• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everyone believe that a remake of Pokemon Yellow will come out?

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
Years
  • I've heard a lot of people say that Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company should do a remake of Yellow and are hoping on doing so.
    Why's this? Didn't they know that they already remade Gen 1 and there's no need for a yellow?

I just think that's it's pretty stupid that people are believing that there's a chance on it happening.

Guys, your thoughts?

Also if they were to remake one, it would be Gen 3 most likely
    Emerald.

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I've heard a lot of people say that Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company should do a remake of Yellow and are hoping on doing so.
    Why's this? Didn't they know that they already remade Gen 1 and there's no need for a yellow?

I just think that's it's pretty stupid that people are believing that there's a chance on it happening.

Guys, your thoughts?

Also if they were to remake one, it would be Gen 3 most likely
    Emerald.

Lol I doubt they would release an all new game for GBA so dream on for that part.

The reason people want Yellow remake over Red/Green is because that Pikachu follows you and probably their first game.

If you catch/get Pikachu for HG/SS you can do just that. I think that they should bring back a lot of the features from HG/SS to Gen V.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Actually, I wouldn't mind them coming out with a 2nd remake because they technically ruined (not literally) Fire Red and Leaf Green. They didn't add the day and night system which is why they should remake it. Also people want to replay the game where Pikachu followed you and getting all 3 starters. They shouldn't just remake Yellow they should add a ton of stuff like they did in FR/LG. I know this is not gonna happen but they should make a game where you start off in Kanto and your Pokemon in first slot follows you, and you get to explore Johto and Hoenn. I think the rest shouldn't be added because that would make it probably impossible. But in the game all 3 regions have different storylines and different trainers and different Pokemon for gym leaders. I think that would be sick if they could do that. Idk about you guys but I want them to make that game.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Lol I doubt they would release an all new game for GBA so dream on for that part.

If you catch/get Pikachu for HG/SS you can do just that. I think that they should bring back a lot of the features from HG/SS to Gen V.

No, that's not what I was saying. (Must've been my wording)
    Of course there's no way of them remaking a game for a handheld that's 2 generations out of date and discontinued.
    I was mostly meaning on a handheld such
    as the 3DS.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Actually, I wouldn't mind them coming out with a 2nd remake because they technically ruined (not literally) Fire Red and Leaf Green. They didn't add the day and night system which is why they should remake it. Also people want to replay the game where Pikachu followed you and getting all 3 starters. They shouldn't just remake Yellow they should add a ton of stuff like they did in FR/LG. I know this is not gonna happen but they should make a game where you start off in Kanto and your Pokemon in first slot follows you, and you get to explore Johto and Hoenn. I think the rest shouldn't be added because that would make it probably impossible. But in the game all 3 regions have different storylines and different trainers and different Pokemon for gym leaders. I think that would be sick if they could do that. Idk about you guys but I want them to make that game.

Not to say it wouldn't be awesome to have old games be a lot better BUT I want new content not recycled content :(.

No, that's not what I was saying. (Must've been my wording)
    Of course there's no way of them remaking a game for a handheld that's 2 generations out of date and discontinued.
    I was mostly meaning on a handheld such
    as the 3DS.

OH I see what you meant now - well I am still not sure if they would or not.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • They remade Blue/Red/Green, not yellow. Plus that was during the GBA era. People want to see a gen I game with Ds/3Ds (most likely the latter) graphics. Let people think that it's happening, what harm is it doing? And tbh a lot of people, including myself, would love to see Pokemon Yellow remade and on the 3Ds.

That's not the same as getting the game remade. People want the yellow exclusive features like playing as Ash, being able to get Pikachu as your starter getting all 3 starters etc.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    That's not the same as getting the game remade. People want the yellow exclusive features like playing as Ash, being able to get Pikachu as your starter getting all 3 starters etc.

I hate to be blunt but Nintendo is not just going to make a brand new flipping game over a small minority of people who miss the old GB/GBC days.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • @Skitty1. Where are you getting recycled from when I said they should make a new storyline? The game would be completely different than yellow, G/S/C, and R/S/E. I'm thinking about doing it myself with a ROM hack. The only problem is that I'm not really that experienced with ROM hacking and I don't think it's possible for a Pokemon to follow you in a ROM hack. I would update the graphics though. I'd put HG/SS and D/P/PT tiles for the maps so it would look "more updated". This probably won't happen because I doubt anybody would help me with this lol.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • Or they could just 'get with the times' and do a HD Remake and tweak a few things, Ie: Moves, locations, ect.
    That could please some fans. Put on Nintendo's eShop.

