• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
  • Also, I feel the same way about 12. I don't mind that he's old, so much as I'm sad that Doctor x Clara will never happen :(

NuWhovians. You guys, really.

The Doctor has ALWAYS been an older guy. Seriously. Ten and Eleven were the youngest ever, and they started this trend that the Doctor needs to have this sexual tension with his companions. NO! I actually hate that. The only one I could imagine was Rose, and that is PUSHING IT. I'm happy Eleven is gone and we're getting an older Doctor to help with Clara (who I still don't like.). This whole sexual tension and "OH LOOK NAKEDNESS" is annoying to older fans. I grew up watching Classic Who, I've seen every episode I could... Just... no.

Sorry I get sort of annoyed by people who just jump into the show and are showing hate for a new Doctor because he isn't 'hot' or young or whatnot. So what? He's still the damn Doctor, doesn't matter what face he's using. All save for two of the actors that have played the Doctor have been over forty, Eleven being the youngest.

Eleven in ruined who form me. (Yeah, shoot me) Look, I'm a Ten fan, but I'm also a fan of Classic Who. Eleven ruined Who for me because of all these new fans that show up and act like they know the show that's been running since before they were born. All of a sudden the Doctor's a sexual item and every companion needs to swoon over him or kiss him or see him naked at some point. (Which is why I love the scene with Ten and Donna because Donna WASN'T HAVING ANY OF IT) I didn't hate Matt Smith, but I hated what he added to Who, in that fangirl squee fanbase.

Capaldi is a brilliant actor. I think he is the perfect choice for Twelve. Not only that, but he was DESERVING. He is a fan! First and foremost! Just like Tennant! He WANTS to be the Doctor, and he KNOWS THE CHARACTER. Smith had no idea about the show, and he didn't watch it.

Having an older Doctor again is bringing the show back to its roots.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I think that's a rather extreme viewpoint tbh. Like, I'm a Classic fan as well. And a lot of the things you pointed out are certainly an issue- I've discussed the sexism and over-sexualization the show's been going through. But that's not really Matt's fault. He was a very good actor and studied the role- his major influence was Patrick Troughton, and you can see that in his behaviour (especially in series 5 & 6a). I don't think you can say he was undeserving. He did very well, and became passionate about the show. Is that so different than someone becoming a dedicated fan through exposure to New Who on the internet? And remember that when you say "deserving", but mean "a big fan whose dream job would be that"- Moffat has been a Who fan for much of his life. Look what he's been doing.

Matt was a good Doctor, but severely let down by the writing during his run. No matter how adorable and bouncy he acts, no matter how many times he does an astonishing portrayal of an old man in a young man's body, his talent alone can not counteract the hideously written actions and stories he had to act out. And I would say not that Matt ruined Who, but that Moffat's decisions are taking it down a dark path.

Honestly, I don't think you should be angry at the newer fans. It's not like Classic Who is shown much anymore, and not a lot of people are going to seek it out when they're still getting a show they like that's higher-budget than the original, easier to keep with, and has more fans. As much as I'd like to say that Classic and New are all just Doctor Who, there is that significant split. It's pretty much two shows. But really, don't be angry at them. They're not responsible for the quality of writing they are getting. It's not their fault that what they're being shown is contradictory to a lot of history. If they only watch New Who- which is a significant amount of TV show- they really can't be blamed for not having extensive knowledge of the canon. Maybe they don't have time to learn, or didn't find Classic Who interesting for whatever reason, but that's okay. What's not okay is that the programme we have is deviating so far from its own roots that it is guiding new viewers into undesirable interpretations.

It's interesting that you have so much hate for Matt based on his fanbase- David's fans are much more prominent in their fangasming over his apparent perfection. I'm also going to point out that Peter is actually second-youngest in terms of debut age- the youngest four are Matt (27), Peter (29), David (34), and Paul (36). I agree that the Doctor should not be a sex symbol and the sexualization of the Doctor and other characters is a horrible trend imo. That's not to say casting an attractive actor is a bad thing, though- Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison were heartthrobs back in the day. But it should certainly not be the focal point or draw of the show. Unfortunately, Doctor Who is less of a family programme these days and more of teen-attracting drama. And teens are horny af and will naturally fixate on relative hotness. And with the advent of the internet, teens feel safe gushing and generally going overboard with their interests. Again, this is not a bad thing per se. But that's a racket those fans are making, and that does some to reinforce the idea that sexualizing Doctor Who is a good move to attract people to it.

