• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    @ ktn: If the router is yours, and it's using your internet, then your neighbour shouldn't have any right to put a password on it unless you asked them to password it. If the case is that it's using their internet then you will have to ask them to change it. If it is your internet, your router and they put a password on it, tell them to remove the password or you will alert the authorities, because what they have done is illegal.

@ Dialga812: That error code is because the USB connector is conflicting with your firewall. Here's a link for more info. ~link

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    How to stop Sprint MiFi from blocking uTorrent?

I recently started using a new wifi card and now uTorrent keeps showing an error message. It says "Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you." Does anyone know how to make it recognize that the port is open?

I'm using windows xp home sp3.
    The firewall I use is NetDefender.
    The new wifi card is Sprint Novatel Wireless MiFi 2200 Mobile Hotspot.

I tried what it said in the uTorrent section of this thread https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134506 but that didn't help.

I used the firewall port scanner to check the one uTorrent says it's using and the firewall shows that it's open. Is there something I can do with the settings here? https://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9462/portforwarding.png

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    New Wireless And Old Wi-Fi Question??

Ok, I just got a new wireless connection, I had dial-up before, well now if any one could help me figure out how to use my usb wi-fi with it would be great.
    Thanks in advance!!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Well we will need to know a model and who makes it.
    Also I believe this might fit into the Wi-Fi and Router related help thread. but dont quote me on that.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    It's the aircard wireless, it just hooks into my usb port on my laptop.
    Also if some one could suggest a router to buy to work with this.

Last edited:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    For a while I have been trying to download Darkrai in my Euro Pokemon Platinum, however I reckon this is a problem with the DS.
    My home connection has the wrong security settings so I have gone to hotspots to connect. I have found viable hotspots, with good reception and Nintendo WiFi support. I'm fairly sure all information I've entered is correct.
    However, when I try to test the connection in the WiFi settings, everything appears fine at first, then the reception bars go to 0 and I fail to connect. I cannot remember the error number and can't get it at this moment, but I remember the message as being something like "You have no IP address". The IP address is set to auto, so I think I should be given one automatically or something. If I need to enter one, I don't know what it is.
    I think I remember something ages ago about some number on the bottom of my DS, however I can't see one on the DS itself, and if it's on the sticker on the bottom I'm probably screwed, seeing as that no longer exists.

For the record, I am using an Euro DS and Platinum, and my DS is an original one. I think the hotspot I was trying to connect to was provided by "The Cloud". Also, all this is in the UK.

Please could someone help, there are very few days left to download (I'm lazy I know), all help would be appreciated, and don't hesitate to tell me if I'm doing something stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Wifi on my DS just doesn't work. I've done everything I can think of including taking all security off the router and it still won't work.. so I've just given up with it.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Wifi on my DS just doesn't work. I've done everything I can think of including taking all security off the router and it still won't work.. so I've just given up with it.
    Which sort of DS do you have? Cause when I was trying to get on I saw someone using a DS Lite and it looked like they did it fine (if that's what they were doing).

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I have the DS original. I got it the day it came out in the UK :)

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    They don't. I've been to several cafe's that offer free wi-fi and it won't connect to them either.

Miria

A wild Miria appeared!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    WiFi help - I'm desperate!

Hiya... I'm not completely sure this is the right place, but I'm so sick of failed trades and I don't even dare to imagine how things are going to be once I start wanting to battle people on WiFi! I seem to be able to trade and connect fine to some people, but to most my connection actually times out and one of us gets disconnected. This happens so often I can surely say it's not a problem on their side. With the few people I can connect to, it works absolutely fine.

I'm using a Belkin N Wireless router, the firewall is turned off, I've changed the connection speed to 20MHz thinking that might be making a difference.. but it did no good.. I've also tried to check my DS details and manually put in IP adresses, gateways etc but still no improvement.

I don't know what else to do and considering buying one of those wireless USB adaptor things.. however I heard bad things about them too .. -_-'

Again, connection and trading works fine with some people, with most people it does not work at all and ends up with disconnecting either the one responding to the trade, or me if I respond to someone elses trade and tells me "failed to respond".

Adding info: I'm in the UK, strangely enough it works perfectly in the GTS in game. lol It's just when connecting to certain other people in trades etc that it wont work.. -_-' And I'm normally always next to the router, and there's no mention on the nintendo WiFi sites about my router being neither compatible nor incompatible..

Last edited:

Zetlian2-kinra

Yup, i make VIDEOS!! :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    goto www.nintendowifi.com and see if it's on the list of compatible/Usable but doesen't disconnect routers
    if it's not, buy a nintendo DS wifi USB

I have gone through the same thing as you, so the USB is the only way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    You have to make sure all the Info is put in. When you connect to your wireless router, and the test is successful, It normally should work. I would suggest re-installing your router, and try again. Then when trading try to keep as close as possible to your router.

If this doesn't work contact your manufacturer and they may help. The wifi USB isn't the best, I've always preferred normal routers to those.
    (wouldn't this thread belong in computer & technology?)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    How far away are you when you're attempting to connect to the router? Mine is weird - if I sit in my bed it can't pick up the router at all, if I stand by my door I get two signal bars, but if I stand right next to the router my DS even denies its existence. (It's a juggling act when I'm trying to battle Dx - I get the same 'failed to respond' message).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back