• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pokemon is NOT Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    I don't grasp any concept or use of this thread...

I fail to see why connecting Pokemon to Christianity is any necessary... And I seriously doubt that Pokemon is connected to the evil forces of which we know not. How can something as fictional as Pokemon be applied in our world? Nevertheless, most videogames/TV shows/ stroylines are stereotyped under 'satanic influence'. But something like this? I've seen countless thread with similar topics and all lead to nothing... alongside with that I've also seen cultural groups dishing it out with fan groups over this.

The point is, the people with similar opinions like this either hates this strategie based game and its overrated characters that they want to persuade people that its evil OR they have religious issues that need to be taken care off (with its false propagand of course.). Heck, they might even see that Ghost/Dark/Psychic types are under the control of some sinister being. Well, it's completely, and utterly stupid.

It's too trivial for people to want to hate Pokemon for what they see it as. Its a damn fiction, and its DAMN FUN. It cannot be related with evil or anything of that sort... That story is nonsense...

And for the story? Honestly I would think the kid has some mental predicament or something...

Trust me and anyone who disagrees to the issue at hand... ITS NONSENSE TO THINK POKEMON IS EVIL.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    the heck?
    if ever someone says that to me, they'll never see the next dawn in their lives! >:O

anyways, I like how you explain that PKMN is good, sparks imagination and can even lead to other kids to be friends. :)

yah, the good times~

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Pokemon IS EVIL. It stole my money in the game corner! ;_; xD
    Though I'd give my opinion about this. =]

I've always found these portrayals rather funny when I first heard of it. It seems ridiculous sometimes how some things end up being made to seem "evil" as a result of someone higher up's opinion, especially when the thing in question is directed at kids, fiction and has some mild adaptation of a larger form of controversy (in this case, evolution).

Evil was actually a part of the discussion that we had at this extension class at school. Of course, we concluded that the evil is opinionated and will vary from each person's perspective on the situation, since you can't exactly define evil and be consistent with your view. I.e. There's always an argument for something to be good or something to be evil. But I digress. Like Capt. Couch said, Pokemon is just one of the few things that have been considered "evil" just because it has disagrees with the religious view of creationism. Don't get me wrong, I fully respect the religious point of view to the creation-evolution controversy, but I don't like it when they start labeling things such as they have here. I certainly don't see Pokemon as evil, but I can understand how some people could.

But that story made me laugh quite a bit btw. :D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ugh too many 20 lined posts(exaggeration btw)! I think it has to do with
    If aint made by god or isnt explained by god for example evolution(this here is ******** i mean how the hell do you explain bones of our ancestors an extinct human race?) or magic parhaps is the most common example seeing as witchcraft and the such is the work of the devil. So yeah if it cant connect to god its evil. (so wait i play pokemon listen to metal and I dont go to church. Im evi?!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    1) Channeler is not a Pokemon.
    2) There will always be some stories out there. There's always going to be some crazy kid who gets too obsessed about a show and makes a deadly mistake. How about the kid who buried himself because of Naruto? Now, Naruto's evil? No, it was the kid's choice. For the majority, Pokemon is just a neat little hobby for kids and maybe even a portion of the older groups.

Years
    Pokemon is worse than GTA.
    Think about it:
    You, along with the rest of the world, ENSLAVE creatures of nature, wander around natural environments slaughtering other creatures (thus upseting the ecology of that environment), force them to FIGHT each other to near DEATH, STEAL the money of the loser slave master and focus your whole life on enslaving and controlling every single type of creature out there. And all of this is considered Okay. In fact, it's promoted.
    They drill this mentality into kids from childhood, sending them out to start their own slave collection at eleven years old.
    As for the Gods of these dear creatures, you can capture and enslave those as well, promptly proving them to be inferior and filling the hearts and beliefs of the creatures with despair, driving them to the point where they're so grief-stricken and traumatised that they think they like their master.

Frankly, I'm surprised the Church isn't supporting Pokemon. It promotes what they've been doing for centuries.

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Pokemon is evil, they stole my money and never gave me a Charizard.

Pokemon is evil. Have you ever seen the way Pikachu and Ash treated Team Rocket?

The church is evil. To come up with that story.

Seriously, though, it makes me laugh knowing some people are still passing around stories like that. Whoever said this is new- this isn't new. These stories of Pokemon "being evil" have been going around since Pokemon was introduced to the USA (and most other countries, for that matter). I've heard many reasons. My own church swore up and down that they were little devils, corrupting the mind of children everywhere. Pokemon isn't evil. Some people compare it to dog fighting or rooster fighting. That, to me, is very insensitive to the dogs and roosters going through that. The difference between real animals and Pokemon is that the Pokemon choose to battle. Charizard proved that. Meowth also did, technically. Since, he spoke and all. Since he could speak "human" it would be very easy for him to say to Jesse and James "Fight your own battles." But, he never did. I don't know, man. I think anything that contradicts their religion is a threat to them.

And, don't say that I'm bashing religious folk. I'm catholic. ;)

FYI, the evolution in Pokemon is often compared to (by religious fanatics) the evolution theory that man evolved from ape. Which is why so many Christains are offended by it.

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years
    Pokemon is worse than GTA.
    Think about it:
    You, along with the rest of the world, ENSLAVE creatures of nature, wander around natural environments slaughtering other creatures (thus upseting the ecology of that environment), force them to FIGHT each other to near DEATH, STEAL the money of the loser slave master and focus your whole life on enslaving and controlling every single type of creature out there. And all of this is considered Okay. In fact, it's promoted.
    They drill this mentality into kids from childhood, sending them out to start their own slave collection at eleven years old.
    As for the Gods of these dear creatures, you can capture and enslave those as well, promptly proving them to be inferior and filling the hearts and beliefs of the creatures with despair, driving them to the point where they're so grief-stricken and traumatised that they think they like their master.