I'm very glad Capaldi has been chosen for the role. It's always nice when a fan is cast and a dream like that fulfilled. He's a great and proven actor and will do well no matter what bullschwa he has to perform. But the facts that he is experienced in writing as well as acting, is well-versed in Who lore, and is confident in himself and where he stands may lead to another thing entirely. It's already been reported that he's been arguing with Moffat over scripts and the Doctor's behaviour- this may lead to changes for the positive. I imagine his Doctor will take a backseat to the sexy shenanigans anyway and develop a more parental relationship with Clara, which should be much more heartwarming than another romantic plotline.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • NuWhovians. You guys, really.

The Doctor has ALWAYS been an older guy. Seriously. Ten and Eleven were the youngest ever, and they started this trend that the Doctor needs to have this sexual tension with his companions. NO! I actually hate that. The only one I could imagine was Rose, and that is PUSHING IT. I'm happy Eleven is gone and we're getting an older Doctor to help with Clara (who I still don't like.). This whole sexual tension and "OH LOOK NAKEDNESS" is annoying to older fans. I grew up watching Classic Who, I've seen every episode I could... Just... no.
    You could stand Rose? That was so much pushing and shoved down, ugh. I did like Clara though. But this is the thing about Doctor Who, it's not always the same it changes with the Era. Like how Pertwee was more Bond based because that was its era, and because of pertwee's background too probably.

I feel like ten had more fan-girls as Aquacode stated. I haven't watched much of Classic Who, its good (kinda hard to get into when you didn't grow up with it), but I feel like Eleven was a better doctor than ten most times.
    I hate fan girls too, they ruin everything, but now its part of the internet and most shows are affected by it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess I probably count as a fangirl myself so I guess it's probably why, but fangirls have never really bothered me in Doctor Who at all. Not that I really consider myself "in the fandom" with it, but I find the really obnoxious people incredibly easy to ignore. And everyone else tends to be pretty level-headed, at least in the areas I do frequent. It's hard for me to see how they could "ruin everything". :(

I'm very glad Capaldi has been chosen for the role. It's always nice when a fan is cast and a dream like that fulfilled. He's a great and proven actor and will do well no matter what bullschwa he has to perform. But the facts that he is experienced in writing as well as acting, is well-versed in Who lore, and is confident in himself and where he stands may lead to another thing entirely. It's already been reported that he's been arguing with Moffat over scripts and the Doctor's behaviour- this may lead to changes for the positive. I imagine his Doctor will take a backseat to the sexy shenanigans anyway and develop a more parental relationship with Clara, which should be much more heartwarming than another romantic plotline.
    I was sooooo happy when I heard Capaldi was arguing over scripts. My interest in Doctor Who has been steadily waning since Series 5 and pretty much all of Moffat's favourite mainstays in his scripts and plots are things I can't stand. I know close to nothing about Capaldi but the idea that he might be a breath of fresh air who isn't afraid to request changes and point out where the "word of God" is wrong is so exciting.

I'm also hoping he'll be too old for the producers/Moffat/whoever-makes-these-decisions to throw him in a love/crush relationship with Clara or any other companion. I'm ready for a different kind of Doctor/companion relationship. Donna was my favourite companion in the reboot series just because she was BFFs with the Doctor and they just had plain ol' fun without all the (sexual/romantic) tension. I want to see that again! Or even better, what you said with a parent/child, mentor/student kind of thing. ♥

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly didn't mind when it was Ten, because he always had this oblivious thing going on, which was cute. Except for Rose in the end, perhaps, but she was, like, the very first real romantic partner to him so that's even more okay. And they didn't even do anything aah. With Eleven though, it was a bit too much. River, I can understand, since she pretty much said "this is your future" and he couldn't really do much else but to do what she said to not ruin the timeline or stuffstuff. But overall think Eleven went too far, somehow. I haven't completely developed this thought yet so sorry if I seem incoherent xD

In other news, my fanfic is coming along well, I think. 83

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • You could stand Rose? That was so much pushing and shoved down, ugh. I did like Clara though. But this is the thing about Doctor Who, it's not always the same it changes with the Era. Like how Pertwee was more Bond based because that was its era, and because of pertwee's background too probably.

