stupid science teacher, all the teachers were supposed to know

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    The longer the wait, the weaker my patience and resistance to make noise.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ummm... I can only recall 2 fire drills. (Since primary school was like, forever ago.)

At high school, we just.. walked outside and our teacher was joking that one of the people in class were on fire because he didn't bother getting out of the classroom. We were all loling, but mainly because there was a real fire at the school (technically end half where it doesn't affect us, but meh) two days ago. XD

Thennn when our exams were on and we had to go to another school, basically... apparently there was a real fire (not a drill), yet noone found the fire, so.. idk. XD We were all loud and discussing what to put into our essays, since we were half way through an English exam. XD;

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
  • 2 weeks ago my school had a stupid fire drill, i had to get up from what i was doing and had to walk to the front of the school. that was really stupid

Years
  • I remember that there was once a firedrill before school started idk why but there was, and even thought most of us were on the all weather pitch (Which is covered in sand for some reason) we all had to get into straight lines and they had to take a register.

1. why would they take us away from the only part that could'nt catch fire? (the all weather pitch cos of all the sand)
    2. why were they taking a register when they didnt know who was in or not?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • No one is ever quiet durring a fire drill at my school.

Or when we have lockdown drills. Once, we had one and this kid in my class screamed so loud, the S.R.O(Student Resource Officer) came down to our room, hand-cuffed the kid and brang him to I.S.S.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • No, I don't walk in a straight line, and no, I am not quiet. I talk to anyone who's nearby. Once, We had a kid that heard the alarm, then jumped out the second story window. Tha was the best drill ever. But at the moment, they happen almost everyday. They're boring now.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    One kid at my school was sleeping in class, and the alarm went off, and he jumped up and JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW. Best fire drill ever.

Hahaha! Well, at least he had good reflexes.

In elementary and middle school, everyone had to be quiet and stay in perfect, single-file lines. Even when we were outside, if you even gave a whisper, you'd get in trouble.

In high school, no one really cares. We just walk towards the nearest exit and then end up clumping outside and talking to friends.

We have to have fire drills every month. In the first month of the school year, we have a fire drill a week.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • Gah, I remember the one time we had an actual fire at school I was taking a leak and the fire was in the classroom righhhttt next to the bathroom...

Last edited:
    Back