• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why Pokemon is NOT Evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    I first saw this article years ago... Don't take anyhead into this, the people who made the site are in some kind of cult that takes the basic religion from the babtist church and disorts it to the point of making people pay fines for owning a Grinch toy. Also, what kind of Pastor uses a broadsword in church!?!?!?!

FREEHOLD IOWA- Landover Baptist Pastor, Deacon Fred used a blowtorch and a sword Sunday morning to demonstrate that Pokemon games and toys are only sugar-coated instruments of the occult and evil.

Earlier this week at Landover's Wednesday evening service, children's pastor Marty Richards told 714 kids ages 2 through 10 that Pokemon is evil and was sent to this planet under direct orders from Satan himself.
    To drive home his point, Richards burned Pokemon trading cards and video games with a blowtorch and skewered 14 plastic Pokemon action figures with a 40 inch broad sword. Richards then held the sword with all 14 pierced Pokemon figures over a charcoal grill. Richards' 5-year-old son tore the limbs and head off a Pokemon doll and spit on the dismembered carcass.
    During the demonstration, the children chanted: "Burn it. Burn it,'' and "Chop it up. Chop it up.'' "Kill them All!"
    Manufacturers of the hugely popular Pokemon products, including Nintendo and Hasbro Inc., lied openly about Pokemon's association with the occult.
    The national Christian Coalition told The Press on Friday that it fully agrees with Landover Baptist's stand against the ungodly toy industry. "Toy manufacturers are being guided by Satan's minions." One source stated, "Demons are instructing the Nintendo and Hasbro companies on how to corrupt a child's innocence and create a future army of junior Satanists that will one day rule the world!"
    "We agree with Pastor Deacon Fred, and The Landover Baptist Corporation,'' said William Barnes, a spokesman for the national Christian Coalition based in Virginia. "It's a policy issue, a church issue, and a national security issue. We know all about it. We currently fund over 15 campaigns against the Pokemon menace.''
    Pokemon, (pronounced POH-kaymahn), is short for pocket demons. The Devil loving phenomenon began in Japan over 20 years ago. A young boy summoned an evil demon to kill his entire family because they wouldn't buy him a stick of chewing gum at the supermarket. The demon came, and brought with it, other pokemons who jumped into the parents mouths while they were sleeping, and lodged themselves in their tracheas, suffocating an entire family, and setting the boy free to steal their money and buy gum.
    "The whole idea behind Pokemon is to show a child that they can become a "powerful evil force, and they don't have to listen to their parents.'' Landover occult expert, Jonathan Edwards said. "Kids look for different Pokemon demons, find them and utilize their specific powers to create chaos in the home. It can be extremely violent, and the liberal media does not want anyone to know how many families have been torn apart since this menace began. The ultimate goal for a child is to collect them, and once they've collected all of them, they can have anything they wish for. In most cases, the child wishes for complete control over his entire family. The pokemons approach in the still of night, entering the parents mouths and lodging themselves in their tracheas until they suffocate. They then scurry off quietly and return to their masters bed. When authorities arrive, they are shocked to see no evidence of foul play. They observe only a smiling child, fast asleep, surrounded by stuffed animals and 'innocent little' Pokemons."
    Deacon Fred, one of 37 co-pastors of the 125,000-member, fundamentalist-baptist church, said that his "antenna went up" over a year ago. While driving with his kids, he heard them in the back seat talking about "Abra'' and "Cadabra,'' "A chill went down my spine, and a trickle of perspiration dribbled slowly down to the small of my back!" He pulled the car over, took the Pokemon action figures from his children, placed them on the road, got back into the car and backed over them "100 times, until there was nothing left but shards of plastic." The teary eyed children watched from the roadside.
    Pastor Deacon Fred said that he doesn't see why more unsaved folks don't see the Devil's hand in this. "Three of the Pokeman characters sprouts horns!" Another concern, he said, is that children exploring a Pokemon Web site can click to other games, including "Magic: the Gathering,'' a Satanic game similar to Dungeons and Dragons.
    "It's got fancy sugar coating on it, but, underneath, it's Hell's poison,'' Pastor Deacon Fred said. Focus on the Family, the Colorado Springs-based Christian organization whose messages reach as many as 5 million people weekly via radio broadcasts, has researched Pokemon, said David Wright , project coordinator the Youth Culture Department. "What we found, is so horrifying, and so schocking, it would drive an unsaved person to the brink of insanity! Godly Christians are the only ones who can see this Satanic attack, we don't expect sinners to understand our ongoing battle with principalities that are not of this world. We do however, expect them to take us very seriously, and to submit to our (God's) authority in destroying these little beasts before they make junior Satanists out of every child on the planet!"

These guys are freaking nuts!!

