• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why do you like your favourite Pokemon?

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I like Tyranitar, because of it's spikes, power, and it's tendacy to learn Dragon-type moves. I've seen them to know Outrage, Dragonbreath, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Claw.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    ahhh.... marill by FAR.
    i remember when he just came out, i saw a thing about a suposed "pikablu" online,
    and i fell in love with it the first time i saw it's picture, and theni heard it could learn water AND thunder attacks, not true, but oh well, i believed it. i've tried Every fake cheat code in the book, to get "pikablu" on my blue red and yellow versions, each one of them leaving me in dissapointment=(. But There was still hope. gold and silver were still yet to come out, and i prayed to god every day, that "pikablu" would be in the game, and then, after three badges, there it was. it was the best moment of my life.
    i was so incredibly happy!! i jumped for joy!! and then i learned that it's real name is marill. i never let it evolve into azzumarill, cuz he's not as cool. i hate tracy for doing that.such an idiot. yea, and he's the best pokemon in the world!!!!!!!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    Since winter of 2000, I've loved Hitmonchan. At first I tried to deny my attraction to him... afterall, he wasn't cute like Eevee or cool like Charizard. But that little fighter just appealed to me somehow, and when I was using him in fanfics, I started liking him even more. Then I saw how beautiful he was in Stadium, and I was hooked. I like having an unpopular Pokemon as my favorite.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    I like Charizard because of the one I had in my Yellow version. I just suddenly discovered that I got angry with my Blastoise for gaining a level before him, and that I was sad to discover that Fire Pok?mon were no use against the Elite Four.

Now, I like Butterfree because it has some of my favorite attacks, and because it always helped me beat Brock on my Yellow version at first.

And Scyther... I had one on Gold, and didn't like him any more in particular than any other Pok?mon I've had on my team, but then I put a guy with a Scyther among others in my fic. Originally Scyther didn't serve much of a purpose there except being what the guy uses to threaten the main character, but I made him say a few lines, and then fell in love. I decided I couldn't leave him as a supporting character, involved him thoroughly in the dramatic climax of the chapter, and then made him come with the main character, just to keep him in.

Now he's the best character in the story by miles although readers haven't gotten to meet him much yet. So flawed, pessimistic and mentally disturbed, yet so delightfully adorable. <3 *huggles*

Years
    Don't have just one favorite, but I'll go for some of my top favorites.

The nidorans, and nidorina - I forget what it was exactly that made me start liking the nidorans, but I think part of it was me feeling pity over how they didn't seem to be as popular as other pokemon (from what I saw). Whatever it was, they soon turned into one of my favorite pokemon, with me liking the male a bit more at first. I started liking the female line more, though, after I saw the crystal version animation for the nidoran female and saw the way her whiskers twitched...eee....

Anyways, I find the nidorans to be cute, and nidorina to be rather pretty.

Furret - it was one of those "love at first sight" things, I guess. O_o When the new pokemon for gold and silver were just being shown on websites, I saw furret...and thought that it was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

Latias - similar story as above, though not quite. It's not just the cuteness factor for her, but also that I find her (and latios') design to be rather unique for a dragon. And the sounds she made in the fifth movie...oh man. I loved that. I think another reason for me liking her is that she exhibits qualities of not just a dragon, but also a bird, and I love both of those.

Quilava and Typhlosion - I always thought they were rather neat to begin with. I forget why they've become a top favorite of mine, though. n_n;;;

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
    Machop appealled to me ever since I got exposed to Pok?mon. (Yep, one of those "love at first sight" stories. :P ) For some reason, I actually associated the little fighter with fighting games I enjoyed and loved. (Street Fighter, King of Fighters, etc.) It looked so cute when it fainted in the Stadium and Collesseum games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Slowking - Look at it! It's so funky! It's one of the coolest looking Pokemon ever, and it's got some of the highest stats in the game (excluding legendaries).

Exeggcutor - Same reason in the looks department, and it's one of the strongest Grass Pokemon with a unique type combination.

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    I love Pikachu because it was the first Pokemon I had ever come to know. ^_^ It all started when I played Pokemon Yellow, I had borrowed it from my cousin, so naturally, Pikachu was the first Pokemon I had seen.