I feel like ten had more fan-girls as Aquacode stated. I haven't watched much of Classic Who, its good (kinda hard to get into when you didn't grow up with it), but I feel like Eleven was a better doctor than ten most times.
    I hate fan girls too, they ruin everything, but now its part of the internet and most shows are affected by it.
    Honestly, recalling series 1&2, Rose and the Doctor had a much more naturally progressing, healthy, wholesome, and adorable relationship than what was portrayed between say, River and the Doctor. It was obvious, yes, but was it the main focus of the show? Almost never.

Again, I don't think hating fangirls is good for anyone. Technically, any girl who is also a fan of something is a fangirl. But the image you have in your mind is of the loud ones, the ones that express their adoration for the Doctor and moon over his smexiness et al. Honestly, that's not a big deal. Ignore them if you don't like it. Rationally discuss why you dislike their actions or disagree with their opinions if you have to interact. But the thing is, they're enjoying the show. They may enjoy it in a different way or for different reasons, but is that a real reason to hate? Beyond even that, who says squee-ing over actors, enjoying romantic plotlines, and enjoying well-written adventures are all mutually exclusive? They're very much not.

Here's a really good essay on the general derision of teenage girls. ctrl++ the page a few times because tumblr people don't believe in clarity and it's worth a read. Here's another thing that's a little less in-depth but more focused on fangirls. And one more that's a little more on the fanfic analysis side. I'd really like y'all to take a look through those instead of just blindly hating on your stereotyped image of fangirls. :)

I was sooooo happy when I heard Capaldi was arguing over scripts. My interest in Doctor Who has been steadily waning since Series 5 and pretty much all of Moffat's favourite mainstays in his scripts and plots are things I can't stand. I know close to nothing about Capaldi but the idea that he might be a breath of fresh air who isn't afraid to request changes and point out where the "word of God" is wrong is so exciting.
    I'm really hoping he'll actually manage to make a significant difference in the show. Capaldi's age and his apparent demeanour will probably mean Moffat won't be able to push the sexualization of the Doctor anymore at the very least. I don't think he could pull enough to get rid of some of the bigger problems in the writing- namely, Moffat's habit of twisty, grandiose plots and lack of character development. But I already see a spark of change and that's still keeping me invested. :D It's actually really telling how little I cared about anything after like... series 5. Everything after that is a muddle to me, but I can still recall specific scenes and lines and assign the episode number, series, and title they were from for pretty much anything up to that point. And despite only seeing about a third of Classic, I can spout trivia and recall plotlines and discuss character arcs like a champ because I cared and was interested enough to learn. But I can only remember like three episodes of series 7? I literally did not care enough to commit them to memory. And that makes me sad. :(

In other news, my fanfic is coming along well, I think. 83
    Fanfic, yay! Sorry if this has been asked before but are you releasing chapters as you go or going to put it out all at once? And where are you in the writing process?

Cherrim

Years
  • Honestly, recalling series 1&2, Rose and the Doctor had a much more naturally progressing, healthy, wholesome, and adorable relationship than what was portrayed between say, River and the Doctor. It was obvious, yes, but was it the main focus of the show? Almost never.

Again, I don't think hating fangirls is good for anyone. Technically, any girl who is also a fan of something is a fangirl. But the image you have in your mind is of the loud ones, the ones that express their adoration for the Doctor and moon over his smexiness et al. Honestly, that's not a big deal. Ignore them if you don't like it. Rationally discuss why you dislike their actions or disagree with their opinions if you have to interact. But the thing is, they're enjoying the show. They may enjoy it in a different way or for different reasons, but is that a real reason to hate? Beyond even that, who says squee-ing over actors, enjoying romantic plotlines, and enjoying well-written adventures are all mutually exclusive? They're very much not.

