• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does everyone believe that a remake of Pokemon Yellow will come out?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My GOD. I hate these topics. No more Kanto. No more. At this rate with how many people are like "ermergherd we need yeller remakes" I'm ready to jump off a cliff. Or better yet, I'll jump off Mt. Moon. That way they can say Kanto killed me. If you want an updated Yellow, you can pop in HGSS, get a Pikachu and put it in the first slot, and walk around in Kanto. BAM. Yes, I'm quite sour on this subject.

Years
    I've never heard of a yellow remake tbh. :/

It does sound like a stupid idea, but I think it would sell. No matter how stupid, people still love the nostalgia, and with new features and updated graphics, any remake could essentially make it big in my opinion.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I hate it when people dismiss these kind of ideas as "stupid" and say things like "OMIGOD NO MOAR KANTO PLZ".

Game Freak are interested in making money, not which region has appeared the most or least. A Yellow remake would have sales going through the roof, not only because of nostalgic fans, but also because of nostalgic old fans who can only remember the first 151 Pokemon and didn't play past the first games (and in this country, there are a lot of people who fall into this category).

I'd actually put my money on a Yellow remake being a top seller, be it for the DS or the 3DS.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I've heard a lot of people say that Gamefreak/The Pokemon Company should do a remake of Yellow and are hoping on doing so.
    Why's this? Didn't they know that they already remade Gen 1 and there's no need for a yellow?

I just think that's it's pretty stupid that people are believing that there's a chance on it happening.

Guys, your thoughts?

Also if they were to remake one, it would be Gen 3 most likely
    Emerald.

I wonder why people think the exact same thing of Ruby/Sapphire, even speak of it as though they know it's going to happen. The first and second gens had very obsolete graphics that's the main thing that made their remakes a big deal. Today's far more superior and rich graphics enhance them a lot.
    The current Ruby/Sapphire are fine. I don't see why we need remakes of them.

A yellow remake being of the first gen would be great although I think the second gen remakes made up for that by giving it the pokemon following you feature instead.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    To tell the truth, I think we won't have any remakes anymore. Seriously. And if we had a remake, it would be a RSE remake, not one of the Yellow Version.

Back