• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I feel like Watching S5 to get a good feel, then pushing through the cheese is a good stratergy.
Okay, good. I feel validated lol

First few times I tried to watch from the start (of the reboot, anyway) - that second episode about the end of the world with the skin lady was just so... cheese. Unbearable XD

About to start the Dalek episode now

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like the Dalek episode a lot. It's eerie in a way they don't quite manage to do in Eleven's series.

Plus, it's got one of the most beautiful soundtracks:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I enjoyed that episode the most of what I saw on the Ninth's series so far. The Doctor with the Dalek in the cage was good
It also shows that the Doctor was different in his ninth incarnation, if you compare to how peace-loving he became at the end of S1 and what he was like in his tenth life. Rose healed him, made him go from being able to cold-heartedly watch Cassandra explode or torture a Dalek with glee, to not be able to destroy a Dalek fleet and save the galaxy or still wanting to save the Master after all he had done to him and to Martha's family.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
y4gzskudinp76h8zy4ch.gif

Dance puppet dance! Only two weeks till the next doctor, I'm so giddy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
y4gzskudinp76h8zy4ch.gif

Dance puppet dance! Only two weeks till the next doctor, I'm so giddy.
Aaaa I can't wait! These two are going to be great together in a way the last incarnation of the Doctor couldn't be. He was always bound to Amy Pond back then. This Doctor will finally have Clara as the light of his life. And I'm not speaking romantically here, not at all, not with Amy either of course. Just, the Doctor always needs someone by his side or he goes depressed or mad. As previously seen.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
He's going mad either way, if the previews are anything to go by. I really think the best thing about this season is the fact that he's going past acceptance for the time war, considering how Gallifrey is now saved. But the question of "What Now" will haunt him, which is still cool. "What Now" plots are my favorite, when the character aimlessly tries to find out what to do with their selves.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
What'd he do in the old series? I'm new at this so I know little of it, but I thought the Time War was an Eighth (and War, I guess) Doctor thing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
What'd he do in the old series? I'm new at this so I know little of it, but I thought the Time War was an Eighth (and War, I guess) Doctor thing
Yeah from what I've seen and gathered from the old series, he mostly roamed space and time, changed companions once in a while, got stranded on Earth in his 3rd form, fought a very mean Master sometimes and fell into trouble with Gallifrey now and then. :3

For example, did you know he had part in wiping out the dinosaurs and possibly even making humans appear on Earth. Dat Doctor.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
The time war is a strictly new series concept, that has been hanging over the series' head since day one. Now that its covered, they can literally do anything they want with the doctor, the way he treats certain situations, and give us overarching plots that don't tie in with his personality.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I liked how RTD's era always had some Time War angst. Not sure I like at all how they suddenly retconned it. Because I refuse to believe that they planned to bring Gallifrey all the way from series 1 of new who :/ then again... By making Gallifrey exist, they can finally bring the show back to its roots a bit more.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Nah, time war angst got old by the time series 4 came out. I don't consider it a retcon as much as a restructuring of the series, as I personally think that in the end they regretted the move. I think in the beginning they wanted to stay more rooted to Earth, but then quickly shifted to its more alien roots.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
For those of you keeping up with my Who escapades, I've just started the tenth Doctor run. Liking it so far

Wait you didn't watch 10 without watching 9's season first, did you? Because the characters there are so intricately recurring and 9 and 10 are much more the same person than 11 and 10 are (imo) so it would be weird if you saw it in the wrong order :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Wait you didn't watch 10 without watching 9's season first, did you? Because the characters there are so intricately recurring and 9 and 10 are much more the same person than 11 and 10 are (imo) so it would be weird if you saw it in the wrong order :(

I went 11 -> 9 -> 10. I just finished 9 yesterday

Years
PokéCommunity Username: FlyingBeastie
Favorite Doctor: Five/Peter Davison, he was my first Doctor- I'll explain why after this sign up form.
Favorite Companion: I don't really have a favourite but I like Rory, I mean he got a red Jaguar E-Type which is my favourite car! But in all seriousness I like Rory because he has some really funny moments and he is a badass.

My relationship with Doctor Who started off as a rocky one, all I can remember is I saw a Doctor Who documentary when I was about 5 (So in about 2000/2001) which absolutely terrified me for some reason and all the way until the end of 2005 I feared anything Doctor Who related until the day I went round a friend's house during the Christmas holidays. So when I was there we started watching a fifth doctor episode- can't remember which one though :/. I really enjoyed it, without knowing it was a program I had feared for 4/5 years until the opening sequence for the second episode came on. I can't really remember much else from that except that I really liked the fifth doctor, and I ended up watching the 2005 Christmas Special because Doctor Who wasn't as scary I had thought. Let's just say I spent quite a bit of my Christmas money on video tapes of the fifth doctor's stories... :P Even now, at the age of 18 I will go for my fifth doctor DVDs over any other doctors, but I still enjoy watching the newer stuff. (Currently Eleven/Matt is my favourite new 'Who Doctor but I have a feeling Capaldi is going to change that)

I am really looking forward to this series, I am continuing my tradition of watching new episodes with my boyfriend and a Chinese takeaway and am now saving up to take the both of us to Cardiff to go to the Doctor Who Experience- I went when it was in London- since he has been buying me quite a few Doctor Who DVDs recently.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Welcome to the club, ye timorous beastie!

I like the fifth Doctor too :) Still haven't had time to watch all his episodes, but I will get around to it. I actually liked when they were four in the TARDIS, with the Doctor, Adric, Tegan and Nyssa. They could have made better use of the characters and weaved them into the stories rather than whiff away some character for each episodes. Such as Nyssa having a headache once and Tegan getting left on Heathrow (though they did a great job incorporating her cousin when she got back!). Basically, if the fifth Doctor's stories had been made with today's technology and standards of acting, they would have been amazing. Just think of how epic and heart-tugging Earthshock could have been!! I mean, more than it already is.

In other news, spoiler for Clara and Danny Pink in S8:
Spoiler:

I'm sort of hoping that this new Doctor will get a male companion eventually, sort of like Turlough :D been so many young girls defining the series. Donna was the only real fresh breeze among them, honestly.

Years
Favorite Doctor: 11. I loved how Matt Smith portrayed Ethernet doctor as a young face with an ancient, troubled heart.
Favorite Companion: Martha. She seemed like a change of pace in the new series.
My journey through time and space started in college. My roommate and I binge watched series one Anne 2, then most of Classic Who. Been hooked since. Can't wait for Saturday.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
PokéCommunity Username: Evanlyn
Favorite Doctor: It's kind of a tie between the 9th, 10th, and 11th. I haven't really seen the older series, so I don't know about the classic doctors. But there are qualities in each of the newer doctors that I love.
Favourite Companion: Definitely Rory Williams.

Who's excited about the new episodes? Just a bit over a day to go!

Back