• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does america get all the good stuff?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    Well I live in Alabama in the Us. If you are from a different country and dont know how far it away from any of the event carrying states then I suggest you go look at a State Map.

Most events are held in New York and I think California

They would still take days to drive to there. The plane tickets would be outrageous. The only people that benefiet from the events are People who live in those cities, or states at the very least. Pisses me off too. I live in a country that has these events often, and have been playing Pokemon Since Blue and I only have gotten the Mew in Blue that was like ten years ago.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
  • It probably has something to do about how much money they will make. The US has the third highest population in the world, and people in the US generally have some extra cash to spend. Lots of people + extra cash = customers. Customers = $$$, and Nintendo is a business, after all.

The UK and Australia, on the other hand, may have the money but not as many people. Linky. And the reason Nintendo does a lot of events in Japan is because it is cheap (Nintendo is based in Japan). That is my theory.

You could just trade via WiFi to get events.

Deeje

Pokemon Breeder from Aus
    Years
  • Lets discuss, if Nintendo wont release events to other countries, why release the games there?
    Or, at least give the OK to use a cheat device, or whole countires/continents miss out Ie Australia

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Lets discuss, if Nintendo wont release events to other countries, why release the games there?
    Or, at least give the OK to use a cheat device, or whole countires/continents miss out Ie Australia

Who's stopping you from using a cheat device?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Who's stopping you from using a cheat device?

If you use a cheating device everyone calls you 'TeH H4x0rZ' and you know, anyway cheating devices can mess up your game! I wish they would understand that everyone wants Pokemon like Arceus/Mew, but only ceirtan places can get them?! UNFAIR!!

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • Well when someone dogs on you for having Darkrai, pull out the Australia/Europe/ wherever card and shove it in their face. That'll shut 'em up.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
  • It's not much better here in America than it is in some of your countries. All the events I've been aware of were held in New York City, spare one. But it's not really socially acceptable for a teenager to go to Toys R Us for a gameboy event. Thus, no one drives me. Maybe there've been some events in Chicago, but then again, knowing my family, they'd make me ride my bike there all the way from Milwaukee. :/ My own mother asks me every day she see's me with some pokemon thing when I'll grow out of it. It's just as hard for some of us to get there.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Simply put: World Power

It originated in Japan, so bam that's always number 1
    Then they work there way to the countries and such that may recieve the highest amount of money.

Seriously, you get a choice, america, or europe, they are always going america. $$$ dolla dolla bills yall

Americans are, I believe, also their biggest partner. Europe and Aussie are just lower on the list.

Years
  • Here in England, I don't think we've EVER had a good Pokemon event. There was teh 10th anniversary event but the Pokemon you could get from that were crap anyway. Who the hell wants a Pikachu when you can just get one in game anyway? Yet in America, there's been LOADS of events! They've had an event for pretty much every single event pokemon there is! And what do we get? NOTHING.

I'm starting to think Nintendo hates Europe or something. =/

They dont hate us.

We just dont buy enough pokemon for them to think we care about events.

But we do, e-mail Nintendo if your not happy.

Back