• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why does Geodude float

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You do realise that we're talking about Pokémon here, right? Pokémon, as in creatures that humans can have complete control over so long as they capture the Pokémon with a red and white sphere? These beasts are pitted against each other in battle thanks to their trainers' will and they don't object no matter how bad the injuries could be. In the world of Pokémon, it is the law that a ten year old child could travel across all the regions alone, meeting strangers on the way and challenging them to Pokémon battles. In the Pokémon universe, a lot of things don't add up and you want a logical explanation for an event that shouldn't have happened because rocks don't float on water? So long as you realise that we're talking about an anime which doesn't add up in a lot of places, I'm okay with answering and not ridiculing you. Then again, the paragraph you're reading is written by someone who posted this. Reading over that thread made me realise that I can't make fun of you for asking such a crazy question.

My theory would be that Geodude is much lighter than its evolutions. It can walk up mountains using just its arms, correct? Well, that wouldn't be too hard if there was hardly any weight upon the Pokémon in question, would it? I'm pretty sure we've all seen trainers in the anime pick up their fainted Pokémon and reassure them that they did great in the Pokémon battle even though they lost and Geodude is no exception. Maybe the rock is hollow, I don't know. All I know is that Geodude floats on water and we can question as to why for as long as we can wonder about whether or not religion is real.

Wow, I just wrote two paragraphs in order to explain why a Geodude floats on water. I really need to get a life.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • Geez! You people don't know how to have fun! Use a little imagination and pretend! I made a similar thread on another forum where I asked others for a fun answer. They replied with logic. Stop it!

Anyways, Geodude is held up by strings like a marionette. Either that or it has invisible, tiny, rock wings that flap at inconceivably fast rates.

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
    Years
  • I think it floats because it eats certain minerals and they are oppose the minerals in the ground, so they magnetically push apart. On this note, if you bring a Geodude somewhere where there isn't a lot of magnetic push it will float lower/not be able to float.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • hes a representation of a comet...or maybe a planet, forsure a planet

I think it floats because it eats certain minerals and they are oppose the minerals in the ground, so they magnetically push apart. On this note, if you bring a Geodude somewhere where there isn't a lot of magnetic push it will float lower/not be able to float.

Err... guys? This thread is nearly five years old. Lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back