Here's a really good essay on the general derision of teenage girls. ctrl++ the page a few times because tumblr people don't believe in clarity and it's worth a read. Here's another thing that's a little less in-depth but more focused on fangirls. And one more that's a little more on the fanfic analysis side. I'd really like y'all to take a look through those instead of just blindly hating on your stereotyped image of fangirls. :)
    Agreed with all of this. I get the impression that a lot of the Who fandom--even long before the 2005 reboot--was like this. Massive fans who were very vocal about how much they loved it and what parts they loved. (Right down to the actors, since everyone has "their" Doctor, you know?) It's just that now everyone has the internet as an outlet for these feelings about their fandom and it seems a lot more obvious. But I'm willing to bet that at any pre-internet fanclub meeting or convention meetup, people were probably just as obnoxious about loving Doctor Who as fangirls on the internet are today, haha.
    I'm really hoping he'll actually manage to make a significant difference in the show. Capaldi's age and his apparent demeanour will probably mean Moffat won't be able to push the sexualization of the Doctor anymore at the very least. I don't think he could pull enough to get rid of some of the bigger problems in the writing- namely, Moffat's habit of twisty, grandiose plots and lack of character development. But I already see a spark of change and that's still keeping me invested. :D It's actually really telling how little I cared about anything after like... series 5. Everything after that is a muddle to me, but I can still recall specific scenes and lines and assign the episode number, series, and title they were from for pretty much anything up to that point. And despite only seeing about a third of Classic, I can spout trivia and recall plotlines and discuss character arcs like a champ because I cared and was interested enough to learn. But I can only remember like three episodes of series 7? I literally did not care enough to commit them to memory. And that makes me sad. :(
    I feel this. I've tried to write a response several times but it just turned into a "Moffat's plot arcs rant" so I'll ditch all that and just say I agree that Capaldi probably can't change any of the more glaring problems I have with Moffat's DW. I enjoy the show so much, though, and I love the potential it has... so I'm willing to give it chance after chance and I think any improvement is very welcome at this point. I'll be interested to see where the Doctor's character goes, assuming the vague "everyone's in love with the Doctor" (including the Doctor, tbh) plot catalyst is out the window. It might be interesting to see what Moffat's female characters do if/when they can't be in love with his main character. Because I like the concept of most of his characters, I just don't like the inevitable execution.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • As someone who is pretty new to doctor who and has only seen the reboot, i am very excited to see Capaldi as the new Doctor. I loved 9-11, but i think having an older and "more mature" Doctor is a great change to what im used to. Someone mentioned the possibility of a "father-daughter" relationship between him and Clara, which is something i would love to see too!!
    Tbh one of the companions i liked the most was Donna, because she had no real love interest in the doctor, so im hoping this will be the case as well for some of the future companions

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Fanfic, yay! Sorry if this has been asked before but are you releasing chapters as you go or going to put it out all at once? And where are you in the writing process?
    I release them as I go, but I have loads more planned, some briefly and some down to specific lines. And the very end plot, I had from the start :D I don't know if I dare to link you guys to it before I've progressed some more xD so far it's just, um, angsty. And it's not for those who love River Song, fair warning.

"Moffat's plot arcs rant"
    I seem to be the only one who love these plot arcs ;;

"everyone's in love with the Doctor" (including the Doctor, tbh)
    Ahahah so true xD Though, this was kind of a thing before Moffat took over completely. Remember S3 Martha? Kylie Minogue (lol)? John Smith's love? Madam de Pompadour? Not to mention Rose, I guess, though that was justified considering her role was to "heal" him after the war and all. So funny that the Nine-Rose relationship in a way was much more adorable than Ten-Rose, and he was always feeling threatened by other boys like Adam (?), Mickey, Jack etc. because he didn't exactly have the greatest self-confidence. Then came Ten and was awfully self-loving for the first episodes imo hahahah. I remember missing Nine so much :p Luckily, Ten evolved though.