The same people who burn fictional fantasy books like Harry Potter because it contains "evul witchcraft!!11", and the same people who boycott a movie that was based on a book just because a self-proclaimed atheist wrote it, even though the book is based in a complete fantasy world which is obviously fictional.

This stuff has been happening forever, and it really gives all Christians (and pretty much any organized religion) a bad name. All of the extremists seem to think that reading, playing or watching fictional books/video games/movies will somehow make people lose their faith and will make them join satanic cults. It's just a ridiculous fear mentality that has been happening for thousands of years, but now at least people have the sense to realize that it is completely untrue propaganda. I had to go to a high school filled with nut cases like this, and all these people did was spread untrue facts about subjects with no proof and cause a huge hissy fit if a movie like The Golden Compass came out. -_-

All though I do again with you, I have to say I don't like the Golden Compass. I mean they kill god? What the hell kind of a book series is that?

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I just read STR's "God's Hitlist", it says that The Chronicles of Narnia is a book series that will send you to Hell. It contains analogies to Christianity for crying out loud!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I read that thing with Shelley, I replied under Zeta. It's still under moderation, but it basically says.

It's not real, and you're applauding people who break the teachings of their religion, or what I assume to be their teachings.

Read the first one with Jezza's post if you want to know what I'm talking about.

Pokemon isn't real, it isn't evil. It's just a money-making video game, anime series, ect... from Japan. Seriously, lighten up all of you pokephobes.

But my post is slightly offensive towards religions, and I possibly got some facts wrong, but I'm just speaking my mind. I'm sorry if I offend you, because I was kind of mad when I wrote that, having someone bash one of the only things keeping me from going crazy, it will grind your gears... trust me.

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Oh gawd. That Shelly lady is a complete IDIOT\

Pokemon is one of the most popular Japanise animations or "Hentai". It concerns a group of teenage human "Pokemon-Hunters" or "Pokemaniacs" and their adventures in Pokemon-land populated by fictional creatures called Pokemen

First off Pokemon is not HENTAI. Hentai refers to sex and other obsene things. I know I've played hentai visual novels. Poke'mon is not hentai /slaps face*

These kids are on a mission to collect and "evolve" every single type of Pokemon in order to become the most feared Pokeomon-Hunter in the land. That's right: Evolve!

OMG EVOLVE. OMG It's the end of the freakin world! It's a game! That has evolution! Get over it! -_-;

An image of Picachu "Evolving", from the Pokemon TV Hentai series. Whe this show was first broadcast in Japan, many kids had violent convulsions. The Pokemon-people said it was just "epilepsy", but knowing what I know now about this show I suspect that it was demonic posession.

./slapsheadagainx100

First off that was pikachu using THUNDERSHOCK. And the eplipesy thing. Dude it's an actual disease I have epilepsy. It's a reaction to flashing lights. Like in the episode that got banned! Demonic possesion. You've got to be f*lolwut* kidding me -_-;
    You know, I almost missed it, but the more I read the more I saw it… The Pokemon books, movies and games are a way of teaching kids to accept Darwin's widely-debunked theory of Evolution.

No it's not. It's a game.

If a child can be taught that "Caterpie" can evolve into a "Metapod", then she might also be tempted to believe that Ape-like beings can evolve into **** sapiens. This is a dangerous and absurd idea, which alone would make the Pokemon products unsuitable for my niece, but was that the extent of the problem? Unfortunately, I had only begun to discover the evil of the Pokemons.

-_- Caterpie is a catepillar they go through metamorphis into a CACOON. I think they may be referring to that. ./slaps face

It seems that many of the Pokemon characters that the kids collect are themselves inspired by liberal "alternative-lifestyles" and devil-worship:

WHAT DOES POKEMON HAVE TO DO WITH THE DEVIL?! Pikachu does not have horns and a spiky tail and says 'I will eat your soul!'

Picacu: pictured above is one of the most popular Poke-men in the series. Most characters have humorous names. This character's name comes from Piko (meaning small) and "Choo", the sound one makes when sneezing. Pikachu's is uncannily similar to Disney's more wholesome "Winnie the Pooh". I wonder if Fran Posner is aware that a Japanise company is attempting to pirate her original characters?

Lady your spelling of 'Pikachu' is attrocious. And Pikachu looks nothing liek winnie the POOH it has nothing to do with winnie the POOH

Metapod: is one of the rarest and most powerful Pokemons. It is surely no coincidence that it is crescent shaped, like the crescent-moon the Muslims worship. This is burka-clad pokeman is an advert for children to turn away from Jesus Christ, as the player who can evolve the most Pokemons into Islamofascist Metapods is at an advantage.

