• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt'Scizor

Wannabe Spriter/ROM Hacker
    Years
    WifiMax problem

I just got WifiMax today and followed all of the steps to it, but I have one problem.

It all sets up properly, but when I 'Test Connection' or try to connect to it from my DS, there is an Error Code. Most of the time it is 51200 or 51300 and no one else is using it. There is always the issue of no signal, where it is red and there are no bars.

I have been waiting to connect to WiFi for ages, can anyone help?

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    What type of an internet connection do you have? If it's dial-up it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I had the Nintendo Wi-Fi adapter and would notice the same issues. If you're trying to use it on a high-speed internet connection (such as DSL or Cable), you start to have problems. Why, I don't know. Just let us know!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Ok, I no longer use the nintendo wifi connector, I found a better one that I have been using for a couple of months now, but I plugged it (802.11b/g) and got a "limited or no connectivity" message, I haven't touched my router or any settings on it, I have not changed any thing on my laptop, what has went wrong please??
    Any help, much appreciated!! :)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Ok, I no longer use the nintendo wifi connector, I found a better one that I have been using for a couple of months now, but I plugged it (802.11b/g) and got a "limited or no connectivity" message, I haven't touched my router or any settings on it, I have not changed any thing on my laptop, what has went wrong please??
    Any help, much appreciated!! :)

Are you still able to get on the Internet with said connection? If so then the error message incorrect... and nothing to worry about.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    The dongle is the 802.11 usb for a wifi connection, not internet connection, it has been working fine for the last couple of months and just today I got the error message??

Buoysel

Years
    When I said "Internet Connection" I was meaning network connection. Since most people would have no idea the difference between a home network or their Internet connection.

If you are using said USB WiFi adepter to connect to your WiFi and said WiFi connection appears to be working fine then its probably just a "glich" of sorts.

OR it could be because of an incorrectly configured TCP/IP, or that DHCP is not enabled on your network... there really could be a million and one things causing said error message to appear, however, if everything is working find then its nothing to worry about.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    When I said "Internet Connection" I was meaning network connection. Since most people would have no idea the difference between a home network or their Internet connection.

If you are using said USB WiFi adepter to connect to your WiFi and said WiFi connection appears to be working fine then its probably just a "glich" of sorts.

OR it could be because of an incorrectly configured TCP/IP, or that DHCP is not enabled on your network... there really could be a million and one things causing said error message to appear, however, if everything is working find then its nothing to worry about.

Ok sorry for that, let me explain a little more then, I have a laptop which gets internet from a router and use the usb wifi connector for wifi, of course, I have had this usb since august and it has worked fine, until today, I hooked it up and got that message, never got it before, I have not changed any thing in the router settings or on my laptop, I just don't understand why I would get this error?? When I try to connect with my ds it gives the code 52000 which is the can't get IP address, I don't want to change it as it may cause more problems, I m just really confused as to why this would happen all of a sudden??

Buoysel

Years
    Okay it sounds like the DHCP issues I was talking about... basically the router gives every computer an IP address on the network... if it isn't handing out address things grinds to a halt because the network traffic doesn't know which computer to go to.

Please double check for me: open a comand prompt window in Windows (use the run command and type "cmd") Once you have the black window with white text type "ipconfig" (with out the quotes) and press enter. Some info will pop up look on the left for "IPv4" to the side will be an IP address, that is your computers IP address on the local network. If it is all 0's (0.0.0.0) or starts with 169. Then Windows did not receive an IP from the DHCP server and that is the source of the error message.

Before you close out the command prompt window do one more test and type "ping 127.0.0.1" again with out the quotes. That is a loop back test to check to make sure that the hardware on your computer is functioning correctly. you should get something like this:
    Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Packets: Sent =4, revived =4, lost =0 (0%)
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms Maximum =0ms Average = 0ms

If you receive something other than that^ (or close to it) let me know.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Thanks Buoysel, but I was up a long time last night and tried some thing that I used to have to do with my old connector and uninstalled it and tried to re-install it and now can't get it to re-install, so I'm thinking the connector went bad.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    There is a slight compatibility problem with my DS and my dad's Wi-Fi.
    So, my dad has Wi-Fi. And I use it for my netbook when I go to his place. But whenever I try to connect my DS, it only stays on for like 30 seconds. then signal dies. :o

I tried to stay in different places of the house, yet it doesn't work.

Oh, and it needs no password. It's security-free.

So, is there anything I could do ?

*- Apparently, my brother's DSi XL works just fine, so it's my DS...

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    Hi I'm having an issue trading via wifi :c I just got a new computer, but I still have the same router. The new computer has a new anti spyware though. So I'm not exactly sure what it needs to allow my ds to successfully make a trade x_x I keep getting an error and it asks me to reconnect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back