• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen why isn't aerodactyl considered a dragon pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    why isn't aerodactyl considered a dragon pokemon its been on Lance's team since the original red and blue games and in fire red and leaf green if u go to pewter city and u talk to an old man right by the aerodactyl exhibit he'll say he's lucky to see the bones of a dragon
    but after all that aerodactyl is considered a rock/flying type shouldn't they change it to a dragon type?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's the same thing with Gyarados. A Water/Flying type that is more Dragon-esque. For some strange reason, it was thought better to have Aerodactyl be a Rock/Flying. I don't know about anyone else, but I rather like the Rock/Flying typing. It fits Aerodactyl better.

The Water/Flying that Gyarados is... It just makes me sad. ;-; The evolution of one of my favorite Pokés gets a 4x weakness to Electric.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    no way man

Aerodactyl should be a rock/dragon type it would be awesome u could have besides it would still be able to learn attacks like wing attack because it has wings
    yeah rock/dragon is a lot better

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Aerodactyl is more on the dinosaur side so Rock/Flying. It is just like Gyarados with a dragon gene. It is similar but not the full 100% precent.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Dinosaurs and Sea Serpents are NOT Dragons. That is why they aren't classified as such.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
  • Meh, I thought Dragons had scales? So um, I believe dinosaurs are considered dragons or reptilic, like Dragons are. But that's my say. Ignore the pitiful little person that is talking which is me.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    the reason dratini and dragoniair r considered dragons is because they evolve to dragonite the most powerful dragon in pokemon
    and have u noticed that they have part of the word dragon in there name

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    Yeah I See Your Point

I See Your Point But U Still Can't Forget That Lance Uses It And He Uses Strictly Dragon Pokemon Except For Gyrados But Who Cares About Gyrados Its Retarted I Know I'm Losing This War Anyways But In My Opinion It Should Still Be A Dragon/rock

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    i get the point that its rock but for flying scizor has wings and it is considered bug/steel
    and venomoth has wings and it is considered bug/poison

Grand:::Master:-:420

The Ultimate Trainer(TUT)
    Years
  • Yes but there styles, attackes, weaknesses all contribute to him being steel and bug.syther is bug so he had to be a bug type and he woundnt be the type of pokemon to know fly.

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    what about blazeikin its part bird buts its not considerd a part flying

adeebsworld

dragon pokemon collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    at this point i get the idea of it being flying ( i have the entire time) but dont u think it could be part dragon i mean i get the flying type it even learns wing attack but dont u think it could be part dragon?

Grand:::Master:-:420

The Ultimate Trainer(TUT)
    Years
  • Yes but once again if you look at the position that the game creaters are in it would not make sense to make it flyng seeing how the second evolution does not have a trace of flying

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back