• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Why does this happen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    Ok let me say this is my third time posting this, first time it was closed and said use the quick questions thread and i did not get an answer, so please dont close this thread.
    Hi, so i play pkmon ORAS, i finished the game and want to use P.P.S but i cant because each time that i connect what happens is that after 2 minutes or so it would say communication with the server has been interrupted and i have to reconnect and repeat.
    i cant even battle or use GTS at ALL so all i can do is WT, Reconnect and wait a while, if u know the answer or u know any1 that knows please tell me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It could be that you need to sit closer to your router or that the security settings aren't properly configured in your 3DS or something. You could also try resetting your router (all ya gotta do is unplug it then plug it back in and wait a couple of minutes), that's usually what I do when my 3DS is having trouble connecting to the internet.

Though sometimes I think it's just Nintendo and 3DSs suck at the internet.

You could also try asking in the Computers&Technology section for help as well, they'd probably know more about this stuff.

Years
    I kinda did have the same problem. The solution was that I should not be sharing wifi with some other device. I asked my roommate to turn off his laptop and cellphone wifi then I was able to connect to GTS without being interrupted. However, I do not guarantee fixing your problem. Worth a try though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    You might have already tried this but what I would do first is make sure your PC/laptop/mobile or any other device connected to your router is fully connected to the internet and just go to Google website to see if you can access web pages (I always use Google as a test for connections) and then try your 3DS browser, if you still have problems turn off your router for a few minutes and then turn it back on and try that step again, if you still have problems, check your security settings on your 3ds and make sure everything is correct and always test connection.

Then see how many devices you have connected to the router and if you have more than 4 connected at once (that's my recommendation, it depends on what your router says, some say 6 others says 8 but most say 4) then try and cut down the number if you don't need them. If you still have problems with your 3DS then it might be something wrong with it or someone else might have a answer but I hope this helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back