But it would be hard to make an 8-Bit game HD. :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I hate to be blunt but Nintendo is not just going to make a brand new flipping game over a small minority of people who miss the old GB/GBC days.

Small minority? Try basically the whole fandom. There's no doubt that everyone would go hyper if this game was announced. It would so brilliantly sales-wise because no matter how you put, people will always be nostalgic about the rby days.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    ^Still I think it would be a very bad move for Nintendo to start taking orders from fans - look at what happened to COD. People need to remember that they are not the boss ultimately...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • I find it weird that everyone believes RSE remakes are coming.
    Not that everyone wants to buy and play them, but that they will come out.

A yellow remake sounds even worse but meh.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Actually, I wouldn't mind them coming out with a 2nd remake because they technically ruined (not literally) Fire Red and Leaf Green. They didn't add the day and night system which is why they should remake it. Also people want to replay the game where Pikachu followed you and getting all 3 starters. They shouldn't just remake Yellow they should add a ton of stuff like they did in FR/LG. I know this is not gonna happen but they should make a game where you start off in Kanto and your Pokemon in first slot follows you, and you get to explore Johto and Hoenn. I think the rest shouldn't be added because that would make it probably impossible. But in the game all 3 regions have different storylines and different trainers and different Pokemon for gym leaders. I think that would be sick if they could do that. Idk about you guys but I want them to make that game.

Just commenting on the bold part. Day/Night wasn't incorperated because it wasn't part of the original game. The Remakes are litterally recycled versions of the older games. The only key difference is that they have updated Stat, Attack, and ability information as well as Updated Graphics. That's the whole point to a remake is just to update an older game.

As for personal opinion, I think it would be cute if they made more Anime specific games, maybe even go as far as to keeping Red and just travelling through the other regions with him like he did in the Anime, keeping Pikachu through out the games. Not likely to happen, but I think its a cute idea.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    Small minority? Try basically the whole fandom. There's no doubt that everyone would go hyper if this game was announced. It would so brilliantly sales-wise because no matter how you put, people will always be nostalgic about the rby days.

I doubt it. I've found most people hate Kanto because it was in RBE, GSC, FR/LG, and HG/SS. And many say they hope to never see Kanto again.

Besides, the biggest feature of Yellow was simply the Pikachu following you. That's it. Sure, you could get the other starters like Ash, but that was it. No major difference in Red/Green/Blue. So I see no reason why they would remake Yellow when it wasn't much different from the ones already remade when its main feature was basically the Spiky eared Pichu of that time.

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Ya if you get passed the cool Pikachu following you thing that is really the best selling point but otherwise I am not sure how well it would do.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Kanto again? I don't think so.

I personally don't believe this will happen because the only differences from Red & Blue was the fact that Pikachu could follow you and the game was slightly harder, we've got all that in HGSS and the only reason why people believe this may happen is because it hasn't got a remake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yellow was a special edition, indeed named 'Special Pikachu Edition' in Japan, made purely to capitalise on the popularity of the then-new animation series, which its additional features mimic (setup of starters; Rocket duo; etc.). It would not be profitable for the reasons it originally was made to exploit nowadays, which is to say Game Freak will instead make other Pokemon games that are more profitable on the current market.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The problem with a Yellow remake is that Yellow was Game Freak's reaction to fans being incredibly dumb. (They accused Red/Blue of not being faithful to the anime. ...Yeah. That many people did it.)

It was never really meant to happen.

However, a Gen 1 remake is inevitable. I just doubt it'll be a Yellow remake, although a remake where pokemon follow you not unlike Pikachu or a remake with certain yellow elements is not implausible. (The anime references will most likely not be there, such as Jessie & James) We've already gone 2 major system upgrades (GBA --> DS and DS --> 3DS) since the last Gen 1 game. Gen 3 is only minorly more likely to get remade on the basis that it hasn't been remade before.

Back