• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm currently running DIR-615. I'm trying to change my wifi password. Does anyone know how to do it? If so please respond to me asap. I'm trying to log in to my ipod and I forgot the pw.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I'm currently running DIR-615. I'm trying to change my wifi password. Does anyone know how to do it? If so please respond to me asap. I'm trying to log in to my ipod and I forgot the pw.

Look on the bottom of the router, it should say something along the lines of router configuration and should have an IP address, my D-link router, which is several years old, has a configuration address of 192.168.0.1. My newer linksys is 192.168.1.1. If one doesn't work try the other. While looking at the bottom of the router, there should be something about default password, you will need that to login once you get the the configuration page, now since I don't know what your configuration page is gong to look like, I can only tell you what to look for as I am not there.

Once in the setup menu, your going to want to look for wireless security, WiFi set up, or anything that you think might look like it has something to do with configuration of the WiFi network. Once in the page, it should be pretty self explanatory.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    I can't connect cos it keeps saying my SSID isn't confirmed.

Whats that mean

You need to go into your router via browser so heres step by step

1: open any browser
    2: type in the address bar "your lan ip" (normally 192.168.1.1) and press enter
    3: check your wep​

Years
  • Hello. Earlier today deku and I tried to trade in wifi room. We see each other for some reason we couldn't connect at all. What does this mean? Also we get stuck at communicating with deku or something like that. Anyone have this issue. I also gave my friend code to him and he is saying is the wrong friend code. So what should I do? Does anyone know how to reset the friend code with out restarting the game? Let me know. Does this counts I'm only at my 7th badge. I'm gonna go get my 8th soon. Let me know thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hello. Earlier today deku and I tried to trade in wifi room. We see each other for some reason we couldn't connect at all. What does this mean? Also we get stuck at communicating with deku or something like that. Anyone have this issue.

I'm actually in here for the same reasons. I was trying to trade with someone a while ago and encountered the same problem. So I looked up the error code and found this, which leads me to my next question. It says to make sure my router has the latest firmware installed, but when I went to my router manufacturer's site to check for some downloads, I got this: "Do NOT upgrade firmware on any D-Link product over a wireless connection. Failure of the device may result. Use only hard-wired network connections." Now...how am I supposed to upgrade with a hard-wired connection? That would require the router to be disconnected, so how would it get upgraded? Anyway, help with both problems would be great. :>

Years

• I'm actually in here for the same reasons. I was trying to trade with someone a while ago and encountered the same problem. So I looked up the error code and found this, which leads me to my next question. It says to make sure my router has the latest firmware installed, but when I went to my router manufacturer's site to check for some downloads, I got this: "Do NOT upgrade firmware on any D-Link product over a wireless connection. Failure of the device may result. Use only hard-wired network connections." Now...how am I supposed to upgrade with a hard-wired connection? That would require the router to be disconnected, so how would it get upgraded? Anyway, help with both problems would be great. :>

For the firmware update, you just need to plug the computer into the router via an ethernet cable. Your router should have at least one ethernet port labeled "LAN" (not WAN. WAN is the port that the router uses to connect to the internet) that you would plug that ethernet cable into.

The reason that I assume is why they say to not update the firmware wirelessly is that firmware updates turn off the wireless, which causes the firmware update to screw up because the router loses its connection to the computer you're trying to use to update it.

Years
  • For the firmware update, you just need to plug the computer into the router via an ethernet cable. Your router should have at least one ethernet port labeled "LAN" (not WAN. WAN is the port that the router uses to connect to the internet) that you would plug that ethernet cable into.

The reason that I assume is why they say to not update the firmware wirelessly is that firmware updates turn off the wireless, which causes the firmware update to screw up because the router loses its connection to the computer you're trying to use to update it.

donavannij if you're so good at this can you control my desktop on your end and set it up for me. I'm not so good with this. Please help if you can. Vme or send me a message on msn @ [email protected] for answers. Oh by the way the wifi I'm trading with garrabuto right now works for hg not white. :'(

Yesterday when I was trading with deku I only had 7badges. Does it matters?

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
  • donavannij if you're so good at this can you control my desktop on your end and set it up for me. I'm not so good with this. Please help if you can. Vme or send me a message on msn @ [email protected] for answers. Oh by the way the wifi I'm trading with garrabuto right now works for hg not white. :'(

Not many people are going to want to do this remotely, if something goes wrong, there is nothing they can do because they aren't there with the router. There is one program that I can think of that would work in this situation, but finding someone who is willing to do it is another.

Yesterday when I was trading with deku I only had 7badges. Does it matters?

