• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquaphyre

水が好きな人
Years
Thanks guys,

I sent my IT people at my school an email, so we'll see what happens!!

PS- I can post here when I find the answer so you two know for sure :]

Aquaphyre

水が好きな人
Years
If you have a DSL like I have it will ONLY work on WEP Keys. If it is password protected it will not works as that is a WPA password and is a diffrent type than WEP.:)

Ah, thanks, so there is nothing I can do? :[

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years

No, that's not how it works at all. The schools have certain ways of determining what's a computer and what's not. For example, to make mine work I had to go to a certain website that the IT people set up, enter my DS' mac address and a name for it, and they recognized it and it could connect to the internet.

My sister's college is the same way, as is my best friend's college - they all have internet designed so a DS can't log on, but if you talk to the IT people they have a way to get around it designed for game systems.

My college makes you open up a browser window and type in your user name and password, that's if you're not using Windows, if you are using Windows, they make you download a little program called 'Cisco clean agent' that makes sure you are running an anti virus, you must then type in your username and password in the program to get access to the network.

Every network is gonna be different.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
Ah, thanks, so there is nothing I can do? :[

The only thing you can do is get a DSi and higher liket the XL and 3DS as they support WPA but here is the catch. Diamond Pearl Platinum Heart Gold and Soul Silver do not work on WPA and the only games that do work on WPA are Black and White. If you are thinking of getting a DSi get Black and white then transfer all your data to Black and White.:)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My college makes you open up a browser window and type in your user name and password, that's if you're not using Windows, if you are using Windows, they make you download a little program called 'Cisco clean agent' that makes sure you are running an anti virus, you must then type in your username and password in the program to get access to the network.

Every network is gonna be different.

Yes. That is why my advice was to talk to the people that control the network, instead of just taking your word for it that it wasn't possible and to just give up. The way my network is set up, it is impossible for you to connect from anything without WPA connections or a browser (one network is unsecured but you enter your username/pw into a browser to access, one is secured WPA with username/pw access). Either way my original DS wasn't getting in. But I called my technology department and they had a specific website where I put in the mac address of my Nintendo DS so they could distinguish it from other devices, and then I was allowed to connect through the unsecured network because the network let me through without needing to go through a browser.

I'm not saying there will definitely be a way, but it's college. I'm 90% sure they don't block out all game systems without a browser from the internet, because generally that's not how colleges are. Have you tried calling your IT people?

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
Today we tried to use the Nintendo website to fix the Router and it did not work. I tried deleting my connection and re entering the WEP key and that did not work All it does is show bars and then disconnect. Is there something we need to change or should we contact our service provider to see if they can help fix the problem? Thanks.:)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years

Yes. That is why my advice was to talk to the people that control the network, instead of just taking your word for it that it wasn't possible and to just give up. The way my network is set up, it is impossible for you to connect from anything without WPA connections or a browser (one network is unsecured but you enter your username/pw into a browser to access, one is secured WPA with username/pw access). Either way my original DS wasn't getting in. But I called my technology department and they had a specific website where I put in the mac address of my Nintendo DS so they could distinguish it from other devices, and then I was allowed to connect through the unsecured network because the network let me through without needing to go through a browser.

I'm not saying there will definitely be a way, but it's college. I'm 90% sure they don't block out all game systems without a browser from the internet, because generally that's not how colleges are. Have you tried calling your IT people?

Me? No, I use internet at home, and I would temporally disable security on my network when I wanted to get on with my DS.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
Guys I got my Wi-Fi to work again. I had to enter the new DNS Primary and Secondary numbers for it to work and I am now back online. Thanks for all your help guys.:)

EDIT: Why can't I connect to Wi-Fi now?

I am wondering because when I try to connect I get this error. Unable to obtain an IP address. Move within range or check your DHCP settings or visit www.nintendosupport.com. Error code: 52000

I have tried to reset my connection manually on the DS and everything is the same as it was. The DNS matches the router. I also did a search for connections and put in my WEP key and still nothing works. It was working fine until Monday night After that it was a struggle to con nect and now I can't even connect at all.

I checked with a few of my friends and they can connect but for some reason I can't even get on. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks XD.
icon_e_smile.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2012
I just bought myself a [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Nintendo[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] 3DS. Now I want to trade pokemon between my DSi and my 3DS.
I want to trade between HG and platinum. After trying for hours, the internet on my DSi started to work with pokemon HG, and I got my platinum [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]friend [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]code[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] on my DSi after switching games.

The problem is that my 3DS refuse to connect to the internet while playing pokemon. I can go online, just not while playing pokemon. I bought this so I could trade between my own games.

There is no answer on google, so I decided to ask my favorite pokemon friends - what is going on? I've changed all settings and it's working fine on the DSi but not on the 3DS while playing pokemon.

Thank you all! :-)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I just bought myself a [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Nintendo[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] 3DS. Now I want to trade pokemon between my DSi and my 3DS.
I want to trade between HG and platinum. After trying for hours, the internet on my DSi started to work with pokemon HG, and I got my platinum [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]friend [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]code[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] on my DSi after switching games.

The problem is that my 3DS refuse to connect to the internet while playing pokemon. I can go online, just not while playing pokemon. I bought this so I could trade between my own games.

There is no answer on google, so I decided to ask my favorite pokemon friends - what is going on? I've changed all settings and it's working fine on the DSi but not on the 3DS while playing pokemon.

Thank you all! :-)

I am not sure why the 3DS won't connect, but you are also not being very discriptive. When asking for help, especially from people who are not psyically present it is very important to be as discripitve as possible. Help us help you.

Trade with your self without using the friend code.
I can't remember what the menu option is, but on the game select the option that says trade with trainers who are near by.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back