Tbh one of the companions i liked the most was Donna, because she had no real love interest in the doctor, so im hoping this will be the case as well for some of the future companions
    I do agree Donna and the Doctor were a fun couple of friends in comparison to most other companions though. But I really like how Amy's and Eleven's relationship turned out as well. I didn't think it was awfully "I'm in love with the Doctor" after that episode where she realized that she really loved Rory (when she thought she was pregnant on Earth and all). Rather, I really appreciated their best-friend thing and seeing her at Eleven's regeneration was so heartfelt and beautiful because she probably, despite River and his "impossible girl", was Eleven's greatest love. Amelia Pond, the girl who waited. In a non-romantic, Doctor-ish way that works much better than him snogging Claras to the right and left.

Am I the only one who actually thought Melody Pond was going to turn out to be the Doctor's and Amy's daughter in the build up of A Good Man Goes To War? xD They really made it sound like that, with the Doctor saying "It's mine" and the baby turning out to be part-Time Lord and Amy speaking about Melody's father like "he's the last of his kind" and all, haha.

Cherrim

Years
  • I seem to be the only one who love these plot arcs ;;
    Most people I know love them, to be honest.
    Ahahah so true xD Though, this was kind of a thing before Moffat took over completely. Remember S3 Martha? Kylie Minogue (lol)? John Smith's love? Madam de Pompadour? Not to mention Rose, I guess, though that was justified considering her role was to "heal" him after the war and all. So funny that the Nine-Rose relationship in a way was much more adorable than Ten-Rose, and he was always feeling threatened by other boys like Adam (?), Mickey, Jack etc. because he didn't exactly have the greatest self-confidence. Then came Ten and was awfully self-loving for the first episodes imo hahahah. I remember missing Nine so much :p Luckily, Ten evolved though.
    Oh, yeah, the "in love with the doctor" thing isn't exactly exclusive to Moffat. I'll be happy to see it gone again no matter who's writing, if that's the case. (I loved so much how it wasn't a thing with Donna and I look forward to a non-romance dynamic between the characters again.)
    I do agree Donna and the Doctor were a fun couple of friends in comparison to most other companions though. But I really like how Amy's and Eleven's relationship turned out as well. I didn't think it was awfully "I'm in love with the Doctor" after that episode where she realized that she really loved Rory (when she thought she was pregnant on Earth and all). Rather, I really appreciated their best-friend thing and seeing her at Eleven's regeneration was so heartfelt and beautiful because she probably, despite River and his "impossible girl", was Eleven's greatest love. Amelia Pond, the girl who waited. In a non-romantic, Doctor-ish way that works much better than him snogging Claras to the right and left.
    She was engaged to Rory by the time she "realized" she loved him instead of the Doctor and that always rubbed me the wrong way. I realize this is probably more my shortcoming than anything, but when Amy kissed the Doctor on the night of her wedding... I kind of gave up trying to respect/like her. I guess that's just the sort of thing that doesn't sit well with me at all. :( It really cheapened her feelings for Rory for me and it made it hard to believe she was actually in love with him if she needed the Doctor to make a scenario for her to realize it. I think I would have liked the relationship (friendship, to be clear) between Eleven and Amy had she never actually tried to seduce him or been in love with him or anything. Could've been cute but they ruined her character for me by trying to force her into that role while already having given her a fiancé/husband. :/

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    She was engaged to Rory by the time she "realized" she loved him instead of the Doctor and that always rubbed me the wrong way. I realize this is probably more my shortcoming than anything, but when Amy kissed the Doctor on the night of her wedding... I kind of gave up trying to respect/like her. I guess that's just the sort of thing that doesn't sit well with me at all. :( It really cheapened her feelings for Rory for me and it made it hard to believe she was actually in love with him if she needed the Doctor to make a scenario for her to realize it. I think I would have liked the relationship (friendship, to be clear) between Eleven and Amy had she never actually tried to seduce him or been in love with him or anything. Could've been cute but they ruined her character for me by trying to force her into that role while already having given her a fiancé/husband. :/
    Honestly, I think it was pretty realistic to make her like that. She had this childhood dork friend whom she had kind of accepted as her boyfriend since she realized that he was madly in love with her. Remember first ep when the Doctor meets Rory in town and Amy says "he's a friend" and Rory corrects her with "boyfriend"? She met the Doctor when she was 7 and he was a childhood hero to her, maybe even more strongly when nobody believed her. Then he turns up again and she's all confused. Then he disappears for two years and she gets so upset that he's late again that she gives in and agrees to marry Rory. And then the Doctor turns up again on the night before her wedding. She probably takes it as a sign and runs away with him just because she can, because she wants to finally get to know the raggedy doctor if she can.

