• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wi-Fi and router-related help

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OK, so my wifi conection is perfect, whenever i try to trade, it ususally discconetes me 3-5 times until the trade goes through, but my connection has the 4 green bars(perfect connection)

today, it kept dissconnecting me and it wouldnt even let me battle,

any advice on how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Wireless

So in Diamond/Pearl when you get to the continue/new screen screen the game searches for a wireless link, (the power light blinks) allowing it to link with the Wii. My Platinum doesn't do that. Is my game messed up???

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    This has nothing to do with computers so I'm not sure how helpful I can be, but it maintains the same compatibility and method of connecting as DP so it should do the same thing that your Diamond/Pearl game did.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    Okay I have a question. Is a modem and Wired Router the same thing? Also if I hook the Wii up to a wired router will the DS be able to get on wifi through the Wii?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yes, this belongs in Diamond/Pearl. Do you have to get to a certain point before you are able to connect to Wii?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    So in Diamond/Pearl when you get to the continue/new screen screen the game searches for a wireless link, (the power light blinks) allowing it to link with the Wii. My Platinum doesn't do that. Is my game messed up???

It will connect to the Wii like normal. Whenever there is a wireless link with the Wii, "Connect to Wii" will still show up in the menu. I tested it myself.
    Okay I have a question. Is a modem and Wired Router the same thing? Also if I hook the Wii up to a wired router will the DS be able to get on wifi through the Wii?
    It depends on the modem, but most of the time, they are different. Routers usually allow you to connect multiple devices to the Internet. Hooking the Wii up to the wired network will not allow the DS to connect to the Internet. If all you have is a wired network, then you should look in to getting the Wi-Fi USB adapter, but I don't think they sell that anymore. You could also look into getting a wireless router if you wanted to, but that is a little more expensive than the adapter.
    My computer connects to the internet with a wireless network, but my DS won't pick up the network, how can I fix that?
    Do you know if your network is encrypted? Hidden networks and WPA encrypted networks will not show up on the list of networks. (I could be wrong about the WPA, though.) If your network is hidden, you will need to get the SSID (basically, the name of the wireless network) from your computer. You can usually hover your mouse over the wireless icon in the bottom left to get the SSID. Once you get the SSID, you need to use the manual set-up to enter the SSID. Everything else you can just leave set to "Auto."

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
    Hey, I have a question about wifi.

I have a wireless router (d-link, and it's compatible with wi-fi), but I don't have a WEP key (I have some other thing, I think it was WAP or WPR, or something like that...)

How do you change it to a WEP key?

Also, keep in mind, there are 3 computers that use the wireless router for internet: my laptop, my sister's laptop (both are Windows Vista) and my Uncle's laptop (windows XP )

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    need help with hotspots

i couldn't find a wifi help thread =/

I can't find a hotspot compatible with the DS. Since the USB connector is discontinued i don't know what to do in terms of getting online w/o getting wifi.

Is there any list of hotspots that work with the DS?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    i know who to set up a connection, but when i test it the game says it can't connect.

weirdly using two different DS's i was getting two different error codes.

Jack_Atlas

Who's your Master of Faster?
    Years
    .....g p onto nintendo's website ( I don't want to get in trouble by posting the site. just add a .com @ the end) and go to support. enter your error code, and it will tell you whats wrong. to be honest, im supriesd a mod hasnt moved this yet....

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    i've gone to free wifi places, and my ds won't connect when i test the connection.
    it works when i'm using my friends wifi, just not at any free wifi place.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    i have platinum and i have a WPA key and it needs a WEP key anybody knows how to help me connect

I had the same problem earlier today and all I had to do was change my router's security settings to WEP Kep. It would help if you told us what type of router you have.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    Right so.

My wifi used to work, right? A few couple of months ago... I can't tell you how long it's been, since I just started playing pearl again after several months.

So when I try to connect it gives me the error 52100. (What happens exactly is that the little bars (Idk what they're called) are red for a few seconds, then they turn green and stay green for about a minute then turn back to red.) So I went to the Nintendo Wifi website but that didn't help at all.

I've tried resetting my router, going to the router website (You know, the one where you put the IP in your adress bar?) and turning off the firewall and allowing my DS's MAC address. None of that has helped.

I tried upgrading the firmware for my router, but when I try to open the file to do so, it gives me this thing like, "Windows could not find a program to open this file with", or something to that effect.

So help me out guys. (If it helps, I'm using a Vista and my router is a Westell 327W/B90-327W15-06)
    I have the same problem, though I've had it only for a short time. The connection worked before, but yesterday it disconnected when I was on wi-fi and hasn't been able to connect ever since. Error code is 52100, none of the fixing methods are working. Can anyone help us out?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back