./headesk. Again. What the hell. We all know metapod is one of the weakest friggan pokemon in the game. and it has nothing to do with the cresecent moon. At least relate the pokemon that has something to do with the friggan crescent moon. Ever heard of Cresselia lady? Guess Not. And thats religiously racist right there. And how is it to advert kids away from Jesus? It's a freakin cacoon thing -_-;

Alakazam: Spoon-bending occultist Uri Geller allegedly paid millions of dollars to have the Pokemon company include his likeness in their products. I'm sure I need not remind you of the danger of the occult - it's the fastest route to hell. Children are encouraged to study occult techniques in order to win the most game-points.

./headesk. A spoonbending occultist. Seriously? They aren't provoked to study any occult things lady! Sheesh!

Jigglypuff: The only pokeman to be "gay" and "out" - Jigglypuff's trademark move is to sing songs which entice characters into a drug-like trance of sexual debauchery. This ultra-liberal pokeman says "It's Okay to be Gay".

I didn't know JigglyPuffs song had anything to do with your friggan sexuality. For pete's sake. And it is okay to be gay. My gosh...

Craig Harris, the editor of IGN, a games review site described the Pokemon games as "More addictive than crack". Crack-cocaine is illegal in every country (except Iran), and we wouldn't give it to our kids, so why should we give them Pokemon games?

./headesk I think he didn't mean it in that sense lady. Ugh...

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2009
    Shelley the Republican

This site is purely satirical. If you read the terms and conditions of the site it says:
    "[SIZE=-1]4. You understand that by using the Web Site, including its Forums, comment pages and chats, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you feel offended by the content or parts of the content you have to leave. Str is strictly satirical, nothing on Str shall be taken seriously. If you are unable to comprehend this concept you are forbidden to view any website content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Web Site, including its Forums. [/SIZE]"

So the anti-pokemon articles are just a joke.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    *sigh*

Please go to this link on The Cave of Dragonflies, and scroll down to the section titled "Most AAP Sections". Let me quote from the page:

Well. Look at it this way... When was the last time you saw an Anti-Pokémon website?

Back in the day, there really were Anti-Pokémon sites. Pokémon haters and Pokémon fans actually sometimes encountered one another. Sites were hacked. Guestbooks were flamed.

Anti-Anti-Pokémon was born out of a perceived need to combat the Anti-Pokémon movement. I can't say precisely how necessary it was, since I wasn't around for the beginning, but at least it came to exist, and I was swept into it in 2003 as I discovered not everybody liked my favorite games. However, it's been more than five years, and I haven't seen a serious Pokémon hater who still cared since almost that long ago - and Anti-Pokémon was really in its dying throes even when I got into it. My Anti-Anti-Pokémon sections remain, but with a different flavor: they're reassurance for disheartened Pokémon fans who due to more real-life social pressures feel like they "shouldn't" like it. The Stop the Flaming club I founded is... obsolete, to be honest. And yet, Anti-Anti-Pokémon sections that act like it's still 2003 keep cropping up on new Pokémon websites, trying to combat a movement that died years ago and that I often suspect the webmasters can't really ever have gotten into contact with at all, except maybe the form of finding a link to an Anti-Pokémon website that hadn't been updated for years when they got there.

People see Anti-Anti-Pokémon sections on other Pokémon websites, read the horror stories contained within and think, "Gasp! People hate Pokémon! Of course I must help fight this invading force!" They don't exactly want to look extensively for Anti-Pokémon websites, so they don't, and thus never realize just how dead Anti-Pokémon is as they write their attempts to counter all the arguments they read about on other Anti-Anti-Pokémon sections.

Just... treat the concept of Anti-Anti-Pokémon, when you see it on sites like mine, as the relic of the past that it is instead of trying to jump on the decade-old bandwagon. If you want to write something about public misconceptions about Pokémon that are actually still relevant today, be my guest, but please don't get all militant and don't pretend that anybody who doesn't actually like Pokémon is honestly going to be reading your section.

To summarize: Nobody really goes crusading against Pokémon anymore. The super-conservative nutcases that once got all mad over Pokémon and its "satanic" messages gave up and moved on a long, long time ago, when it stopped being a huge 90's fad. They've got other things to worry about now. Like Twilight. And gay rights. And everything that comes out of Obama's mouth.

How old is that article referenced on the front page? I saw it a long time ago. I think it was later discredited as either a satire or simply a made-up story?

Honestly, having a thread called "Why Pokémon is NOT Evil" on a site called PokéCommunity Forums is like a thread called "Why Boys Are Better Than Girls" on a site called Boys Rule Girls Drool Forums. Everybody here agrees with you. Nobody here thinks Pokémon is evil. That's why we play the games and that's why we're on this site. Who exactly are you all trying to explain your points to? The anti-Pokémon conservatives that disappeared a half-decade ago who think visiting a site with "Poké" in its name is a one-way ticket to Hell, and thus, would never visit PokéCommunity in the first place?