Later, after she has realized that when it really matters, it's Rory that holds her heart after all, she is more relaxed around the Doctor and develop a more healthy friendship with him. The raggedy Doctor and the girl who waited :3 That's how I like to see it anyways. I don't think she's awful for trying to seduce the Doctor, if you think about how she's been living and dreaming. Why settle for a dorky nurse when you can have all of time and space and a bowtie? Until you realize that that dorky nurse is a courageous centurion on the inside :33 and the Doctor is a jerk

EDIT: can I just

tumblr_n3kqxleVmj1rj7z7ro8_250.gif

Cutest gif from DW, hands down. :3

Last edited:

Cherrim

Years
  • Honestly, I think it was pretty realistic to make her like that. She had this childhood dork friend whom she had kind of accepted as her boyfriend since she realized that he was madly in love with her. Remember first ep when the Doctor meets Rory in town and Amy says "he's a friend" and Rory corrects her with "boyfriend"? She met the Doctor when she was 7 and he was a childhood hero to her, maybe even more strongly when nobody believed her. Then he turns up again and she's all confused. Then he disappears for two years and she gets so upset that he's late again that she gives in and agrees to marry Rory. And then the Doctor turns up again on the night before her wedding. She probably takes it as a sign and runs away with him just because she can, because she wants to finally get to know the raggedy doctor if she can.

Later, after she has realized that when it really matters, it's Rory that holds her heart after all, she is more relaxed around the Doctor and develop a more healthy friendship with him. The raggedy Doctor and the girl who waited :3 That's how I like to see it anyways. I don't think she's awful for trying to seduce the Doctor, if you think about how she's been living and dreaming. Why settle for a dorky nurse when you can have all of time and space and a bowtie? Until you realize that that dorky nurse is a courageous centurion on the inside :33 and the Doctor is a jerk

Maybe it's a difference in what we find realistic then. If she agreed to marry Rory without already knowing he's who she wants to spend the rest of her life with (whether her Raggedy Man ever turns out to be real or not), then I feel like the show needed to work out a few more kinks in their relationship than it did. I think it was enough for most people but the way everything was handled always made me personally feel uncomfortable, so I never warmed up to Amy as a result. I looooved Rory so I really wanted to love everyone that he loves but they kept shoving important things under the rug or having the Doctor "fix" it way too quickly.

Like that one episode (in S7...?) where it's revealed that Amy's trying to separate from/break up with Rory just because she can't have children of her own. That... sounds like it deserves a whole season of trust building and working through it and they wrapped it up with a bow by the end of the episode it was introduced in. (And even then it was actually introduced in those short films on Youtube so people who weren't aware of those were extra confused.) :( But I mean, how many times does Rory have to prove to Amy that he wants to be with her no matter what? She should have known by now that she wasn't doing either of them any favours by shutting him out and not telling him anything about what's bothering her so much. And if she is still that insecure and traumatized by everything that's happened to the point where she doesn't realize how her decisions are affecting those around her, it's worth character development! I actually thought that plot line had the potential to really help build up her character and finally push her past all the weird feelings she seems to have about Rory but they resolved it so quickly and never mention it again so if you miss the episode, despite that sounding like a really important thing, you aren't actually missing anything and that's not the kind of character writing that I like. Amy had the potential to be one of my favourites, I bet, but nearly every time they tried to do something with her, it just fell flat for me and that makes me sad. :'(
    EDIT: can I just

tumblr_n3kqxleVmj1rj7z7ro8_250.gif

Cutest gif from DW, hands down. :3
    aaaaaaaaah babies!! ;w;

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Username: The Void
    Favorite Doctor: Tenth and Fourth
    Favorite Companion: Donna Noble

So I just subscribed to the DWM and it's keeping me really excited for Peter Capaldi to start playing the Twelfth Doctor. So yeah. Whovians ftw.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aha, I thought of the DW void when I saw your username around earlier ;) Welcome to the club! Nice to see someone who's a fan of Donna. Though, it actually seems like most of us here are.