Since then, I have grown to love that little electric rodent. ^_^
    *huggles a Pikachu*

~Kelsey

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Dragonite ^^
    I first saw dragonite during the Pokemon Pinball game when i was fortunate to catch this little blue dragon (dratini). I was then fortunate to see it evolve into a dragonair and into dragonite ^^ I loved how cute it looked, and its summary regarding its intelligence etc..the most beautiful and incredibly pokemon in my opinion <3

HoundoomTrainer

Me>You?
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    1) Houndoom-Let's see... I've been playing since RB, and there were these "PokeGods" named Doomsay and Doomsday. So I imagined them to be either like a hellhound or a really big ugly monster thingy. >_> Anyway, when G/S came out, and I saw Houndour I was like, "WHOA WTF!?!" And so I caught it near Celadon. ^_^ And then when it evolved, my stomach dropped and I O.O! Hellhound Pokemon with Fire/Dark characteristics and I used it as a Sunnybeamer in GSC. ^_____________________^

2) Nidoking-Fierce and poisonous sob who can crush his prey with his tail and then eats their remains. :D Awesome Moveset in 3rd Gen.

3) Kabutops-It's adapted to both land and sea, and cuts its prey while drinking their bodily fluids. :)

4) Scizor-Itis red and black, and just plain wicked looking... has sharp claws and one weakness. Give it Agility and HP Ground and you're all set. :D Too bad it doesn't learn EQ.

-HT

Skarmory469

I r t3h 1337skar
    Years
    Skarmory because it's a big metal bird, and everyone hates it because it's one half of Skarmbliss and has no attacks to speak of >.>

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Uh... Pikachu... well it's adorable and also strong [I love Slam, Body Slam, and Thunder... aesthetics of attacking... ahhhh...] if you train it well. Also, Pikachu is what attracted me to Pokemon when I tested the anime. ^_~

Swampert: Water types are elegant and artistic and beautiful, and I started with Mudkip [tradition to start with water], also its Earthquake is cool. !)

Masquerain: Check the card. So... groovy... and it looks cool. I love those wings. It's also graceful and elegant.

Swellow: I love my RS Swellow. Strong and Fly helps. ^_~

Kyogre: Yes, so what if it's a legendary? It's water type, strong, and reminds me of a whale. Which is why I like Mantine. :-)

Latias: It's gentle but strong, and it's supposed to be a girl. XD ^_^ lolz... and it's got pretty covering. Yay Latias! XD

Scizor - My Crystal Version Scizor loves me and is strong. It's also a cool Pokemon.

Eevee: So many options! Also it's cute.

Vaporeon: It's elegant, mermaid-ish, pretty, and a Water-type.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    These are my top 4 pok?mon, in no order (except Gardevoir being first :P)

Gardevoir: When I saw the new pok?mon for RS, Gardevoir stood out to me most. As Lady Machoke put it, i knew that this pok?mon was right for me as soon as I saw it. ^_^

Sneasel: Well, my like for Sneasel is mainly because it's the perfect theif pok?mon. It's fast, silent, deadly and a dark-type. Plus it learns not only Slash (one of my favorite moves), but it learns Ice-type moves! :)

Absol: Absol is THE chaos pok?mon. (My nice little variation on the word 'disaster', since chaos sounds much better. :P) When I saw the new RS Pok?mon, this was the 2nd I decided I wanted (after Gardevoir of course).

Espeon/Umbreon: Well, these 2 eeveelutions were my favorite 2 pok?mon when GS was released, and main reason for that probably is because they are like Day and Night, or Light and Dark, two halves to my personality. ^_^

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
    Espeon - Cause it's the kind of Pokemon that's the "Quiet & Knowledgeable " sort which I find interesting.

Absol - The Pokemon version of me XD Its nature reminds me of my personality

Charizard - The "Strong & Slient" Pokemon. Cool moves and a generally cool Pokemon.

Water Pokemon - They all remind me to just go with the flow ^.^

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    Armaldo - Cause I said so, and because it beat up so many popular Pokemon like the starters, and mine combined with Ninjask beats all forms of legend.

Ninjask - Dude! Fastest Pokemon alive!

Tyranitar - Favourite GSC Pokemon, amazing stats, looks and is very popular.

Back