• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pikachu???

SilencedShooter

Revenga
    Years
    No Why exsactly do you think the show makers chose pikachu instted of some other pokemon and why not make it evolve?

It's better just to not question the writers. Sometimes I think if we think to hard about things that don't make sense, the whole pokemon world will come tumbling down.

And a lot of things in the anime don't make sense.

pokenaruto

Prefect=Pokenaruto
    Years
    It's better just to not question the writers. Sometimes I think if we think to hard about things that don't make sense, the whole pokemon world will come tumbling down.

And a lot of things in the anime don't make sense.
    It Would not end but maybe they dont want to tell thx!
    Because he is cute and easy to market to liitle kids.
    They were just thing about making some caaash!
    Yeah i need cash to make a site like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    But now don't the three starters feel alienated?
    How could the three starters be alienated? o_O Ash and May both had Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and Charizard made many reappearances even after it left to train. They had many times to shine. Each one was showcased multiple times.

Unless, of course, you're talking about Hoenn, where Mudkip was left to rot in a Pokeball thanks to Brock, while Torchic, Treecko, and their evolutions were shown. But the reasoning for the writers to give Pikachu to Ash was thought up of way before Hoenn was even planned. The Kanto starters and the Johto starters had their chances, especially the Kanto ones.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Magikarp should be the pokemon face...but yeah, pikachu is the face of pokemon for one reason...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pokenaruto

Prefect=Pokenaruto
    Years
    Because someone bribed Nintendo with $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to make pikachu the star instead of ODDISH! ^.^
    ODDISH?!Man What Is Wrong With People?!

You sir, are a genious. A trainer likes Ash deserves a Magikarp as a starter.
    Yeah He Like SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    You sir, are a genious. A trainer likes Ash deserves a Magikarp as a starter.

no trainer deserves a Magikarp, a Bellsprout maybe but not a Magikarp.

Yeah He Like SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ash doesn't suck, someone that sucked wouldn't have gotten all of the badges and Pokemon

:t354:TG

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Really, magikarp would make a better trainer than Ash...they have a lot in common, like failing at life. Pikachu is just Ash's slave...poor little pika...it is forced to suck at battling...

Anyways, money is behind it. Nintendo probably figured pika-power would make them loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so they picked it. Squirtle is more appeakling tom ost, I've found.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    Pikachus can be strong, I guess. You just have to give it macho brace and concentrate on EVs and give it Proteins and stuff. Also, they can know volt tackle if bred properly. (Volt tackle rules.) But it gets stronger when evolved, and wild ones are pathetic.

that made me lol like crazy, piak hasn't been able to use volt tackle competetivly since its now pysical so its generaly worthless on pika now

pokenaruto

Prefect=Pokenaruto
    Years
    no trainer deserves a Magikarp, a Bellsprout maybe but not a Magikarp.

Ash doesn't suck, someone that sucked wouldn't have gotten all of the badges and Pokemon

:t354:TG
    [AGELIMIT]Noone that doesnt understand.He may have gotten all the badges But He NEVERWon a leage that is more 1 elite four is more than 8 badges.

Now He SUCKS!!!

if you dont think that way dont quote this.[/AGELIMIT]

Back