Years
  • Username: MusikMaestro
    Favourite Doctor: Eleven
    Favourite Companion: Jamie / Clara

Sup. I like Doctor Who (My favourite season is Series Five), and I mostly have experience with NuWho (I've been watching it since it was first broadcasted, and I've seen every episode besides Blink and the End of The World). My favourite Monsters are the Vashta Nerada.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, you haven't seen Blink? But that's the first Weeping Angels episode, it's rather amazing imo. You should watch it :3 And I watched End of the World yesterday actually. It's a fun episode, Rose being all new and Cassandra being the ♥♥♥♥♥y trampoline. And also Face of Boe probably before they came up with his backstory...

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Username: lozzop
    Favorite Doctor: Tenth and eleventh
    Favorite Companion: Donna Noble

We've watched Doctor Who in our house since I was about six and hiding behind the sofa at the cybermen and weeping angels and that scary as hell gas mask episode, it's a tradition to always watch the Christmas specials with family we didn't even know we had. Anyway I love doctor who and wanna join in on this fan club :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to the club lozzop! (where is everyone else, why am I the only one greeting? o.o)

Seems like just about everybody loves Donna. Awesome! I generally like Catherine Tate. Watched a talkshow episode with her and David Tennant the other day and it was hilarious. Kind of like seeing Matt Smith and Karen Gillan together :3

Which Christmas Special is your favorite then? Mine is probably The Christmas Invasion, because baby Ten! <3 I was annoyed with him for being so weird compared to dear Nine, but he grew on me.

Also The Snowmen is a winner too. It was just adorable with the Doctor getting a reason for traveling again. And yeah, even though I cried rivers and wanted to hate Donna for popping into the TARDIS moments after Rose had left, I couldn't. Because Donna was too awesome. So The Runaway Bride was nice too... I was just a bit too sad to really appreciate it at the time. Better rewatch it.

I didn't like Voyage of the Damned at all :x is that weird? I guess I never liked when Ten showed romantic stuff towards any other than Rose xD

Years
  • I really like Time of the Doctor. Its just such a good send-off for Matt in my opinion, although I didn't like the way it tried to shove in a romantic relationship between him and Clara at the end. It wasn't really necessary, and it seemed to only be there to provide nearly every female new who companion with a crush on the Doctor.

On the other hand, I hate End of Time. Ten's whining is just too much, especially when a lot of it is kind of bullcrap.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • Welcome to the club lozzop! (where is everyone else, why am I the only one greeting? o.o)

Seems like just about everybody loves Donna. Awesome! I generally like Catherine Tate. Watched a talkshow episode with her and David Tennant the other day and it was hilarious. Kind of like seeing Matt Smith and Karen Gillan together :3

Which Christmas Special is your favorite then? Mine is probably The Christmas Invasion, because baby Ten! <3 I was annoyed with him for being so weird compared to dear Nine, but he grew on me.

Also The Snowmen is a winner too. It was just adorable with the Doctor getting a reason for traveling again. And yeah, even though I cried rivers and wanted to hate Donna for popping into the TARDIS moments after Rose had left, I couldn't. Because Donna was too awesome. So The Runaway Bride was nice too... I was just a bit too sad to really appreciate it at the time. Better rewatch it.

I didn't like Voyage of the Damned at all :x is that weird? I guess I never liked when Ten showed romantic stuff towards any other than Rose xD

Thank you! ^^ My favourite Christmas special is probably the Runaway Bride because I just love Catherine Tate too haha, and also I don't remember the name but the one with Rose and Mickey where the doctor gets his hand cut off O.O Also I think it was a Christmas special, but I loved the one with the Master. And the snowmen one to of course :)

Back