Nope

Hello. Earlier today deku and I tried to trade in wifi room. We see each other for some reason we couldn't connect at all. What does this mean? Also we get stuck at communicating with deku or something like that. Anyone have this issue. I also gave my friend code to him and he is saying is the wrong friend code. So what should I do? Does anyone know how to reset the friend code with out restarting the game? Let me know. Does this counts I'm only at my 7th badge. I'm gonna go get my 8th soon. Let me know thanks.

If you can see each other, then the router is working correctly. I would suggest moving closer to the router to remove the possibility of poor signal.

As for the FC, my only guess is that he is typing it wrong, or you read it wrong when you gave it to him. Also what game are you using, and what game is deku using?

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • How do i connect my DS to WIFI club if i dont have a router? I'm on holiday and here i dont have a wireless internet. ;(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm guessing the problem I have goes here:

For some reason for the past two days my internet signal goes on and off my computer, and it works perfectly with my PSP and iPod, but not my computer. I have to restart it to go back on the internet sometimes. I'm not sure if it's my router or my computer. Any help?

Buoysel

Years
  • I'm guessing the problem I have goes here:

For some reason for the past two days my internet signal goes on and off my computer, and it works perfectly with my PSP and iPod, but not my computer. I have to restart it to go back on the internet sometimes. I'm not sure if it's my router or my computer. Any help?

We need more information to help you. I am going to assume that your iPod and PSP are using WiFi, is your computer using WiFi also? What OS do you have, and if you are using a WiFi router what brand / model number is it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    We need more information to help you. I am going to assume that your iPod and PSP are using WiFi, is your computer using WiFi also? What OS do you have, and if you are using a WiFi router what brand / model number is it?

Yes they are, and yea, my computer is using Wifi also. I have Windows Vista, I'm not sure about the model number, but it's a Cisco Linksys router.

Buoysel

Years
  • Yes they are, and yea, my computer is using Wifi also. I have Windows Vista, I'm not sure about the model number, but it's a Cisco Linksys router.

When it says internet not available, have you tried the troubleshooting it using Windows? If not, try it, the Built in troubleshooting is actually quite good.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Hello, I am here with a question about router problems I've had for awhile now.

I don't really know what's wrong, but whenever I troubleshoot, it will either say DNS server can't respond or a message about having to disconnect my router for 10 seconds and then reconnect it. Either way, this happens throughout the day every day, and no matter what I do I will still lose my internet connection one way or another. This internet connection used to be connected to a landline telephone, and these problems started to occur when we removed that.

So does anyone know what's up with my internet?

Buoysel

Years
  • Hello, I am here with a question about router problems I've had for awhile now.

I don't really know what's wrong, but whenever I troubleshoot, it will either say DNS server can't respond or a message about having to disconnect my router for 10 seconds and then reconnect it. Either way, this happens throughout the day every day, and no matter what I do I will still lose my internet connection one way or another. This internet connection used to be connected to a landline telephone, and these problems started to occur when we removed that.

So does anyone know what's up with my internet?

You said that it used to be connected to a landline, what do you use now?

There are several possible reasons for the loss of connection. It sounds like you are having connection issues that might be to blamed on your ISP. Check your connection at speedtest.net and pingtest.net, it will grade your connection. If the score isn't too high you might want to call your ISP and have them check the line.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Our landline phone was connected to the modem that provides our internet, and then we removed it and you know the rest.

At pingtest, the line quality came up with a B. Is that considered high?

Buoysel

Years
  • Our landline phone was connected to the modem that provides our internet, and then we removed it and you know the rest.

At pingtest, the line quality came up with a B. Is that considered high?
    Its alright. And no I don't know the rest. I'm not sure how you are connecting to the internet with out a modem. Did you add a WiFi router? You need to give us every detail if you want help, with out them we may over look something while troubleshooting.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Its alright. And no I don't know the rest. I'm not sure how you are connecting to the internet with out a modem. Did you add a WiFi router? You need to give us every detail if you want help, with out them we may over look something while troubleshooting.

When I say the rest I meant that was when it started disconnecting a lot. We haven't added or changed anything, leaving it as is. I think I may have said something misinterpreting- we still have the modem that was connected to our landline phone, which is how we obviously connect to the internet.

I hope I'm making some sense now, lol.

Buoysel

Years
  • When I say the rest I meant that was when it started disconnecting a lot. We haven't added or changed anything, leaving it as is. I think I may have said something misinterpreting- we still have the modem that was connected to our landline phone, which is how we obviously connect to the internet.

I hope I'm making some sense now, lol.

I am so sorry I forgout about this.

It could be a number of things. We recently had an issue with our home DSL connection, it turned out the line wasn't properly grounded, and was causing all sorts of havoc.

If this is still going on: the next time it happens try pinging an IP address on the web. An easy IP address to remember is 8.8.8.8, which is a Google free public DNS server. (Another Google DNS server is 8.8.4.4)

If you don't know how to ping:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back