You're fighting a war against an army that gave up and went home a long time ago. Any people out there who still seriously try to convince everyone that Pokémon is evil are a few isolated stragglers who didn't hear the order to retreat.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Did you have to add that part about hearing it in church?
    I doubt the reverend/priest/pastor told you that, directly to your face.
    It's more like some parental tales. They just say that because they don't
    want to be buying you all this pokemon crap and be financially screwed.

You're just aiming things at religion and trying to link religion to the reason why
    people think Pokemon is evil. Honestly, who would believe such a stupid and ridiculously
    shallow story. We all know Pokemon is not evil, so you don't have to post a life-lesson
    about it. Atheist or believer, these kind of stories make any type of religion look bad.
    I admit, some of these people are extreme, but no one actually is gullible enough
    to believe such blasphemy. I'm sure there are some people who don't worship
    any form of God who still think Pokemon is evil...

Also, it's just these specific people, so don't go bashing people's beliefs like Jesus or if there's a God
    or whatever. It's just certain people, and saying that kind of stuff is biased and stereo-typical.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! THAT ARTICLE WAS TOO EXTREME! PICACHU EVOLVING? HENTAI!? USED TO LURE KIDS AWAY FROM GOD!?
    O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O WTF.

Okay, This stuff is like hannah montana: 1/1 000 000 000 chance. The amount of people who are like this is diminutive and small.
    And them comparing Jesus to a Superhero? what. the. hell. Those two things shouldn't even be compared. IT'S A FREAKING COMIC BOOK.

Last edited:

BadCompany

And a miss...
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    This is exactly why Atheism is on the rise in NA and Europe...

Why would someone want to join a church that has people spewing lies like this?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    btw, has anyone posting in this thread read the Pokemon 'review' from Shelley the Republican?

For those who don't know, Shelley is basically the ultimate fascist/zealot/madman or the internets best troll.

This is gonna hurt a lot when she goes on a rampage around the USA. :t201-p::t360::t381::t201-o::t284::t011::t201-b::t282::t378::t137::t386::t258::t385::t226::t165::t122::14::latias::top::fr::os::mudkip;)::mudkip;)::cer_laugh::cer_laugh::cer_laugh::cer_laugh::cer_laugh::t201-f::t329::t201-z::t361::t360::t194:

Oh gawd. That Shelly lady is a complete IDIOT\

First off Pokemon is not HENTAI. Hentai refers to sex and other obsene things. I know I've played hentai visual novels. Poke'mon is not hentai /slaps face*

OMG EVOLVE. OMG It's the end of the freakin world! It's a game! That has evolution! Get over it! -_-;

./slapsheadagainx100

First off that was pikachu using THUNDERSHOCK. And the eplipesy thing. Dude it's an actual disease I have epilepsy. It's a reaction to flashing lights. Like in the episode that got banned! Demonic possesion. You've got to be f*lolwut* kidding me -_-;

No it's not. It's a game.

-_- Caterpie is a catepillar they go through metamorphis into a CACOON. I think they may be referring to that. ./slaps face

WHAT DOES POKEMON HAVE TO DO WITH THE DEVIL?! Pikachu does not have horns and a spiky tail and says 'I will eat your soul!'

Lady your spelling of 'Pikachu' is attrocious. And Pikachu looks nothing liek winnie the POOH it has nothing to do with winnie the POOH

./headesk. Again. What the hell. We all know metapod is one of the weakest friggan pokemon in the game. and it has nothing to do with the cresecent moon. At least relate the pokemon that has something to do with the friggan crescent moon. Ever heard of Cresselia lady? Guess Not. And thats religiously racist right there. And how is it to advert kids away from Jesus? It's a freakin cacoon thing -_-;

./headesk. A spoonbending occultist. Seriously? They aren't provoked to study any occult things lady! Sheesh!

I didn't know JigglyPuffs song had anything to do with your friggan sexuality. For pete's sake. And it is okay to be gay. My gosh...

./headesk I think he didn't mean it in that sense lady. Ugh...

Die, Shelley!:cer_evil::cer_evil::cer_evil::mudkip;)::latias::14::13::fr::kec::t175::t201-f::t265::t361::t382::t233::t201-y::t360::t381::t381::t201-o::t194::t358::t379::t251::t137::t344::t386::t258::t352::t202::t223::t352::t384::t081::t312::t280::t377::t378::t347::t347::t360::t380::t249::t227::t226::t167::t385::t267::t320::t176:

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This thread is very, very dead. Don't post in anything older than a month, okay?

Why Pokemon is NOT Evil

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back