Dear me, the way you speak is as if you know nothing of pokemon. I'm just looking at a reply full of descriptive prejudice with no evidences supported.

I'm not gonna argue about Pokemon versus GTA, because that is just a perception.

What i'm gonna say is that pokemon does not have violence. If you did equate pokemon battles to virtual cockfight and training them with insincerity, then i suggest that you look at www.kimsites.net/pokemon. This site will help you gain more knowledge about pokemon.

If you think I'm wrong, you might wanna reconsider, because this site has nothing got to do with pokemon information but advoncating for pokemon and allowing people to know more about pokemon instead of making blind prejudice. (Don't think you know much about pokemon yet, I was once like you, thinking that pokmon battles equate to virtual cockfight, but this site proved my ignorance about their "ethics")

Last edited:
    Years
    Dear me, the way you speak is as if you know nothing of pokemon. I'm just looking at a reply full of descriptive prejudice with no evidences supported.

I'm not gonna argue about Pokemon versus GTA, because that is just a perception.

What i'm gonna say is that pokemon does not have violence. If you did equate pokemon battles to virtual cockfight and training them with insincerity, then i suggest that you look at www.kimsites.net/pokemon. This site will help you gain more knowledge about pokemon.

If you think I'm wrong, you might wanna reconsider, because this site has nothing got to do with pokemon information but advoncating for pokemon and allowing people to know more about pokemon instead of making blind prejudice. (Don't think you know much about pokemon yet, I was once like you, thinking that pokmon battles equate to virtual cockfight, but this site proved my ignorance about their "ethics")

You are allowed to treat Pokemon without a care in the world actually. Cheap, effective but nasty medicine is available for you to be efficient without having to worry about your Pokemon's feelings. Moves like Explosion and Selfdestruct mean you can sacrifice your Pokemon to deal a huge blow, moves like Take Down and Double-Edge are powerful but hurt your Pokemon in the process, but do you care? Why? They're powerful and useful moves, what does it matter if the Pokemon get hurt if you're the winner at the end?

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    You are allowed to treat Pokemon without a care in the world actually. Cheap, effective but nasty medicine is available for you to be efficient without having to worry about your Pokemon's feelings. Moves like Explosion and Selfdestruct mean you can sacrifice your Pokemon to deal a huge blow, moves like Take Down and Double-Edge are powerful but hurt your Pokemon in the process, but do you care? Why? They're powerful and useful moves, what does it matter if the Pokemon get hurt if you're the winner at the end?

I kinda agree...one can see it like that. Although they say Pokemon are friends they treat their opponents very bad and sometimes even their own...but for some reason Pokemon like that. Or at least like fighting.

Hmm...as far as I remember, we didn't have such...errm...how to say this without being mean...strange belivers in my country. Many thought Pokemon was bad but not for that reasons...Pokemon is satanic because of evolution, eh? They would've been laughted at if they had spread something like that in public...In fact we had TV programms about how some religious think Pokemon is evil...and they made fun of it. I mean...how possible is it that god made the world in seven days (I'm atheist by the way).
    However, it's better to ignore or laugh aqbout stuff like that insread of taking is serious.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    The evilest thing Pokémon has done to people (other than that banned Porygon episode in Season 1) is eye cancer, which you get from historical documents anyway.

Sadly, some true Christians really can get like this. These were the kind of people who decided that they'd burn the first ever scientist when his work started to disprove some bits of the bible. They want to just believe and don't want to admit that some of life hasn't been explained and that what they believe in is wrong.

Years
    That is seriously the most ridiculous story I've ever heard. Even more ridiculous than Pokemon being considered "racist" because Jynx has a black face, and acts a nurse/maid in one episode (which I guess was confused as slavery).

The evolution thing in Pokemon really bothers some people, and I don't understand why. Some of this stuff is based off of proven real life changes that organisms make. For example; Caterpie evolves into Metapod, and then evolves into Butterfree. This is based on a real caterpillar (Caterpie) turning into a cocoon (Metapod), and later coming out of the cocoon as a butterfly (Butterfree). What is so bad about that?

It's unbelievable that some target Pokemon as "evil" when there are a lot worse things in the world. I really don't understand people's logic sometimes.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I think most people who think Pokemon is evil are really just joking.
    Honestly, I don't care how little information you can do on Pokemon there is no way you could come up with that conclusion.

Ekeshum

Fan of Saturn
    Years
    Thats not what Pokemon is about at all!

Thats not what Pokemon is about! IF you don't like it, what are you even doing on this site? And Admin, I know that channelers are not Pokemon. Channelers are posessed people in the game that connect with spirits.

Last edited:
    Years
    Thats not what Pokemon is about at all!

Thats not what Pokemon is about! IF you don't like it, what are you even doing on this site? And Admin, I know that channelers are not Pokemon. Channelers are posessed people in the game that connect with spirits.

Wait hang on, you were taking me seriously?

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

Hey dear, did you read kimsites? If you did, were you answering seriously? LOL

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I was thinking that you were serious about pokemon being evil. Glad you're not. If you were, I was gonna question about how you knew that much...

There is no way to prove anything absolutely wrong, except for matters of morality and belief, and that's decided in one's own mind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back